R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

FINALLY!!!!

Got the truck in the paddock.

I have an RTR SC10 and will be running it this Sunday! Truck looks great! Will be lots of fun!

Ed will be joining us and I think another guy I race on road with, Walt will be there.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

this sunday should be crowded. all the Berries are jonesing to race , had a new driver this past sunday who will definately be back this week, and rich sold 2 more slashes. we need more real racers though, 2WD buggy, stadium truck, 4WD buggy to fill out those classes.
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

maybe I'll come out of retirement with my T3 and 4wd buggy.
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey guys, anybody interested in racing saturday, RCHR is hosting a trophy race doors open at 8am, racing at 11am. THey will have all the classes including sportsman, SCT ROAR(allowing titan and Reedy), 2wd mod, 4wd mod, Truck Mod. Hope to see some of you guys there.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #65
Tech Champion

Here is the link for the flyer
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...gchallenge.pdf
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

do you know if the drivers stand is wheelchair friendly?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #67
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
do you know if the drivers stand is wheelchair friendly?
unfortunatley, the driver stand is not wheelchair friendly at RCHR. But you can probably drive from the other side of the track.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Great news!!! COOR racing on Friday nights!

I'll be there this Friday with my rocket SC10!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Have fun

Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #70
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Great news!!! COOR racing on Friday nights!

I'll be there this Friday with my rocket SC10!
more info on this???
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead68 View Post
more info on this???

I think we are geeting started around 7pm. We were sitting around Sunday morning, someone suggested racing during the week, we talked about Friday's, Rich made it happen. Give him a call at the shop. I am not sure about the other classes on Friday but we are running at least Short Course Trucks, I guess the others if racers show up.

See you Friday?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

are there even lights out there?...i've been racing there for 9 yrs and can't remeber seeing any lights other than the single lights over the back doors of the building...and rich can only control one of those. as far as that sc10 goes...eric and i are going to revisit whether or not they should be run in the spec slash class...getting some complaints about them already from other drivers and they've only been run 1 or 2 times together. as far as roar rules go...we're not a roar sanctioned track nor do we enforce their rules. i believe the gearing issue was resolved first time out...but they just plain outhandle the slash too much to be considered an equal match in a spec class. hope that doesn't upset anyone....just trying to keep the majority happy.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #73
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
are there even lights out there?...i've been racing there for 9 yrs and can't remeber seeing any lights other than the single lights over the back doors of the building...and rich can only control one of those. as far as that sc10 goes...eric and i are going to revisit whether or not they should be run in the spec slash class...getting some complaints about them already from other drivers and they've only been run 1 or 2 times together. as far as roar rules go...we're not a roar sanctioned track nor do we enforce their rules. i believe the gearing issue was resolved first time out...but they just plain outhandle the slash too much to be considered an equal match in a spec class. hope that doesn't upset anyone....just trying to keep the majority happy.
oh well see you later.......

Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

maybe i'm saying too much on this subject, but this sc10/slash issue really bugs me to be honest. the slash spec class was started to race out of the box slash's with very little modification. if the sc10 had the exact same handling charachteristics and same limit on shock position, camber link position and length, same length control arms, weighed the same, and had the same center of gravity as the slash, then it would be an equal match...but it doesn't ....so it isn't. tamiya doesn't allow 415's to be run with tt01's in their spec series...and the differences are about equal as what i'm discussing with our slash class. it seems to me that the people running to buy the sc10, while using brand loyalty as an excuse, are seeking an unfair advantage. i feel that if you wanted to race a T4, you should have bought one and raced it in stadium truck class, but of course, all the other trucks have similar designs and suspension geometry, and the same if not more adjustability, so no advantage in that, probably would buy a losi to race in that class....unless Xray releases one.. this is just my opinion on the subject, but, from what i've seen of the sc10 running with the slashes, it only strengthened my opinion that the 2 are not equals.
Bill Luongo
Assistant Track Director- Rampage Hobbies
Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
maybe i'm saying too much on this subject, but this sc10/slash issue really bugs me to be honest. the slash spec class was started to race out of the box slash's with very little modification. if the sc10 had the exact same handling charachteristics and same limit on shock position, camber link position and length, same length control arms, weighed the same, and had the same center of gravity as the slash, then it would be an equal match...but it doesn't ....so it isn't. tamiya doesn't allow 415's to be run with tt01's in their spec series...and the differences are about equal as what i'm discussing with our slash class. it seems to me that the people running to buy the sc10, while using brand loyalty as an excuse, are seeking an unfair advantage. i feel that if you wanted to race a T4, you should have bought one and raced it in stadium truck class, but of course, all the other trucks have similar designs and suspension geometry, and the same if not more adjustability, so no advantage in that, probably would buy a losi to race in that class....unless Xray releases one.. this is just my opinion on the subject, but, from what i've seen of the sc10 running with the slashes, it only strengthened my opinion that the 2 are not equals.
Bill Luongo
Assistant Track Director- Rampage Hobbies
See you Friday!

Last edited by raffaelli; 05-19-2009 at 06:00 AM.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote