R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

you won't see me friday...i work til 6:00 pm and won't be home til 7:00...not even gonna try to make up there
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #77
Tech Addict

seems odd to me that someone would put down their home track. the last time i raced there i thought the slash was very competitive with my sc10 and not one person had any complaints about it. the track was in good shape and i had alot of fun. see you friday!
ed@gallimods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #78
Tech Addict

I also work on friday but i will be there because the owner Rich has done nothing but been nice to me as a person and a racer. he goes the extra mile to make racing what it should be, fun fun fun!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well we had a very productive meeting tonight at the track!

The SC rules seem to be sorted out!

There will be an SC class and a Rampage Spec class.

In the SC class follow ROAR rules.

In the Rampage Spec class follow the current rules. The SC10 must run a final drive at 13 or slower. Testing will begin to determine the compatibility of the 21.5 brushless with the Titan and Trinity Spec motor.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone! Thanks Rich! Rampage is the place to be this summer! See ya'll Friday!

Congrats to Chris Luy for setting a new track record on the oval at half a lap short of 100!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

i wasn't putting down my home track....just passing on the info that there wasn't any lighting out back...as far as me not making it...doesn't make much sense to rush up there to race for ten minutes or so til the sun goes down. was just trying to avoid dissappointment for the people that get out late and have to travel. as far as rules are concerned...i don't know how you had a meeting concerning rules without one of the two track directors.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Well we had a very productive meeting tonight at the track!

The SC rules seem to be sorted out!

There will be an SC class and a Rampage Spec class.

In the SC class follow ROAR rules.

In the Rampage Spec class follow the current rules. The SC10 must run a final drive at 13 or slower. Testing will begin to determine the compatibility of the 21.5 brushless with the Titan and Trinity Spec motor.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone! Thanks Rich! Rampage is the place to be this summer! See ya'll Friday!

Congrats to Chris Luy for setting a new track record on the oval at half a lap short of 100!
seems like a win win to me. can't wait to race tonight. se you there!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Well how did it go tonight? I figured you werent going to show for a spankin' Wuss(Chris). M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #83
Tech Fanatic

I may not have chosen my words correctly in my post about the lighting for friday night racing, but my intent was to avoid people showing up at 7:00 pm and only having a half hour or so to run, not to put down my home track.
this club has just started to grow finally, and it seems to be all due to the slash racing. just didn't want new drivers turned off, but may have done that myself with my poor choice of words.
Rich intends to install lights if the interest is high enough in night racing, which is something i recommended to him in february when i was hounding him about getting ready for the outside season, i hope it works out.
hopefully i can take my foot out of my mouth now, cause i hate the taste of dirty sneaker
Bill Luongo
Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Well how did it go tonight? I figured you werent going to show for a spankin' Wuss(Chris). M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
I had a great time. You should have been there! Maybe next time!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Great evening of racing at Ramage. The track was well groomed and faster, even with the new bumps and jumps. We ran a full program and got it in ust before dark! Nice atmosphere, friendly people. The only thing that would have made it better is if my big and mighty SC-10 actually worked! So much for the performace advantage over the Slash's
!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Glad the weather held out today!

I will not be able to be at this Friday's racing. I will be racing the Honda at Limerock, Ed will be joining me as the crew chief. I think he is planning on Ramage racing on Sunday, I am also pending how tired I will be. He is wrenching on his T4 so he can do some 'real' racing.

If you've got nothing to do on Friday or Saturday, we'd like to see you at Limerock! We will be there all day both days. Friday is a full day of practice. Saturday is qualifiers and the race. It's less than an hour away www.limerock.com
Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

for anyone who was concerned about my opinion on rules , i've resigned my position as assistant track director. truthfully, rich should be making all decisions anyway as they can affect his income. i told him this from the very begining, but he had insisted on having track directors.
that out of the way, had a fun day of racing on sunday. my academy 4wd buggy is getting better after some tuning, and my academy stadium truck dominated all three rounds we got in. didn't run my slash as it's in peices on my work bench ( putting the super secret tune on it to battle those mighty SC10's )
slash racing was good, and we ran the first heats of mod slash as jonathan and shaun showed up to race finally. can't tell if they were better as rich had regular slash running 7 minute heats and he set mod up for 6 minutes by accident. from the results, regular slash 23 laps in 7 min., mod 16 laps in 6 min. . they spent an awful lot of time off the track and on their lids but they were fast. if the drivers can get a handle on them it'll be a cool class.
not sure if i'll make it up wednesday night or friday as my work schedule is killing me, but will be there next sunday ,weather permitting, for sure.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #88
Tech Addict

Cool

Sorry I missed Friday, was feeling way under the weather. Cannot make it Friday night. I will definitely be there Sunday with my SC10, stock Slash and Stadium truck. Looking forward to some good racing. See You There!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sorry I missed Friday, was feeling way under the weather. Cannot make it Friday night. I will definitely be there Sunday with my SC10, stock Slash and Stadium truck. Looking forward to some good racing. See You There!!!

If you don't build the T4 soon I am gonna start using it for parts!

Oh and don't trust your eye to do toe and camber.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
If you don't build the T4 soon I am gonna start using it for parts!

Oh and don't trust your eye to do toe and camber.
Does he have one of those [email protected] eyes?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote