R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Elings Park Inter... Santa Barbara, Ca

Hello R/C Enthusiasts.

The track previously run by SBRCCA at Elings Park in Santa Barbara, California is now operating as a facility of Elings Park.

A website has been established which will help keep people involved and up to date on events. Please visit at www.elingsraceway.com for more information.

Questions? Comments?
EPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwassman View Post
Track Update. Click Me
When did this happen and why? Can we at least transfer the sweet pics that Cassidy took over to this new website especially the track pic and driver stand pic? As a member, this is kind of disturbing as the sbrcca website was kick ass, and this "move" is so sudden, with no talk of why, who is in charge, what is now going to happen with the track etc.....What is this T4 thing on mondays? Honestly, monday is probably a bad day to have an RC event, racing nationwide happens on weekends. If the club is HUGE (200+members, or like 100+ show on raceday) then it might make sense to have several races throughout the week, kind of like Seattle Indoor Raceway. Right now we struggle just to get 20+ members to show, as less than half a dozen racers are local.

Personally THIS is something that we should especially have a club meeting about. A live Q&A would be great. Essentially with this "transition" comes the death of SBRCCA...though I do think the current sbrcca website should be kept, just the url and correct track name changed... you could even get a redirect from sbrcca.com to what you have now. People know the sbrcca website.

Ya, Im freaking out..but only because I like so many other members have worked our butts off trying to get the club back to what it was and what it can be.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 07-08-2008 at 01:41 AM.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclown3 View Post
When did this happen and why?
This happened over the last few months. Reason being that if SBRCCA kept "running" the track, it would disappear sooner than you all think.

Quote:
Can we at least transfer the sweet pics that Cassidy took over to this new website especially the track pic and driver stand pic?
It would be an option with permission from the photographer or Cassidy.

Quote:
As a member
I don't know if you ever filled out a form, but without signing anything you should technically not be using the track. Whatever check you write, it should be written to Elings Park. But seeing as how you are selling out, I doubt you will even sign up.

Quote:
this is kind of disturbing as the sbrcca website was kick ass, and this "move" is so sudden
There website is very useful and has lots of great pictures of racing. The move seems sudden if no one is watching.

Quote:
with no talk of why, who is in charge, what is now going to happen with the track etc.....
Did you look at the website? Here is a snapshot of the first thing that comes up

Quote:
What is this T4 thing on mondays?
It is to help get people into R/C. It is open to anyone, so if you want to come out and bet a dollar on your driving skill...

Quote:
Honestly, monday is probably a bad day to have an RC event, racing nationwide happens on weekends. If the club is HUGE (200+members, or like 100+ show on raceday) then it might make sense to have several races throughout the week, kind of like Seattle Indoor Raceway. Right now we struggle just to get 20+ members to show, as less than half a dozen racers are local.
Its all in the plans. We are thinking about holding races and giving contingency money to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of each class. People probably aren't showing up as much because SOMEONE keeps canceling races and flipping out over simple minded things. Who wants to show up to a canceled race?

Quote:
Personally THIS is something that we should especially have a club meeting about.
Reality is talking doesn't do anything. There were people out there DOING improvements to the track. We are not talking track surface here, we are talking about the tracks future. Think about it, how many club members did you see out at the track while it was being worked on? You were there, what were you doing with levi? Jake from marty's was there, using the track with his buddy. The reality of it is, there is no one helping and we don't expect it anymore.

Quote:
Essentially with this "transition" comes the death of SBRCCA...though I do think the current sbrcca website should be kept, just the url and correct track name changed... you could even get a redirect from sbrcca.com to what you have now. People know the sbrcca website.
I have to agree. SBRCCA is going down and it has been ever since the Pit Stop days. If the SBRCCA website wants to link to us, that would make it even more useful.

Quote:
Ya, Im freaking out..but only because I like so many other members have worked our butts off trying to get the club back to what it was and what it can be.
Your probably freaking out over nothing. Don't give up now because of a simple name change, if you do then you probably weren't part of the solution anyways.

Facing the facts, if we want a permanent spot in the park with a badass off-road/on-road facility, Change it good.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

So we pay someone else for the same access and all clubs are welcome?

Doesn't sound like such a bad change.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIR View Post
This happened over the last few months. Reason being that if SBRCCA kept "running" the track, it would disappear sooner than you all think.
I will not argue with you there.

Quote:
It would be an option with permission from the photographer or Cassidy.
Cool, that would be excellent.

Quote:
I don't know if you ever filled out a form, but without signing anything you should technically not be using the track. Whatever check you write, it should be written to Elings Park. But seeing as how you are selling out, I doubt you will even sign up.
I did, I paid my dues to be a member. But to SBRCCA. That is how it has been for years.

