R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/240016-nice-dirt-track-hyde-park-n-y.html)

rcracer1958 08-31-2008 04:50 PM

NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.

Just some info for rc'ers in New York's Hudson valley area...there's a nice out door offroad track located right in Hyde Park @ Rampage Hobbies on route
9G, owners name is Rich, contact 845-229-1379.
Raced there today...had a blast.
Classes run: Slash
4WD Buggy
2WD Stadium truck

They have AMB lap counting,good stock of parts, food close by.

Also, they were discussing the possibility of running 1/18th scale associated 18R's indoors on the carpet in the store over the winter....if there's any interest in running 18R's please contact the owner and let him you're interested...the more res[onses he gets the faster he'll make his decision to do it...he's got a fair amount of room for 18's...probably even tamiya mini coopers...maybe even F1.
Let him know guys...we need a track locally with the price of gas

Bill Luongo

rcracer1958 09-02-2008 03:13 PM

I see I've had 18 lookers...any questions feel free to post....or call the hobby shop and speak to Rich....let him know you got the info from here
Thanks for any interest
Bill

rcracer1958 09-03-2008 01:15 AM

Well, it's definate. we will be racing 1/18th scale indoors this winter...as soon as dirt is over. I'd guess sometime in october. The track area is 37 feet by 12 feet, smallest lanes will be 3 feet, all turns will have a minimum of 3 feet width throughout the turn. I'd think you could probably run tamiya minis on this track as well as F1(if the drivers are courteous and not board slammers anyway) and of course 1/12th scale pan would work fine too.
Oval will be raced also, with 6 foot lanes, on wednesday nights, on road on saturday nights. work on the track should be starting sometime this month.
anyone interested can pm me, post here, or contact Rich @ 845-229-1379

rcracer1958 09-03-2008 02:22 PM

lots of lookers..would appreciate a little feedback if there's interest. Owner is also open to suggestions for any alternatie classes that people might want to run...basically if 2 of anything show up he'll make a heat for them. indoor season is coming...it's september already...let me know what you guys are interested in.
Bill

motorhead68 09-06-2008 03:31 AM

are you guys actually racing on sunday??????? and how many slashs do you have showing up

Korn_Kid 09-06-2008 05:08 AM

Oval on a wednesday?????

I called Rich over the winter and he was telling me he gets a "HUGE" class of cars on that night so i asked him how many and he told me like 12 cars. Has he ever gone to Marshalls? They have over 80 drivers on a Saturday night, 12 cars is nothing in one class. He races road course on saturday. why not oval on saturday then maybe he will get more ppl there. And also find a place that 10th scale cars can go on also. Marshalls is a Top Notch place and we need something like that in the hudson valley. So get with it ppl and give him some feed back about 10th scale racing and oval on a friday, saturday or sunday. not on a work day. Thanks

baruke1 09-06-2008 08:28 AM

do you have any pictures of the outdoor track?

bigb11 09-06-2008 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This we be the new test track for Brown Engineering's 6 cell chassis. we will likely have a stock / mod scalpel class

rcracer1958 09-06-2008 03:25 PM

I'll try to get some pics of the track and post them during the week.
as far as 1/10 is concerned...i doubt finances are going to let him find a place big enough...it's 1/18th for this indoor season.as for oval on saturday night...the road course crowd is larger in the winter...and they're already running saturday night...but friday may be possible...i'll discuss it with him tomorrow.
Hey Marvet...good to see your post...how many scalpels do you think you'll have ?...Rich has already said that if at least 2 of anything show up he'll run a heat for them.
Preperations for the track have started already...the slot car track is dismanteled...now just have to move the shelves out of the way and we'll have our space.
Any tamiya guys interested in road course on saturday nights ?...rethought the track...looking at a six foot wide straight...37' long...and 3 to 3 1/2' turn diameters.

rcracer1958 09-06-2008 03:27 PM

motorhead...there were 4 last week.....supposed to be 6 this week if the weather doesn't ruin it...the shop has sold over 20 of them...don't know where they all are...all were told of racing on the track.

rcracer1958 09-06-2008 03:33 PM

Korn Kid...gotta tell ya...just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in any 1/10 racing around here...oval or road....it's a shame...it's my favorite type of racing. you've got to remember this is only Rich's first year as owner of the shop....so money is tight. i'll live with the 1/18th scale for a season if i don't have to drive 2 hours just to race. maybe a succesful season of the small cars will give him the finances to find a larger location also...so any support would be appreciated.

bigb11 09-06-2008 04:10 PM

I have 5 scalpels, 6 counting my new project. I am looking for a bigger place to have 1/10 scale carpet racing, I hope to find something soon.

rcracer1958 09-06-2008 04:37 PM

That'd be great if you could find a place for 1/10th marvet. keep me posted

Trever007 09-07-2008 07:48 AM

Hey Marvet, I was just wondering what was different between all of you scalpels? I dident think there was that many things different to do lol.

And as to the "theres no inerest in 1/10th scale around here" i would have to disagree. But i think the best thing we could do is try calling the closest 1/10th tracks around here. When the racers sign up to race just have them wright down there home town. If there from around here i think we could open a nice 1/10th track. If there not from around here i would say i guess there is no interest. But i think the reason we dident get the turn out at the other track was because of the location and quality of the track plus the racers attitude. If we had a nicer track with a "code of conduct" i think we could get alot more people. The reason i say that is i have been to 6 other tracks out toward rochester and inthe rare occasion that there was an argument there was action taken right away! They also dident hesitate from baning people from the track that couldent controll them selvs.

bigb11 09-07-2008 12:40 PM

We have different verison of the chassis to test what works best.