Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season >

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great summer. As I start to plan this winters season, the largest obstacle to overcome is the short course rules. My plan was to figure these out the first race of the season and vote on them and go with majority rules, which I still may do but I have been getting so many emails and pm's about what I should do and what I shouldn't do. It is hard to make everyone happy so I am hoping we can work through some of these together on here and see where everyone's thoughts are.
The largest thing I want to ensure is that everyone has fun this indoor season.
I have a some cool stuff planned this year, some new stuff, including jumps and track stuff, some special races and some top secret stuff. Here is something I put together to get this conversation started that should get a laugh from most of you, which is just in fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s89sBadTbvo

Please let me know what your thoughts are.
Thanks
Chris
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That's funny! But on a serious note about the upcoming season and a big concern for me: will there be breakfast sandwiches on the 17th?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by function>form
That's funny! But on a serious note about the upcoming season and a big concern for me: will there be breakfast sandwiches on the 17th?
That's awesome - I have no doubt you are in it for the fun of it, I think maybe it's time to see your son wheel a race
Old 09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Absolutely the funniest thing I've seen. Good job. Can't wait for the indoor season to start. I even went out an obtained a ultima sc just for bumps. Hopefully you will still have the spec class. I spend enough on the truggy, don't want to start throwing money into this too. UPS man just delievered the new body....cant be runnin a stock paint job now can we...lol
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Wow someone else agrees . I am running the roar regionals this weekend and the stock sct class is not stock at all the trucks have aluminum shocks ball diffs, tekins, brushless 17.5 cranked out, aftermarket m-4 compuond tires i was blown away that was the stock class. Mandy's truck was box stock and she was blown away by 6 laps on a 30 second track, i was running mod and the stock trucks were only a lap down, now if they were true stock trucks they would have been a few laps down , ohh and the best part is there all running the new HPI white chassis in stock as well. WTF happened to box stock and wheeling it .
Just have box stock class pro and begginer and have a mod open class for the fast guys.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I see ya J dog
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
That's awesome - I have no doubt you are in it for the fun of it, I think maybe it's time to see your son wheel a race
Funny you mention that, he had his first race with his slash at pit stop last week, mid way through his 2nd round he puts his controller down and says "I gotta go to the potty" and starts walking off the drivers stand. Was hilarious. he thinks he wins every time he runs. It could be practice and he still won. Lol
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by function>form
Funny you mention that, he had his first race with his slash at pit stop last week, mid way through his 2nd round he puts his controller down and says "I gotta go to the potty" and starts walking off the drivers stand. Was hilarious. he thinks he wins every time he runs. It could be practice and he still won. Lol
Shouldn't you be workin...lol. and I can't wait to have a bumps burger too. lol
Old 09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cloud9graffix
Shouldn't you be workin...lol. and I can't wait to have a bumps burger too. lol
Lol im working. I'm uhh networking Haha
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think Chris wants to keep this at 2 classes and have it be fun. Now with the brushless sc10 out is that still stock? Afterall it is rtr, and Traxxas having different tires on the newer slashes, that may or may not work as well as the old ones. Last year he offered a mod class and no one ever showed up to race it, I would like to see 3 classes as well, but will enough people enter a full mod class to make it worth all the headaches? As posted above roar rules has opened the "stock" class up so much that it might as well be mod. Now with strc coming out with the kit to turn the slash into a lcg chassis by using rustler parts, and hpi's white chassis kit, associated and the factory team kit with a ball diff, and j concepts tires in the box, what would these be considered? I am all for the stock classes, novice and pro. Out of the box stock motors, tires, electronics...etc.(except radios) Every brand had there own ups and downs and thats what made it fun, it was all driver. Reigle won using almost every sc truck out there because he can wheel a car not because his losi had an associated motor and traxxas tires. I say 2 stock classes(novice/pro) and a mod class where anything goes.( if enogh people show for it)
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Looking forward to running at B&J again...can't wait to hear what all is in store for this year! I am working on a new GT2 (hoping the usual Gas Truck crowd shows) and, depending on rules, would like to run my SC10 as well.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

chris, best thing is make your rules and let the racers show up. no needless debates on a thread that keeps people away. if the racers wanna race, they'll come race. short simple and no headaches for you.

R
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I havent raced in YEARS and picked up an sc10FT. Now the question is: Which motor to get so I have a class to run in. 17.5?

What tires would be a good starting point?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

genius chris.

R
Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Before I forget, are the tracks letting you run 17.5 open or do they have to be in blinky mode?
I say blinky mode, leave the laptops at home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.