R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #61
Tech Regular

can someone explain to me why the track needed a new timing system? our system was just as up to date as anyone elses and there is not a better one available, there isnt even another one available, at least not one that can be used with the Personal transponders that 99% of all racers own. Yes the computer could have been updated but I see no need for a new timing system.
Nitro syco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

DeLarge: what it comes down to is that several members of SBRCCA onroad had donated to buy the timing system, which was used by both SBRCCA onroad and offroad, however with the theoretical demise of SBRCCA and lack of communication with the offroad club president, SBRCCA onroad wanted it back. So Levi let onroad take it back.

EDIT!: I do not know if SBRCCA onroad will share the timing system or not, but before this situation as of late, the understanding was that whichever part of the club needed it, could have it. Technically it would have worked out, as Offroad is 2nd and 4th Sunday, Onroad is 3rd Sunday. There was an issue earlier when onroad was trying to get a hold of Rex to borrow the system 2 weeks before their event, but Offroad decided to throw a race on that 3rd Sunday to make up for one that did not happen (I forget why the previous race was cancelled, but it was a mutual understanding within the club there was no race taking place, could have been a holiday or something.)

Mikus, I feel you'd be the best representative of this if you can or need to clean up any info.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 07-11-2008 at 06:30 PM.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #63
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro syco View Post
can someone explain to me why the track needed a new timing system?
Elings is really into racing and all the kids events are run with transponders. AMB timing system and RC Scoring pro which is what ROAR uses for its events. This is not the tracks timing system.

Jeff and I are here to help and I am sure he would let people use his timing system. After all, an unused timing system is worthless.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #64
Tech Adept

Quote:
can someone explain to me why the track needed a new timing system? our system was just as up to date as anyone elses and there is not a better one available, there isnt even another one available, at least not one that can be used with the Personal transponders that 99% of all racers own. Yes the computer could have been updated but I see no need for a new timing system.
Hey everyone I am new to this forum stuff. I am not sure what to say when you guys say you own my stuff. I got some sort of call that someone is not happy about my timing system. It works for what I am doing, it also works for ROAR nationals. I have some things for sale if you would like to own my stuff, unfortunately the timing system is not one of them.

On a positive note, I am renting out the track for a race. I am working out the specifics but as of now one of the board of directors will be racing with us and he as graciously offered contingency money. Also we will get some kids to race their own class, I am stoked with the way they are driving! Get your cars ready and lets race.

I encourage anyone who wants to run a race to do so and I will do everything possible to help out.
Jeff R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #65
Tech Elite

That was a misunderstanding on DeLarges part because there is a lack of communication to the Club about what is going on. Again, there needs to be a meeting. No one said SBRCCA or "the track/ park" owns the timing system you had bought, however I did say that you had purchased a timing system in Post #60

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 07-11-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Okay so then basicialy the club/track dosnt have a timing system anymore? And is there any plan of holding races on the regular 2nd and 4th sundays?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #67
Tech Initiate

I just paid my membership fee to sbrcca a month ago... I never received a badge or even any recognition from Rex.

Do I have to pay another 65 to you now? Do I ever get a badge since Rex was a lazy sob?

I have the gate code and should have been paid up till next march .. so should I not even worry about all this?

p.s. I like in Oak Park, however when I visit the tracks I am all yours to help with anything and even spend money on track for improvements. The 4 times I have been there I always seem to get 15 or so kids watching me from the bmx track. They are always asking me questions and having a great time. Its good stuff, and would be feel really horrible if this track ever shut down.
snowdins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Guys I am seeing way to much dissing on Rex right now, yes I can see why some of you dont like him, and I will say he probably wasnt the best suited for his job, and there was a lot of stuff he just didnt do, like comunicate with e-mail or anything, and other stuff like that, but he did run a lot of races at the track, since he became president he has hardly even driven his truggy, it has either been running a race, working on the track, or the rock crawling thing but that is new. I have not seen very many people working on the track other than rex and levi, maybe recently things have been changing but from what I have seen its been rex and levi, and I dont think very many people understand how much work is involved in maintaining a track, especialy when there is only 2 people doing it and the occasional help, but the have been able to keep the track in prety darn good shape. Yes Rex has made some big mistakes but dont think you would be perfect, Its not like he was trying to hurt the club, everything he did was to help the track, maybe it didnt help in the long run but he did try, and he spent a LOT of time at that track so guys just lighten up.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #69
Tech Regular

