R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:24 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

sorry i killed the thread guys! I have no idea why i am the last poster lol! There has to be some interest! We NEED racers! Myself and Marvet ar in the process of looking for a building to put a 1/10th track in.
Trever007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:36 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

i think you're over estimating the amount of 1/10 scale interest there is in our area...it would take more than a location...this isn't one of those " build it and they will come " things....and remember that in the last year 4 successful indoor tracks in our region have closed down...it would take a great location on a hightraffic road with lots of promotion to attract the intial activity..and then you'd have to hang on to the racers. the economy is not right for it right now...down size boys....the slot car track is down...Rich is picking up the pipe this week...we may have a layout by the weekend.

and if you absolutely have to have carbon fiber/aluminum everything....check out exotek for the 18r....check out " thetoyz.com" for all the bling you'll need.

these cars will be fast in that small area...and it will make you a better driver as well. and don't think that "box stock" is the only class we'll be running, my exotek chassis conversion is on the way and i'm looking for a sidewinder pro online right now...already have the lipos.
small size, cheap price, less crap to haul to the track, and the track is 15 minutes from my house ???...sign me up for both race nights
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

as far as the dirt track is concerned...we got a load of dirt this week..will be able to repair all the jumps and one problem turn with what we received.
last weekend was flooded out. hoping for good weather this coming weekend.
should be 5 slashes this coming weekend if the weather is good.

fun run tonight for nascar and sliders in the D.C.C.C. parking lot @ around 5:30

P.S. i don't think you killed the thread trevor...just that the interest was in the dirt track and the 1/18th track...the 1/10 scale is what slowed it down...off topic

maybe you should start a thread for interest in a 1/10 scale track in our area and see what response you get...we'll be running little cars while you're working on that
Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Rampage Hobbies and Raceway now has a web site up...there's info about the race schedule and classes, info about the store....pics coming in the next week or so as we finish up the carpet track.
Take a look
http://www.rampagerc.com/
Old 09-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

the layout for the 1/18th scale indoor carpet track is finalized and the supplies are purchased. we will begin constructing the barriers this coming friday night. we will be running in the dirt this coming sunday, and also running @ D.C.C.C. parking lot wednesday night . we'll probably start the indoor racing in 2 to 3 weeks, depending on how much longer the dirt racing continues. i should have a confirmed date by the end of the week. lastly, if we generate a decent amount of regular racers, we've found an outlet for ozite carpeting, and rich has said that he would make that investment possibly as early as this season. thanks for looking and check the track website for pictures and actual start of indoor racing
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #21
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Message board on rampage site

There is now a message board/guest book available on http://www.rampagerc.com

Feel free to use that forum to ask questions or post suggestions.
bberry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

the weather was perfect yesterday. racing was great also. we had 5 slashes running, also ran 4wd buggy and 2wd stadium truck. don't know how much longer we'll be running outside, but as long as the weather cooperates we'll keep doing it. construction on the 1/18th scale indoor track continues this week, i'll be doing some work during the day on tuesday and hopefully finishing up on friday night starting at 6:30 til we're done. there's a good possibility we might be testing on saturday night. feel free to stop by and take a look...call first if you want to bring a car...not positive we'll be that far along...but you never know. hopefully, rules for the classes will be posted by this weekend along with some pictures, i'll probably start a new thread for the indoor track if we're that far along
lastly, there will not be parking lot racing this wednesday night as a group of the racers are heading out to middletown to watch the real thing ...world of outlaws racing @ orange county speedway
Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great! Glad to see this is happening. I would prefer 1/10th but we got what we got!

F1? You mean F103? If so, and they actually fit on the track, I am down. Maybe Mini Cooper also.

This is great news for Rampage!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Sorry I've been away so long, busy building the indoor track and building up my 18R stocker and Exotek 18R.
As far as dirt racing goes, we will be running outside this coming Sunday, Slash is the big class, possibility of 8 this week. I'll be running 4WD buggy and 1/10 stadium truck, hopefully a few others show up.

On to the indoor track, it is completed and we will be running oval this coming friday night. So far, 2 classes will be run, stock 18R and 1/10th scale nascar. we're expecting to have to lower the gearing for nascar from the parking lot, from a 25 tooth pinion to a 17 tooth (72 tooth spur, TC3,TC4)
Racing will start by 7:30 pm
We will be racing road course on Saturday night, so far...only stock 18R, but if 2 of anything else show up, we will make a heat.
Going to be starting a new thread for the indoor track, I'll post a link here as soon as it's up, probably thursday AM, going to take pics tomorrow night of both layouts. I will have the spec class rules posted there as well, as well as on the rampage website. Any interest would be appreciated, show up Friday night even if it's just to watch.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Okay, we will be running a full season of outdoor electric offroad for 2009.
We are currently grooming the existing track to get it ready to start the season, but some time in the near future we will be getting a completly new track due to maintenance work being done by the landlord. The time frame for this work is not set yet, but the contractor handling the work doe not think we will miss a week of racing due to him. the new track will be all new dirt, and we are designing it to be slash/4WD buggy freindly, mostly rolling style jumps and a little technical...hoepfully it'll have something for everyone.

Keep checking here for updates or call the store (845)229-1379

I'll try to get some pics up soon
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

So far it looks like Slash will be the big class with aprroximately 20 entries.

Other classes scheduled to race are as follows:

2 wheel drive buggy stock / 17.5 BL

2 wheel drive stadium truck open

4wheel drive buggy open

race fee is $15.00

lap counting by AMB with Laps for Free automated software

hand out transpnders are very limited so a personal would be best, the hobby store usually has a few PTX transpnders in stock for sale at a reasonable price, call Rich for details (845)229-1379, Rampage Hobbies
Old 04-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #27
Tech Adept

what is the motor rule for slash??trinity 21t?or traxxas mtr? when are
you gonna start?
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #28
Tech Elite

I think I am down for some Slash racing! I will check it out this Sunday.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

call Rich at the store for the complete rules breakdown on the slash...pretty sure the motor limit is either the stock titan or a Trinity 20 turn spec motor (brushed)

Doubt any racing will be going on this weekend because of the weather this past week.....track will still be very wet
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
call Rich at the store for the complete rules breakdown on the slash...pretty sure the motor limit is either the stock titan or a Trinity 20 turn spec motor (brushed)

Doubt any racing will be going on this weekend because of the weather this past week.....track will still be very wet

So I borrowed a Slash, got up after a long night.....and NO racing!!!!! Racing was never scheduled for this past Sunday! Opening day is 4-19!!!!!

But I did cruise the truck around for a few packs. Seems like lots of fun. I have not played in the dirt in 10 years! I will be there on 4-19 for racing!