R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwassman View Post
Edit: Is Revelation a club that holds meetings to talk about 60K in dirt?
I dunno, Ill call Dana and ask.

I am confused about what your point is.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcdzim View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. Justin's never been that good with names.
Tru dat. Im usually only good remembering other names that I work with in the computer industry. Karl ROFL...i mean Rolf? Tyson Freddings? Huh what? Greg Campy? Cassey Zimmerwomen? Once we renamed DeLarge to "A buck fifty" I forgot his name for awhile...or was it "a buck twenty-five?" ;-)
Old 07-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
No doubt, and I hope that you guys DO get the track there. However, I take issue with false advertising, and seeing it labeled as an "International" track when the facilities don't comply... well, it irks me and I feel like it's window dressing to appease Elings Park when it could actually mean something. Add "internaional" when you get that far. It's not even "national". Needs electricity, more pit space, blah de blah de blah de blah.
Point taken. The first events before naming involved people from 3 different nations. So more of a user based name than a racing based name.
EPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kcdzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Tru dat. Im usually only good remembering other names that I work with in the computer industry. Karl ROFL...i mean Rolf? Tyson Freddings? Huh what? Greg Campy? Cassey Zimmerwomen? Once we renamed DeLarge to "A buck fifty" I forgot his name for awhile...or was it "a buck twenty-five?" ;-)
It was "a buck and a quarter".
Kcdzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIR View Post
Point taken. The first events before naming involved people from 3 different nations. So more of a user based name than a racing based name.
Whoa whoa...I hear BS. I dont like BS.

From EPIR via PM (also seen in attachment 1 in post #34):
"The International part is slightly loaded. Basically, we need to get kids involved with the track so the park can see it is useful and therefore make a spot for it. Alot of the boys club kids are from mexico, ala International. Not to mention, all big car tracks a deemed international. "

Also I don't know where this info came from but "ALL BIG CAR TRACKS ARE DEEMED INTERNATIONAL." Please show me.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
It was "a buck and a quarter".
$#&*!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

SOOO im still confused.. i have to pay the park and then pay the club to race???? Who the heck is in charge of race day on 2nd and 4th sunday.. maybe one of you already....

This EPIR seems kinda rude...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
SOOO im still confused.. i have to pay the park and then pay the club to race???? Who the heck is in charge of race day on 2nd and 4th sunday.. maybe one of you already....

This EPIR seems kinda rude...

Sorry about the confusion. Show up to race as before. Fees have not changed. Levi is still at the track doing good stuff. New improvements everywhere.

-Club pays no rent.
-Any one or club can throw an event by scheduling it with the park and paying.
-Membership fees go to the park.
-Park will insure track
-Track open seven day a week like usual

In a nutshell...check the calendar (I an not sure SBRCCA's is updated) and this will tell you event and what is going on. SBRCCA is responsible for their days this month. Other venues are in control of theirs'.

Everyone is responsible for their events. If a venue rents the track for their event, entry fees, food, trash, planning,etc. will be the responsibility or the party renting the track.

A good example is the Boy's and Girl's club event. It is bringing up to 20 racers per week for the next five weeks. The Boys club is responsible for the well being of the kids while the cars are being supplied by a private party.

Sorry about being rude.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ok

Just thought I'd chime in a bit. My name is Bill, you may have seen me at the track over the last couple months driving a red toyota pickup, talking with Levi, or running a T4 and electric 1/8 buggy. After a long hiatus from the hobby I came out one day to see that there was a new track layout. This got me excited and I started checking in a little more to see the haps. As I did, I witnessed the great recent additions to the track such as the driver's stand and raised pit table. This got me even more excited and I paid a small fee to SBRCCA so I could come out and practice a bit and do a bit of racing. I've had a TON of fun at the track so far, but have not been able to race due to low turnout days. I've also tried to come out and catch the T4 challenge a couple times since it's inception. I figure I have my own T4 and it would just be awesome to come out and run it against as many as 25 more. The way I see it now, EPIR is the new managers of the track. SBRCCA has first crack at race day rentals and beyond that, as Zimmerman said, it is open to anyone to rent out. I just want to make sure, but if I pay my 65.00 to EPIR, how long does this permit to run on the track and when am I allowed to run? Will I not be able to practice on days some club rents out the track without also paying the club? Also, I think an SBRCCA meeting is an absolutely fabulous idea. I joining of club members at an outside meeting place (let's all grab a bite at Carrow's in Goleta or something) would be great. It would be even more so if we could have a meeting with the club members/board AND the board of EPIR. I completely agree with EPIR's statements about aligning our interests. I believe you are completely on the right track trying to fill the need of aligning our interests with the park, but I wonder if some simple steps could be taken to help align interests with all the racers/club members who will be regulars at the new track.
I no longer drive the pickup, but I have a VW convertible that I will be tooling around in and I'm going to try to make it out to the track in the next few days to see if I can meet anyone out there to say hey and possibly race my buggy on Saturday. That's all from me and thanks to everyone who is interested in keeping R/C alive in SB.
billdapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Thanks for clearing it up for me... I have not raced there before but was planning on it next month some time...
Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #56
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdapart View Post
I just want to make sure, but if I pay my 65.00 to EPIR, how long does this permit to run on the track and when am I allowed to run? Will I not be able to practice on days some club rents out the track without also paying the club?
You would be permitted to run anytime it is not reserved during park hours.

Quote:
That's all from me and thanks to everyone who is interested in keeping R/C alive in SB.
Right on Bill.

Another thing that we have not clarified. You do not have to be a member of Elings Park International Raceway to participate in a race. Any other unreserved time a permit will be required.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Just thought I'd chime in a bit. My name is Bill, you may have seen me at the track over the last couple months driving a red toyota pickup, talking with Levi, or running a T4 and electric 1/8 buggy. After a long hiatus from the hobby I came out one day to see that there was a new track layout. This got me excited and I started checking in a little more to see the haps. As I did, I witnessed the great recent additions to the track such as the driver's stand and raised pit table. This got me even more excited and I paid a small fee to SBRCCA so I could come out and practice a bit and do a bit of racing. I've had a TON of fun at the track so far, but have not been able to race due to low turnout days. I've also tried to come out and catch the T4 challenge a couple times since it's inception. I figure I have my own T4 and it would just be awesome to come out and run it against as many as 25 more. The way I see it now, EPIR is the new managers of the track. SBRCCA has first crack at race day rentals and beyond that, as Zimmerman said, it is open to anyone to rent out. I just want to make sure, but if I pay my 65.00 to EPIR, how long does this permit to run on the track and when am I allowed to run? Will I not be able to practice on days some club rents out the track without also paying the club? Also, I think an SBRCCA meeting is an absolutely fabulous idea. I joining of club members at an outside meeting place (let's all grab a bite at Carrow's in Goleta or something) would be great. It would be even more so if we could have a meeting with the club members/board AND the board of EPIR. I completely agree with EPIR's statements about aligning our interests. I believe you are completely on the right track trying to fill the need of aligning our interests with the park, but I wonder if some simple steps could be taken to help align interests with all the racers/club members who will be regulars at the new track.
I no longer drive the pickup, but I have a VW convertible that I will be tooling around in and I'm going to try to make it out to the track in the next few days to see if I can meet anyone out there to say hey and possibly race my buggy on Saturday. That's all from me and thanks to everyone who is interested in keeping R/C alive in SB.

Pretty much what Bill says above, there needs to be some sort of meeting to iron all this out amoungst all invoved parties. I see everyone that is involved with SBRCCA are fustrated with unanswered questions that some cannot answer here. Its a shame with all the finger pointing and people whining about changes. Bottom line is there is a place to race and play with r/c cars here in Santa Barbara. Now from what I gather there was low turnouts, cancelled races and that happens, why? There isnt any new blood coming into the sport, and with what I have read here and seen out at the track seems to be heading in nothing but a positive direction for new blood. Its a shame there is these rants on here and not taken on offline, and PM should not have to be posted in fourms, lets show some respect gentlemen, we all share the same interest.

Most of you don't know who I am, but Im pretty sure if you were there on the first day the track was ever built, you should know Im the person who started it amoung 3 other Onroad Racers. With that being said, please PM me if you have any questions I maybe able to answer.

Mike Atherton
mikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikus View Post
Pretty much what Bill says above, there needs to be some sort of meeting to iron all this out amoungst all invoved parties.
Exactly what I have asked for since POST #2!

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 07-11-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice

The director of the park put in a call to Rex to see if the races were happening. There has been no response yet. In order to determine what SBRCCA is doing we recommend you contact your president or refer back to www.sbrcca.org. We apologize for any confusion and don't want people to show up to no racing.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #60
Tech Elite

As of right now, SBRCCA Offroad does not have the timing system. I know Rex doesn't know the timings system is out of Offroads hands... My understanding is that Eilings has purchased a new timing system. Does this mean the laptop is also gone? Can SBRCCA use the new timing system? Does new software need to be purchased and installed onto another laptop? If the laptop is not gone, will the software work with the new hardware? Questions that should be answered before a race is held.