One more thing guys, just remember that Rex was "elected" into being president. Kind of like this whole Bush thing, there is a LOT of people that dont like George Bush but really he has been voted into office twice, and if you dont like him than vote against him.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
One more thing guys, just remember that Rex was "elected" into being president. Kind of like this whole Bush thing, there is a LOT of people that dont like George Bush but really he has been voted into office twice, and if you dont like him than vote against him.
+1. Because of Rex and the board we got new dirt, changed the track layout and jumps, had someone there to run races pretty consistently for quite a long time. I myself really have appreciated the time and effort that Rex put into the track.

What it comes down to is the lack of communication these last few months. Hence the takeover. Someone stepped up, we just still need representation and communication between all parties to calm the whole thing down.

Snowdins, some contact info is on this page for Rex and Tim. I recommend getting ahold of them, or PMing Jeff R.
LINK HERE
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #71
Tech Adept

Communication is key. It is really hard to communicate on a forum. Call me...you got my cell.
Jeff R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
DeLarge: what it comes down to is that several members of SBRCCA onroad had donated to buy the timing system, which was used by both SBRCCA onroad and offroad, however with the theoretical demise of SBRCCA and lack of communication with the offroad club president, SBRCCA onroad wanted it back. So Levi let onroad take it back.

EDIT!: I do not know if SBRCCA onroad will share the timing system or not, but before this situation as of late, the understanding was that whichever part of the club needed it, could have it. Technically it would have worked out, as Offroad is 2nd and 4th Sunday, Onroad is 3rd Sunday. There was an issue earlier when onroad was trying to get a hold of Rex to borrow the system 2 weeks before their event, but Offroad decided to throw a race on that 3rd Sunday to make up for one that did not happen (I forget why the previous race was cancelled, but it was a mutual understanding within the club there was no race taking place, could have been a holiday or something.)

Mikus, I feel you'd be the best representative of this if you can or need to clean up any info.
Let me try to clarify a couple of things, S.B.R.C.R.A. (On Road) is different from the offroad organization SBRCCA. Now with that being said, there is a Gentleman that ran both Off Road and On Road, he and Shawn Dahlen had discussion of getting a new Scoring System for the Offroad Track with the agreement of using the system durring the off weekends of Onroad. This worked out great for both SBRCCA and SBRCRA and were able to use the system on non conflicting weekends. Things changed within the Offroad organization over the years, and On Road took a break from Racing for well over a year, durring this time is when a lot of changes happened. There was much rumor about the offroad club purchasing this system from both private owning parties, neither one of these private parties that own the system were ever paid by the SBRCCA club or any individual from the club to date.

Ok so now we have one private owner of the scoring system (Which is the only one that has a reciept or documention of ownership), he was afraid of what might happen to his investment during the change of the park taking over running the track. There was never any plan of taking this system for good, and the owner believes that if the offroad club wants to use it for racing they can contact him via Rex.

We (On road guys) did try to throw a race and tried to borrow the scoring system from Offroad, and Rex would not return any of our calls and we were not able to run our race. After that incident the owner of the system, Myself and Rex had a meeting regarding the scoring system and worked out a schedule to work together on sharing the system again.

So if anyone from the club needs the scoring system for racing, there needs to be another meeting with all involved parties, please contact me and I will arrange a meeting with the owner of the system.

As for any club issues I can not put in any input on whats going on now , Since I have not been a member since 2002 or 2003, All club discussions should be made with all current officers as mentioned above a couple times in this thread.

Like I said if anyone would like to contact me for any questions please PM me.

Mike Atherton

Last edited by mikus; 07-13-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
mikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Thank you, that definietly helps clarify things.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default dang

Well,
I got my brushless 1/8 running again but wasnt able to make it out due midterms for summer session this weekend. I'm super bummed too after seeing that Dean was out there with the E-Revo. Woulda been fun to hack around against that a bit.. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out at least one day this week after work just to check it out. I won't be able to put up the fundage for another membership till at least next week..
billdapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Race July 27th

Hello Racers, there will be a race next weekend July 27th, if you can make it out, please come on out.

Mike

Last edited by mikus; 07-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.
mikus is offline   Reply With Quote