NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I plan I bringing my electric losi 4wd buggy up to race on Sunday. I am still working the bugs out with the remote and receiver since it is brand new but I have my fingers crossed.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Well johnny, we missed you today..wish you would have made it, we had a good turn out for the first day i think. 12 slashes...seperated into 2 heats and 2 mains...3 4WD buggies...and sadly only 2 2WD's...but we have the promise of more 2WD's for next week ( some of the slash guys have buggies they're gonna blow the dust off...and some are thinking about buying new ones). The racing was fun and very close. only one 4WD survived all the rounds, which was a slight bummer, but with more coming in the following weeks we should get all the racing in in that class( can't run a 1 car main)
minor computer glitches slowed the day, but still finished at a reasonable time at 3:30, that shouldn't be an issue in the future as the driver database and all the classes are set up now. expecting the same turn out or better for next week, weather permitting. new pics and video should be up on the rampage website some time this week.
As always, any questions either post here, pm me, or call Rich at the shop, (845)229-1379

last note,
After racing was over, we ran a winner take all $1.00 a head shoot out with all the slashes on the track at once, and it was a blast. probably going to try to run it every week.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Rut-row......
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

it'll be fast until the chassis snaps
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
it'll be fast until the chassis snaps
Can't wait to start trying to snap mine!

Had agreat time on Sunday, will be there this weekend. I am going to try and borrow a stadium truck.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

cool, mine is ready to go finally and rich is dying to run his. i have a 13.5 brushless in mine, rich is going to try a 12T brushed motor, i really think that's not only too much for the track, but i doubt he'll handle that speed very well.
Seriously though, there's a problem with that chassis i think, saw a few pics of them snapped right behind the front bulkhead, in front of the servo mount.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Can't wait to start trying to snap mine!

Had agreat time on Sunday, will be there this weekend. I am going to try and borrow a stadium truck.

I am coming up tommorrow....
Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Also do I need table, chairs, power, tent? Sorry it will be my first visit..
Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Another great day of racing at Rampage! Track is getting better and better! ....now if I can just get a truck of my own...

Raul, good racing with you again even if you are slow.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

it was a great day of racing again sunday. it was really nice racing with Raul in 4wd buggy...damn that Kyosho is fast in his hands. It was nice that he brought his daughters to race in the Slash class too.
We have a Brand new racer to welcome, Benjamin T. Berry, born on Sunday to Brian & Rachel Berry. Good luck and good health to you all.

a side note to this thread, we are still racing 1/18th scale on wednesday nights indoor, oval.we're going to keep it going as long as people keep showing, and the carpet track will serve as an alternate to the dirt on rainy weekends.

I'm picking up some calcium chloride this week and Eric is trying to pick up a couple of yards of fresh dirt from his job to groom the track a little more this coming saturday. also, we're hoping to remove a few trees from around the track, and get the place cleaned up now that the track is in pretty good shape.

Hope to see more new faces this weekend, and thanks to Chris Raffelli for bringing new racers to the track. Hope your SC10 comes this week Chris.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Bill, it was fun to race with you. You got those Acadamey car running good. The truck is super quiet. I think Rampage is on the right track for a nice offroad program. Dont be fooled, a nice track and facility will attract racers from all areas, and ages. It was to meet everyone, and thanks for being uber cool to the kiddies.. thats a PLUS. Unfortunately, the Lazer SP is gone, it is being replaced by a FT SC10. I am after Chris... But I will have my SC10 before he does..
Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

I am going to shoot over Wednesday evening to take care of those trees.

More dirt soundslike a good idea.

Raul, at least you will have a few weeks practice with the truck before I get to start to build mine, you will need it. For some reason my truck is on a 2 week backorder. Ed will be racing is SC10 this weekend at Rampage. I will be in Atlantic City, then Mothers Day. Next race day for me is the 17th.

Bill, I enjoy that track so I let people know. A good track leads to good word of mouth which is the best way to keep things going!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

I am going to shoot over Wednesday evening to take care of those trees.

More dirt soundslike a good idea.

Raul, at least you will have a few weeks practice with the truck before I get to start to build mine, you will need it. For some reason my truck is on a 2 week backorder. Ed will be racing is SC10 this weekend at Rampage. I will be in Atlantic City, then Mothers Day. Next race day for me is the 17th.

Bill, I enjoy that track so I let people know. A good track leads to good word of mouth which is the best way to keep things going!

Chris, I will make sure I have reverse programmed in my speedo, for the "fish out of water"....
Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Chris, I will make sure I have reverse programmed in my speedo, for the "fish out of water"....

LOL....that was funny! Every time I passed you while you were stuck on the pipe your truck looked just like a Sunny flopping around on the dock!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

LOL....that was funny! Every time I passed you while you were stuck on the pipe your truck looked just like a Sunny flopping around on the dock!
And Ill make sure not to have Alyssa marshalling either, cost me another two laps...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.