Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

you quoted my post that said there wouldn't be any racing...why do you seem surprised there wasn't ?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
you quoted my post that said there wouldn't be any racing...why do you seem surprised there wasn't ?
Because I was surprised.

Your previous posts lead me to believe there was racing. No harm though, had a fun time anyway. I am leaning toward the SC10 instead of the Slash. I will get with Rich Saturday during track clean up to get squared on the rules.

What are you gonna race?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

you should check with rich about the rules...not real sure if the SC10 is going to run with the slashes in slash spec class ...also not sure just how much of a mod class there is going to be(so far only 2 guys talking about it). I'll be running slash spec, 4 wd buggy, 2 wd buggy, 2wd stadium truck. to be honest....all the other classes besides slash spec seem like they'll be hit or miss depending on who shows...hoping they'll develop over the season as more people see them run....lot of new guys in the slash class.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

you should check with rich about the rules...not real sure if the SC10 is going to run with the slashes in slash spec class ...also not sure just how much of a mod class there is going to be(so far only 2 guys talking about it). I'll be running slash spec, 4 wd buggy, 2 wd buggy, 2wd stadium truck. to be honest....all the other classes besides slash spec seem like they'll be hit or miss depending on who shows...hoping they'll develop over the season as more people see them run....lot of new guys in the slash class.

When I spoke to Eric and Rich last week they thought that there would be several SC10 and would be in the spec class provided we find a similar gearing.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I am ordering a sc10 and hope to race it with the slashes. I may use a 27t motor.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigb11
I am ordering a sc10 and hope to race it with the slashes. I may use a 27t motor.

I dont know what the Trinity Spec motor is that they are using as an alternate to the Traxxas motor. Is it 27t?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

What is the address for Rampage in Hyde Park? And is it a full size Hobby Shop? I had know idea we could race in the Hudson Valley. I have never driven on a track before I cannot wait to try this out next weekend.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnyr135
What is the address for Rampage in Hyde Park? And is it a full size Hobby Shop? I had know idea we could race in the Hudson Valley. I have never driven on a track before I cannot wait to try this out next weekend.

http://www.rampagerc.com/
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks I am going to bring my car down on Sunday I have never run it before it should be fun.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Give Rich a call. Weather has not been on their side, not sure if the track has been prepped for the summer yet.

See you Sunday!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

the spec motor is the original motor from the trinity t-spec tourer...it's available seperately...Rich stocks them. it's a 21 turn brushed motor.
if the weather holds we should be racing some time this sunday....hopefully Eric gets his butt down there on saturday for a little maintenance...if not...we'll have to do it in the morning before we can race. Rich and I are going to be there at 9:00 am to get started on the track...right now I think running is more important than anything...so we'll just clean up the puddles if they're still there and fill the roughest spots for now. truthfully, it doesn't pay to do any major work because in the very near future the landlords contractor should be changing everything back there.
Hope to see some people on sunday, even if it rains saturday we're going to try to get some running in.
the hobby store is a full size hobby store, with an 1/18th scale indoor carpet track and an outdoor dirt offroad track behind the building, check out the website for pics, directions, contact info
Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

the spec motor is the original motor from the trinity t-spec tourer...it's available seperately...Rich stocks them. it's a 21 turn brushed motor.
if the weather holds we should be racing some time this sunday....hopefully Eric gets his butt down there on saturday for a little maintenance...if not...we'll have to do it in the morning before we can race. Rich and I are going to be there at 9:00 am to get started on the track...right now I think running is more important than anything...so we'll just clean up the puddles if they're still there and fill the roughest spots for now. truthfully, it doesn't pay to do any major work because in the very near future the landlords contractor should be changing everything back there.
Hope to see some people on sunday, even if it rains saturday we're going to try to get some running in.
the hobby store is a full size hobby store, with an 1/18th scale indoor carpet track and an outdoor dirt offroad track behind the building, check out the website for pics, directions, contact info
I had planned on being at the track last Saturday to help clean up, but weather had us back. This Saturday I cannot be there. A friend, Ed, and I will be there Sunday morning rain or shine. Hopefully early enough to help out with the track.

I have not raced on the dirt in 11 years and am looking forward to it!

Weather looks great for both days!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Okay.so it looks like this sunday is definitely a go for racing. Looked at the track last night and it looks like it can handle some rain and still be usable sunday, hopefully, the rain predicted for saturday night is light and doesn't delay until sunday.
As far as the racing sunday, the shop will open at 9:00 am, i suggest a call to the shop to find out conditions...(845)229-1379
racing should begin by 11:00 am
so far, the only definite class is spec slash...but I'm bringing all my cars- 4wd buggy, 2wd buggy, 2wd stadium truck, and my slash. if one other of any of these cars shows up, we'll set up a heat.
not trying to dissapoint anyone, but this track is ELECTRIC ONLY- NO NITRO.
we have a "sensitive" neighbor with the town police on speed dial...if he hears anything before 3:00 in the afternoon he'll complain..so to avoid problems with the town, we don't run nitro, sorry.
as far as working on the track saturday, there's no definite plans, and the person who said they were going to be there on saturday didn't show up for racing last night and is not returning phone calls right now, so it seems like we'll have to do what we can between 9:00 and 11:00 on sunday morning and make the best of it for now. the track isn't in that bad shape, so we should be fine.
as of last night, there are 6 or 7 definite racers for the slash class. hopefully a few more show as there are over 25 slashs sold out of the store this past winter.
See you sunday,
Bill
Old 04-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

As far as the SC10's in the slash class, we're going to give it a shot, but my personal opinion is it creates a tech night mare. I'm of the opinion that there is a huge difference between the 2 cars and it would be like trying to race a stampede against a T4...but we'll see. as for the possible tech problems, an associated ball diff outdrives will proabaly look identical to the gear diff, finding the right associated springs to match the slash, the gearing is easy enough to figure out, but I feel they are 2 completely different cars with similar bodies, just look at the length of the arms, slash, short little arms, sc10, long stadium truck arms, the geometry is completely different. and every review i've heard, the sc10 outhandles the slash by a ton. The bad handling is part of the fun of the class and is the great equalizer.
Maybe it's just me, but i hope this doesn't ruin the class we're hoping rebuilds the outdoor racing season.
So far, no one has bought, or showed up with an SC10, so if one shows up we'll try it.. but I still think they're 2 completely different cars no matter what ROAR says, they don't match up for a true "spec" class, as a True "spec" class is all identical chassis, drive trains, and bodies...not just the same body. Tamiya wouldn't allow a 415 in the same class as a TT01 and say it's a spec class.
Just my opinion,
Bill
Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

I hear you about the spec nature. That is really what I am interested in. I think it will be hard to match the SC10 to the Slash. I have been waiting to buy a truck until things materialize. I don’t want to be the guy getting the first SC10 only to find out I can't race it in the Slash class.

It looks like my track day at Limerock will be washed out on Tuesday so I may have a bit more free time Saturday to rake the track up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.