Quote:
There website is very useful and has lots of great pictures of racing. The move seems sudden if no one is watching.
Agreed, the SBRCCA website is kick ass. I was watching, waiting to see if anyone would step up and say something. I am not on the board. I do not want to spread rumors. From talking to other club members, I was actually in the loop about some of this.

Quote:
Did you look at the website? Here is a snapshot of the first thing that comes up
Yes, I read the website. I posted here as it did not answer my questions from a person. Here I have a screen name to eventually connect a face to.

Quote:
It is to help get people into R/C. It is open to anyone, so if you want to come out and bet a dollar on your driving skill...
Hehe, thanks. I may have to do that. I used to love running my AD2 out there.

Quote:
Its all in the plans. We are thinking about holding races and giving contingency money to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of each class. People probably aren't showing up as much because SOMEONE keeps canceling races and flipping out over simple minded things. Who wants to show up to a canceled race?
I know where your coming from here. Canceling races is not good, and I am not a fan of driving 45 minutes to show up to a cancelled race.

Quote:
Reality is talking doesn't do anything. There were people out there DOING improvements to the track. We are not talking track surface here, we are talking about the tracks future. Think about it, how many club members did you see out at the track while it was being worked on? You were there, what were you doing with levi? Jake from marty's was there, using the track with his buddy. The reality of it is, there is no one helping and we don't expect it anymore.
Not many club members if at all showed up to help out, BUT that is as less than half a dozen are local. For about 2 years I did show up and fix track surfaces. Not to the extent of Levi and Rex, but at one point I was coming every week to fix issues that were normal at any other professional track. As far as helping out....that was Eilings deal. From my understanding he came in and started doing what he wanted. You know what, the area is seriously in the best shape it has ever been. We have a pit lane, we have a kick ass drivers stand, we FINALLY have a dedicated area for the race director. I was and am totally stoked about it.

Quote:
I have to agree. SBRCCA is going down and it has been ever since the Pit Stop days. If the SBRCCA website wants to link to us, that would make it even more useful.
Agreed, with how little new blood was coming in, the demise might have come very soon. Let us never speak of Pit Stop again ;-) They didn't carry enough to support the local racing scene anyway. A track without a good hobby shop is hard to support as a racer.

Quote:
Your probably freaking out over nothing. Don't give up now because of a simple name change, if you do then you probably weren't part of the solution anyways.

Facing the facts, if we want a permanent spot in the park with a badass off-road/on-road facility, Change it good.
Maybe I am freaking out over nothing. That nothing is miscommunication and total lack of communication with the SBRCCA members. I want to be part of the solution.

Regardless of me selling my offroad equipment, I will be back, and that will be soon. I just do not want to deal with finding nitro that I want to run. Mebbe once EP 8th scales get designed by GOOD companies (not Caster) I will come back if nitro fuel has not made its return.

BTW I have a PM for you.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my "bitching" post. I do come off strong, but only because I care. I came from a bitchin track named Revelation Raceway which I used to frequent 2-5 times a week when it was open that often. I moved to the Valley to find that the club was small, and the track design and surface substandard. Now look at it......due to many members help and some donated time and money....its somewhat close to what I was hoping we could accomplish.

It comes down to a club is only as strong as its members. We all need to step up.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 07-08-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Ummm i see ur membership is 65$ what does that get me??? and there are no race dates set... is that all in the works.. or do we just pay 65 for a cool card??
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
Tech Elite

It was that racing was $10 for members or non-members....dunno what the plan is now. $65 was the privilege to use the track any time of the week during park hours.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Well as you know, you could walk onto the track right now. The combo lock is all the same and nothing has changed access wise yet.

What does the membership get you? I think that has been said.

SBRCCA's races are still 2nd and 4th Sundays as usual. Our calender has been updated, thanks for the reminder.

The race charge is set by the person/club putting on the race.

Thanks for your patience, just trying to keep the track around.

What do you guys think of an electronic entrance gate?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

electronic gate sounds cool, does that mean the track is getting power?!

What are these t4 challenges? Where can I find info on it?

-Jon
deskwarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nevermind, found the info on the t4 challenge. Sounds really cool!

Too bad it starts at 4p, are late entrants allowed? For those of us stuck in the workforce, 5:30 would be a much better starting time.
deskwarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice

We are usually there until 7 anyways. Show up anytime before 6 and get your drive on.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Back to this topic....:

I am asking in behalf of ALL club members of SBRCCA that Jeff Eilings or a Park Representative talk to the club members at the track. Communication IS key.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

What do you want to talk about? This is pretty public.

Ask questions.

BTW, the boys club/Elings Park summer camp went pretty good today.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
What do you want to talk about? This is pretty public.
Exactly. Like I said, he should come and talk to "the club" at the track.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Who is going to be running the races and the club and all that stuff, is rex still running races? and is he involved in the club any longer? Is this change going to effect race days at all?
Nitro syco is offline   Reply With Quote