Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-14-2003, 08:02 AM   #16
Tech Master

i meant to say he wasnt out there when evan was driving
mstng87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:43 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Don't worry, I got what you meant... I'd have loved to have punted Evan myself... He was trying to teach Travis how to drive, Daddy is doing a fine job... Been doing it before he was born...

Unfortunately, I had to bring him home to his mother tonight...

I cut the comm on my motor, the brushes were gone, I should get a few more weeks out of the armature, it's down about .280 now... I have to get some bulk brushes, I can't see spending what they want for brushes every week...

I haven't seriously raced in years, I guess I'd be running novice again for a while if I did... I'm still awaiting Willis's track to open...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:01 PM   #18
Tech Master

hey alan

travis is with you on weekends or once or twice a month. the more he drives on the track the better he will get at this track and once he is used to it and he gets a little taller lol he can try the drivers stand.

what are good #'s for the comm's to know if they are still good. neil was trying to explain it to me because i have no clue. where do you buy bulk brushes from and what do they run, and what company. i might be in on it if you buy them. i fully agree paying 3.50 for brushes is alot and i have about 15 motors to take care of. i will be looking for a lathe soon once i pay off the cc from the b4 and the 4 motors i bought. i will talk to you before then but incase i forget to mention it talk to casey "teenager i think but really good driver" about the t4 and what works on that track with it as in tires and such. not saying you dont know but someone that drives there all the time will be of great hel
Old 09-14-2003, 05:03 PM   #19
Tech Master

i did forget neil and i were talking about onroad and chris might buy one too and go to willis fpr practice soon. if you want to join us the only this is its carpet.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:31 PM   #20
Tech Elite

I'm searching out getting bulk brushes currently... I have one set left to replace the ones I burnt up...

My days are all askew right now... I should have him every sunday and every other saturday to monday, if you understand that... I get a minimum of 1 day a week right now... I had weekends off as of when I left work for vacation, but that can change...

He is getting real good... I was thinking of getting us micro's and making our own basement carpet track... I saw a 1/18th Losi XXX-T also... Nassau doesn't give you lots of yard space...

Neil was telling me I can't run foams at willis... I have like 10 sets!!!

You can cut a comm down to .250 before it's garbage and I have lots of those I need a brush cuttet/slotter/serater, I have a comm lathe already...
Old 09-14-2003, 07:16 PM   #21
Tech Master

neil told me you can run foams at willis and only foams. unless that is what you meant.

as for the micros they are cool and with some money and work they can be very fast. the mini xxxt i dont know about until i saw it. it looks like it can handle most anything though.

what did you or do you do for a living i know you said you might not be going back to work.

i rent so i dont even have any yard but i understand what you mean i used to go to baseball diamonds to drive but now with my 2 clods and an emaxx i need a construction site and again in nassau we dont have any accessible.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:55 PM   #22
Tech Elite

neil of off his rocker... He was telling me to run sorex 32r rubbers... Oh well, I'll have enough tires to last a bit... I need to get new springs and heaver weight shock oil...

You really want to know what I do??? Hehehehe...

About not returning to work... I was in a car accident 3 years ago and got real screwed up, my disability papers are in, just waiting for a decision...

I e-mailed neil, hes supposed to send me a site he gets his tires from...
Old 09-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #23
Tech Master

neil had said for running outside to run rubber but on carpet he said it rips it up and makes it flat.

lol yeah i wanted to know what you did.

i take it he does a bulk buy of onroad tires .
Old 09-15-2003, 06:54 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Currently... I work for the City of NY and I answer phone's, play on my laptop and watch TV...

I was a Radar Operator till I got hurt... Sat on the side of the road...

Hehehehe....

I have a good selection of tires from 24mm to 30mm in foam and rubber now...
Old 09-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #25
Tech Master

hmmm can you get me a job.

yeah i only have the i think proline street tires they have great traction but i dont know if they are good enough for racing. neil said if i go with him to willis he would give me a set of foams to try.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:05 PM   #26
Tech Elite

You don't really want to work for the city...

I'm not sure what's going to happen with sunday racing for me yet... Currently my days off rotate... When I left for vacation I was supposed to be getting steady weekends off, now I'm being told I'm still rotating... Who knows??? I actually want sunday-monday off... I have to see, I'm supposedly working 2-1030 PM now, maybe I can come in late on sundays I have to work...

I've got a bunch of Orion foams, I have to true them all down... They are very cupped, the edges are like 1mm larger than the center... Check ebay for tires, I got a few good deals off there...
Old 09-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #27
Tech Master

hey alan

i wont be at the track tomorrow do you think you can make it down on sunday for racing or are you working. let me know and if you speak to neil or you have his email addr can you send it to me so i can find out if he can go. if all of us go we can run in a novice class otherwise i am running 19 spec.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:02 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Things change at my job real quick... I was suppose to have weekends off last I saw you, I don't anymore... Still working rotating days but working on getting sunday/mondays off... So, this sucks... Not only can I not race most friday nights (unless it happens to be my day off, I'm going to have very few sunday's also...

Shoot me now...
Old 09-23-2003, 03:34 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by mstng87gt
yeah i checked rc caraction and they have an indoor onroad track. so i hope that helped.
indoor nitro? 1/10 or 18? Im here in yonkers and want to know too where are u guys racing ur cars. thnx
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #30
Tech Elite

We're racing on LI... Offroad in Farmingdale, Onroad in Mineola and Coram...