Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Openening Carpet Track Around Middletown NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Openening Carpet Track Around Middletown NY

I need to know if there is anyone that would be intrested in raceing carpet Oval and Road course. I am thinking about doing this if there is a market for it. I dont know if it would compete will Marshalls because they are a great facility but im sure there are ppl around here that would like to race closer to home. If there is anyone that knows of a building or a center that we could run them at E-mail me. And also if anyone is intrested in getting involved with this let me know. I want to have the track the same size as Marshalls and with at least a small hobby shop in it. So lets get something going here and have some great racing. So let me know and drop me a msg
Old 09-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

do you have the money to invest in this korn ?
i'll let you know now that i'd travel to middletown every so often ...couldn't be there every week though with the cost of gas.
Bill
Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes i have some money to invest but the biggest thing is trying to find a place to have it at thats not really expensive. I wouldnt be looking to make any money on it but i dont want to lose money on it either. Dirt Runners in NJ races carpet every other weekend in a community center at a church. They roll out the carpet and race and then roll it back up when they are done. Be a good thing if a place like that could be found also
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Korn kid sent PM
Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

hard to find a place like that...tried everything here in poughkeepsie..church's, schools,begged and pleaded to some local politicians...they all want the same thing...a liability insurance policy specifically covering the owners and property ...and they ask for some big policies...one church said it would have to cover them up to 5 million dollars...and we only wanted to run 1/10 electric. no one would accept the roar blanket coverage that comes with membership.had a big shot real estate broker who owned some big buildings, his kid was racing with us..told us he'd find us a place ...just had to speak to his attorney...then the same silly request...huge insurance to cover him.
lmk if you get something going...i'll make the trip