Wiki Posts
Search

EMBASSYRACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mduncan31
Does anyone want to do some dirt oval racing b4 it gets cold this year? I would like to have some guys (and ladies) come over to my house to race on my track. it is not real fancy but it is fun, it's 86' long by 36' wide and roughly 9' wide lanes. The racing is pretty tight, but we have fun. I think I have enough pit space in my garage for about 5 or so people and we can set tables up anywhere. Would like to bbq some chicken and burgers. P.M. me if anyone is interested
I think they have the same thing going on at kevrocks on friday night now.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i was looking at the radar and the stretches all the way from the track to Nebraska it will take about 15-17 hours to get out of here depending if it shifts its track but from the look of i dont think it will
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

check the new website for race updates for tomorrow. as of 5:00pm today
we'll be racing tomorrow. Track is in great shape!

www.embassyrcraceway.com
Old 09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

sweet! ill be there me and mike D will be pitting under his tent
together it will only be him this time
Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

looks like we're rained out today! We must of got a couple of inches over night! check our site later today for rain date details.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

7AM in SB about 5 miles south of the track and it is raining HARD. My street is starting to flood Thanks for calling it so early. Guess it's back to bed Hope I can make the rain date
In the last 12 hours we got 6" of rain according to my rain gauge. It is still raining at 12:40pm and I've spent the whole morning vacuuming water out of my basement. I don't think the track will be dry for Monday's practice at this rate!

Last edited by bjr48; 09-13-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

we will be racing saturday sept 20th as our make up rain date. See ya then!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

will there be practice monday
Old 09-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by porkey
will there be practice monday
not sure yet. I'll assess the track tomorrow afternoon and post it here.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kings Kid
not sure yet. I'll assess the track tomorrow afternoon and post it here.
Monday sept 15th scheduled practice has been cancelled due to flooding. Racing on saturday as re scheduled!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

o well
Old 09-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kings Kid
Monday sept 15th scheduled practice has been cancelled due to flooding. Racing on saturday as re scheduled!
I'm not surprised. Just over 12" of rain total this weekend. And I'm still not done vacuuming becuase the water is still coming in. Bye-bye vacation day. Clay may make a good track but it is terrible soil for a house. I couldn't make practice anyway Hope things are looking up for everyone by Saturday!

I want to start figuring out tires and paying much more attention to that. What I've been using has been really decent in all conditions but I want to really get into it now to improve things becuase I know that they are the most important part of car setup. So for 1/8 scale what tires have been giving the most steering? I saw a thread here on RCtech about 1/8 guys using crimefighters in the front and bowties in the back to get good steering and good forward traction out of the rear and allow the rear end to have less sideways grip for the rear end to rotate around turns. I already have tires that have very good forward grip I'd like to leave in the rear and start experimenting with what you guys are using to get the best steering on our track up front. I'll bet my forward gripping tires are pushing around corners and I've mistaken the difference between steering traction and forward traction all summer.

Last edited by bjr48; 09-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Where did the new web site go?
I wanted to say how cool the rolling slide show was. Especially the way you can stop it and save a bigger copy of the picture for your very own. It didn't hurt that I/my car showed up in 3 of them either! At least I THINK that was my black and yellow streak shooting through the air Too fast to photograph huh?
If you need any help taking pictures I enjoy that. But I'm pretty sure that the camera I've got takes nice pictures but action shots would be impossible becuase it takes like 1.5sec for the shutter to respond! It looks like you get pretty busy sometimes running multiple cars, watering, etc. Want help on pics too just let me know.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bjr48
Where did the new web site go?
I wanted to say how cool the rolling slide show was. Especially the way you can stop it and save a bigger copy of the picture for your very own. It didn't hurt that I/my car showed up in 3 of them either! At least I THINK that was my black and yellow streak shooting through the air Too fast to photograph huh?
If you need any help taking pictures I enjoy that. But I'm pretty sure that the camera I've got takes nice pictures but action shots would be impossible becuase it takes like 1.5sec for the shutter to respond! It looks like you get pretty busy sometimes running multiple cars, watering, etc. Want help on pics too just let me know.
bjr,i'll definitely need some help taking pics.
As for the website, I made a bonehead move this morning while half awake. I've got it fixed now and have tested the link here to make sure. The track, which Andy and I took a close look at today is in pretty rough shape. It will probably be wednesday before it'll be dry enough to get on it with the tractor.
There's alot of sand washed and lifted through the clay. Step pins will definitely work the best this race. Brian if you need a set, I can loan you one.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

do u have any step pins for the truck that i can try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.