Tech Apprentice

Link To Race Thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...84#post4651084
EPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Just a little info about the forums: no need to make a new thread for every race day. However, if there is a points race that takes place over several races, that does make sense, however they still tend to get lost on the forums. Best to keep everything in one forum.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #78
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

Are you gonna race?

Last edited by mrwassman; 07-18-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: No
mrwassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwassman View Post
Are you gonna race?
I wish. I need a new $400 C6 L2G if I am going to. It had its last day at Sun Valley. I got between 9-10 gallons on it, not bad for half a season of racing. Either way, I am getting out of nitro offroad alltogether for now, as I posted in the SBRCCA thread here: Post 964 in SBRCCA thread For now I am sticking with racing with the Ventura Roadrunners in Expert TC class, and hopefully soon 12th pan car. Mod TC once in a while....

Mebbe I will show up to turn-marshall all day, but that depends if I reconfigure enough of my network infrastructure and servers at work over the weekend. Gotta love being on call 24/7
Old 07-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #80
Tech Adept

Oh c'mon, you don't need a 400 dollar motor to be competitive to you? Shit man, get a new connecting rod and squeeze that bitch.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #81
Tech Elite

No, its not worth it to get it pinched IMO. And no, I don't need a $400 engine to be competitive, but its really the only engine that I want. My C6BB was kick ass, and I already have the pipe and manifolds to go with it, so I would replace it with a C6 L2G Still, if I did get another engine, I'd have to break it in...can't make the race. The S5 and S7 are tempting, but having all that power was quite nice, especially on the small track at Camarillo. I do have a spare piston, sleeve and rod, but then again, I still need to buy new bearings, head shims, and re-break it in again. Still, unfortunately I am getting out offroad. Seriously, 5-10hrs of maintenance for 1 race day does not appeal to me any more, and I just don't have the time for it. My TC takes about an hour to clean, and another hour to prep the shocks, geometry and balance.

Ill be back. 8th offroad is a love of mine, but I can not have it all. Id also rather compete at the level I am in TC than the level I am in with offroad.

Excuses excuses excuses....
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #82
Tech Elite

So how was race day? Anyone willing to write a race report for us fellows that were a no-show?

On a side note, Karl was telling me that the JBRL Electric race at Camarillo was a blast. 2 days of bitchin' racing. The Camarillo crew changed the design and layout of the track for this race, and damn does it look like fun. I'm glad they are keeping the layout for future races.

Greg, is it true? You might be going soft and getting an electric? Word on the street via Karl ;-) (BTW it seems no user with the word "clean" is registered.. Want me to make a username for you? Call me if so, we can set it up over the phone.)
Old 07-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #83
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Powerlink

Hey rezenclowd3/Justin ,I wouldn't say electric is going soft , The 4x4 mod buggys are faster than anything I have seen or driven in the dirt .And are harder to handle than 1/8th scale buggy.,I say you should not get the 12 scale pan car you want and man up and get a B44 it will knock your socks off.And it will help build up the 4x4 mod class at Cam.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Hehe, mebbe, but Ill stick with something that takes less time to clean for now... I've already gone soft; I have already moved to electric.

I wouldn't choose the B44 though, though the Tamiya TRF 501x looks amazing, or the Serpent S500 /Durango.

BTW Karl, once Serpent releases the new top deck for the S400, im switching from my TC5 to that....mmmmmm S400.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Anyone care to comment about last Sundays event? I want to read how it all went down from a 3rd party.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default yep

I woke up too late to race, but I made it out to check out the mains and the jumpoff at the end. It was great.. the turn out was really big (4 classes and the smallest had 5 cars, the biggest had i think 12)
There was tons of parents and bystanders checking it out, Mike was totally on point with his directing, the BBQ was awesome and the track looked really fun.
The 100.00 winner take all jump-off at the end was super cool to watch and cheer for with Jake taking his 1/8 buggy up and off the berm and literally out of the park.
good times for sure
billdapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Bill had fun just watching

Get your cars out!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Anyone care to comment about last Sundays event? I want to read how it all went down from a 3rd party.
I guess we arent valid people since a THIRD PARTY, needs to be involved, Ok Justin, we had a water main break, it flooded the track, no one showed up, so we decided to make up the racers listed in the results, and photoshopped the pictures on the other thread! Jeez dude, talk about picking fly shit out of pepper!!!

True I cant speak for all the racers, but I tried to make everyone happy, and it seemed like everyone that showed up had a good time, and I had no complaints. I felt the race went over pretty good, but again I am not going to speak for all that were there, maybe pm some of the guys that were there and get their opinions. It almost seems as though you wanted to hear it was a failure, I really dont know what your issue is, we are all here to have a place to play and race, and the way its looking we will continue to keep the TRACK alive.

I would love to have you come out and race, but as you mentioned in previous posts you are getting more into Onroad, and selling your Offroad stuff. But please you are invited to come out durring our race days and enjoy a day of racing.

I had fun Sunday! My opinion.

Mike Atherton
mikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdapart View Post
Mike was totally on point with his directing, the BBQ was awesome and the track looked really fun.
Thanks Bill,

Its been awhile since I have run a race, but like I said I tried to make it a fun experience for all that were in attendance, and yeah the grub was good as well!!!

Maybe you wont be out until the wee hours of the morning the day of the next race

Mike
mikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #90
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikus View Post
I guess we arent valid people since a THIRD PARTY, needs to be involved, Ok Justin, we had a water main break, it flooded the track, no one showed up, so we decided to make up the racers listed in the results, and photoshopped the pictures on the other thread! Jeez dude, talk about picking fly shit out of pepper!!!

True I cant speak for all the racers, but I tried to make everyone happy, and it seemed like everyone that showed up had a good time, and I had no complaints. I felt the race went over pretty good, but again I am not going to speak for all that were there, maybe pm some of the guys that were there and get their opinions. It almost seems as though you wanted to hear it was a failure, I really dont know what your issue is, we are all here to have a place to play and race, and the way its looking we will continue to keep the TRACK alive.

I would love to have you come out and race, but as you mentioned in previous posts you are getting more into Onroad, and selling your Offroad stuff. But please you are invited to come out durring our race days and enjoy a day of racing.

I had fun Sunday! My opinion.

Mike Atherton
Woah Mike, not what I meant at all! That was VERY VERY bad wording on my part and I totally see why it was read that way. Looking at it now, I wonder why more didn't explode on me like you did. From the pics, it looks like it was a kick ass day! In no way do I want this track to fail. I apologize publicly for the CRAPPY wording in my post Mikus was referring to.