R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to kewlman
Default Parking Lot Racing. Kingston/Saugerties New York

I have been into R/C for over 10 years, stopped for alittle while in between (3 children, moving, etc) and am now getting back into it.. I currently live in Saugerties, NY and it is like a DEAD ZONE. I am interested in starting up some parking lot racing, something for people to do in the area.. Since i can't afford to open a hobby shop and track of my own this seems to be a good start.

i've talked with ALOT of people in the immediate area about this idea and all of them praised the idea. I already have connections to bring in low-cost r/c models so people can start into this hobby cheaply which was one of the biggest concerns from the people i've talked to.. So.. now how do i get things going? There are plenty of parking lots in this area that are ALWAYS empty, several schools as well that we could meet up and start some racing..

As far as the track.. i need to use a track border that is not permanent and can be assembled and disassembled easily. I was thinking of using cones (small plastic circle cones) to map out the track. Any ideas?

Not sure how many people from my area are in this forum but i would like to get some feedback from people here. And if anyone is in my area, maybe we can hookup and get the ball rolling... You can email me directly at [email protected]
kewlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hey Kewlman,
Bill from Poughkeepsie here. If you're into oval racing, a bunch of guys form Rampage Hobbies on Route 9G in hyde park are racing in the parking lot @ Dutchess Community college every wednesday night. they run a nascar class(TC3, TC4, nascar body, stock motor, rubber tires, all gearing equal ), and mini sliders. racing starts around 6:00 - 6:30 pm...ends whenever. place is well lit and a good bunch of guys. If you need more info you can call Rich, the owner of Rampage hobbies @ 845-229-1379. We raced in the dirt there today behind the hobby store...slashes , 4wd buggies, stadium truck. Rich mentioned he is thinking about running Associated 18R's inside the store this coming winter...should be a blast. In any event, check out the store...not far from you actually..if you go... tell him Bill luongo sent you from this forum.
also, if you get something going up in kingston and electric sedans or F1 is involved let me know...I'll be there
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to kewlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
Hey Kewlman,
Bill from Poughkeepsie here. If you're into oval racing, a bunch of guys form Rampage Hobbies on Route 9G in hyde park are racing in the parking lot @ Dutchess Community college every wednesday night. they run a nascar class(TC3, TC4, nascar body, stock motor, rubber tires, all gearing equal ), and mini sliders. racing starts around 6:00 - 6:30 pm...ends whenever. place is well lit and a good bunch of guys. If you need more info you can call Rich, the owner of Rampage hobbies @ 845-229-1379. We raced in the dirt there today behind the hobby store...slashes , 4wd buggies, stadium truck. Rich mentioned he is thinking about running Associated 18R's inside the store this coming winter...should be a blast. In any event, check out the store...not far from you actually..if you go... tell him Bill luongo sent you from this forum.
also, if you get something going up in kingston and electric sedans or F1 is involved let me know...I'll be there
Thanks for the information, Bill. I've heard of Rampage but have never taken the trip there to check things out. It's about 40minutes from me. I definetly want to get something going up this way.. i will let you know if anything becomes of it.

Matt
kewlman is offline   Reply With Quote