R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   PUBLIC off-road track in Boca Raton! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/233337-public-off-road-track-boca-raton.html)

palmtreeRCer 07-22-2008 06:40 AM

PUBLIC off-road track in Boca Raton!

there is a track in boca raton FL. that is 100% public and un-affiliated with any club, LHS, or person! it is on the small side but is where you can go to run, race, or bash.

Its frequently used on saturday and sunday but is open everyday the park that its inside is.

you can run all makes and models anytime, most people run 1/8 buggys/truggys (Mugen/Losi etc) and traxxas products (revos, rustlers)

the ppl there are friendly and helpful.

there is NO attached shop but there is a shop apprx 4 1/2 miles away in each direction (N/S) the shops are RC TOY STORE and RC BOCA HOBBIES, both are +A shops.

the track is located in South County Regional Park. off of 441 and cain blvd

we only ask that you take care of the track, and help maintain it when & if others ask

The track has bathroom facilities as well as a large pit bench and driver stand.

the track surface is primarily sand and clay, would not suggest going if heavy rains w/ lightning are coming as there is no overhead cover. TRACK PRONE TO FLOODING

loktw001 07-30-2008 11:40 PM

UPUP

UPUPUPUPUPUPUP!楓之谷外掛下?d仙境RO外掛完美世界外掛天堂外掛

jatodriver93 08-04-2008 10:21 PM

+1 on the track, its good but, there is no person to maintian it.

palmtreercer, you know the new wheelbarrel at the track? the one without a flat tire? i was the person that donated that!

i loved going to that track, but its so far away from me so i go to coral springs rc now. but i really want to go back and visit next weekend ;)

you know martin? nice revo w/ .18tz?

The Working Man 12-08-2008 04:57 AM

I went to this track last weekend and they went and put in a oval in one end and did a lot of work on the whole thing. Still has a good MX part. Kinda sandy so picking tires is rough. Best part? It's free!!! I need to bring good tools and work on the big jump on the back and dress the front a little but is a fun place to work on set-ups. See you on Sunday. BTY it has power for you 'licktrik people.

UltegraSTI 12-16-2008 09:57 AM

maybe put an 'honor box' out there to help the folks out who do put the time in. or just to help the thing keep going. good luck with it. sounds fun.

R

damracecars 01-12-2009 02:40 AM

Dirt Oval Racing

I am part of the Florida Dirt Oval R/C Club that has built and maintain the oval portion of the track, at the request of Plam Beach County Parks and Rec.

We have organized Oval racing on Saturday's starting at noon. We also have an off road type infield for the new Electric Slash class, that is really getting to be a great class.

We are famliy orientated, and have a ton of fun out there.

For more info about our racin' deal check out the following forums here on rctech:
-Palm Beach County south county park
-South Florida Dirt Oval R/C Club

Come out and give it a try.:nod:
Beginners very welcome.