R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-23-2003, 06:12 PM   #31
Tech Master

both brooklyn hobbies and bruckner hobbies are indoor 1/10 scale i do not think nitro based on its indoors. and they are carpet.
mstng87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 03:49 PM   #32
Tech Master

HEY ALAN I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS POSSIBLY. EVAN MIGHT NOT BE COMING TO THE TRACK TO MUCH ANYMORE. THEY ARE REALLY CRACKING DOWN ON HIM FOR SMASHING INTO EVERYONE AND USING REVERSE DURING RACING. I SHOULD BE BACK FOR PRACTICE ON SUNDAY HOPEFULLY. NOT SURE IF YOUR OFF OR NOT.

I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL WITH WORK R/C AND YOUR SON.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to lilshortyc3

Wuts up.. I wuz also thinkin about goin to Willis on Sundays also after which they shut down the track this season on Fridays which really sucks...oh yeah and who said u couldn't run foams at Willis???everyone else there I know does..
lilshortyc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:07 PM   #34
Tech Master

hey chrisy i take it

where do you live on the island. i am from hicksville. i dont race onroad atleast not at the moment only offroad at liraceway. i havent really raced in a long time only in front of my house things like that. onroad i feel takes a lot of skill. its not forgiving like offroad. do you only race onroad or do you do a little of both. if you race offroad come down on a sat for practice i meet up with a couple of people always looking for more people to join us for a little racing. we arent serious on sat just racing and having fun.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #35
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

They finally got strict with him...

I may be off friday night this week, I have no clue, it's up in the air right now... Sunday's I still won't have off till the end of october...

If I get friday night, I may go race... Been a long time...

That does suck about Willis and Fridays... We could always go out to Coram...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:31 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Hey guys...right now I am only racing on road at Willis (well when they open up their track) but I am thinkin also bout going off road and maybe getting a B4. Who knows, maybe I will just get off on road and just go to off road at raceway. I;ve been to raceway a couple of times and I used their on road track last year and not a big fan of it...their track isn't really nice and all but I heard that they were goin to we do it. Well there is a slight chance I might go off road wit a B4 but it also looks fun...also it's Chris not chrisy. I wish had a more money so I can go off road and on road...I also know this guy I met online name Sean Doherty and barely talk to him...wut's ur name?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #37
Tech Master

my name is russ. sorry about that chris i was unsure based on your aim name. i hope your not getting a b4 just because its new. its an ok car i do prefer my xxx over it just takes a while to set up the xxx.

alan,
if you run on fri night you know it ends like 1 am or later. i have been to practice the past 2 fridays and left when racing started. its packed on fri for racing too that is why it ends so late. i am not sure what they did to the track its hard to get traction now very hard. i even put brand new tires on and still no luck. i am getting ready to give up soon if it keeps going like this.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #38
Tech Adept

I really rather get a AE buggy than a Losi because Losi doesn't seem like my type...and wut do you mean you are going to get out of it? Do you have a aim sn b/c it would be so much easier to talk on AIM.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #39
Tech Master

i am on aol as mstng87gt. if you get a b4 get ti turnbuckles and aluminum front brace.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Hey Chris...

I still don't know what's going on with work... I need to give a day for a day, I have a class to attend in Brooklyn on the next few mondays and wednesdays and I currently have wednesday's off... I'll know more by tomorrow night...

I figured I'd be there till late... If I go I'm probably just going to race stock truck... Though, i need to cut the comm and put new brushes on every stock motor I own...

I'm more looking forward to racing on-road this year than off-road...

You can't go wrong with either the AE or Losi... I'm more of the AE fan though... But no one else is still running a 10T either...

Chris, where are you from and how old???

Last edited by vtl1180ny; 12-18-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:27 PM   #41
Tech Master

they only have mod truck at this time although rob said he is trying to get a 19 spec truck class going. the mod trucks are running fast well insanely fast. its a tough class.

i will be going this sat hopefully neil will be there and we can make arrangements to go to willis or somewhere and i will try onroad. i dont have a problem with it and chris is looking to get one to.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Well, I did cut the comm and put new brushes on my 14 double... Still haven't put it back in the truck... Damn thing locked up last time I was there...

I work 5 on 2 off, 5 on 3 off so my days off rotate 1 day forward every 2 weeks... I work 35 minutes a day for comp time... so I work 8:35 a day... I'm not going to have a sunday off till the end of october... Unless something else happens...
Old 09-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Sup I;m back...I live at North Bellmore and I am 14 in 10th grade. If you guys ever heard bout Mepham...well that's where I go. I hope to see you guys at Willis, they are probably going to be PACKED the first day but I hope I can make it. I have a slight chance I am goin to get a buggy unless something changes. Aite, I'm out later!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #44
Tech Master

alan
wow now i see why you said i dont want to work there lol. that kind of sucks you never know when you might have off to schedule a vac or something since they change things.

chris
do you know when willis opens back up. what kind of onroad do you have. i have both a hpi pro 2 and a pro 3 but not set up for racing i need to change the set up to race. but if practice is on a sat i dont know lol racing onroad or offroad is a tough decision.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #45
Tech Elite

I need everything to calm down right now...

On Road is definitely winning in my mind this year, I've always raced off road but it just doesn't seem as fun anymore...

I need to get a few more tidbits for the Yok, especially since no one carries them around here... If I break something I'm going to kind of need to have it onhand... Good thing is, except for the C-hubs, parts are all the same on all 4 corners...