Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are there ne tracks in iowa

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default are there ne tracks in iowa

are there any tracks in the southeast portion of iowa close to iowa city and south

so far i have only located one about 2 hours away
Old 03-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: are there ne tracks in iowa

Originally posted by wilson_bryant
are there any tracks in the southeast portion of iowa close to iowa city and south

so far i have only located one about 2 hours away
last time I was there ran at a track in desmoines(sp hell I'm a prune picker from cali) they ran on road on wensdays and off road on saturdays. and marshall town had something going but once a month check car action. proline puts out a places to race in that mag every now and then hope this helped
Old 03-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tracks in Iowa

I'm not for certain about any tracks over that way. There is a nice track in Fort Dodge called RC Raceway Park. They race off road and carpet I believe, both indoors. The contact number is (515)576-3780. There is a very nice outdoor off road track near Grimes called Outback2 Raceway, ran by Phil Knoll. The track is national caliber quality and the contact email is: [email protected]. The web site is: http://www.midiowa.com/tfracing/outback2.htm and the contact phone number is515) 986-3521. Also in Des Moines is Hobby Haven, and they have races both off road and parking lot. The contact numbers are: (515)276-1213 and the web site is: Hobby Haven . Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tracks in Iowa

Originally posted by oats77us
I'm not for certain about any tracks over that way. There is a nice track in Fort Dodge called RC Raceway Park. They race off road and carpet I believe, both indoors. The contact number is (515)576-3780. There is a very nice outdoor off road track near Grimes called Outback2 Raceway, ran by Phil Knoll. The track is national caliber quality and the contact email is: [email protected]. The web site is: http://www.midiowa.com/tfracing/outback2.htm and the contact phone number is515) 986-3521. Also in Des Moines is Hobby Haven, and they have races both off road and parking lot. The contact numbers are: (515)276-1213 and the web site is: Hobby Haven . Hope this helps.
thats the one I was talkn about in Des Moines I have raced there not a bad show. My first trip out I tryed to find the one in Fort dodge but couldn"t. Iowa is a great state but rc racing is a little scares.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

yah iowa is a good state, but i am only 15 and turn 16 this summer so i dont really have anyplace to go it sucks
Old 03-31-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wilson_bryant
yah iowa is a good state, but i am only 15 and turn 16 this summer so i dont really have anyplace to go it sucks
hey i feel for ya about the racing. know what its all about in corn country
Old 04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

There is a new hobby shop that just opened in Davenport and they are doing parking lot racing on Sundays. Its a run what you brought fun oriented race. I've never been there myself to experience it since I live out of state now, but I'll give it a try next time I am back in the area visiting my parents in a couple weeks.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

is it in a mall i cant think of the name now but i went to a hobby shop with my mom and there was a nice parking lot.....ah here it is, was it Hobby Town USA, and there is another one called MVR Hobby, there are a couple more but i dont want to list them they sound like crafts nto rc cars
Old 04-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

no, it isnt in the a mall mall. more of a strip mall. one of those row of stores. its in the spring village shopping area. its called american hobby and supply. there phone number is 563-441-9996. the guy you will be speaking to is Mark. he'll be able to give you all the info you need. i hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

the one i went to was in a strip mall it was hobbytown usa on east 53rd street therenumber is (563) 355-2071, i cant find the one you are talkin about on line. do u have a addy
Old 04-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

i dont have an address other than what info i gave you already. if you give the place a call, they will be able to give you an exact address, and give you all the other info i cant. i got all my info from a good friend of mine that lives in davenport. you could email him and he'll be able to help you more than me. his address is [email protected]. just put something like riley gave me your email address in the subject line.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks ill email him soon.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Hey got to http://www.iowarctracks.com to see what tracks are in your area.

While you are there, feel free to sign up. We would love to have you on board!