R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #31
Tech Regular

What kind of ideas did you get from the Nats? Thunder Alley is an amazing facility, they have a lot going for them. They are one of the best tracks you can model after.
Nitro syco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
EPIR, I am going to call the number you gave me, I do appreciate you trying to square it all up, but its not going to happen via PM and these forums.

A Call out to SBRCCA members/ fans/ people that care:

How about this call before it gets any more out of hand: We wait to have a meeting with the park/ Jeff to talk about this. There is so much I want to say and rail on about some of these statements and it is VERY clear EPIR does not know the whole situation same as we do not know how this went down and what this means for us as a CLUB (remember, a club is only as strong as its members) Let us rally up and get this straightened out.

SO TO REITERATE: LETS CALL A MEETING!!!!!!!! That is the power of being CLUB MEMBERS!!! Regardless if we knew what went on with the president. That is why we as members also make choices and appoint people! Regardless of my current situation selling my offroad equipment, I want to see this track/ club prosper. Whatever it takes to have somewhere to race in SB!
Please suggest what you see as the future. Sorry you are angry. Club meetings and SBRCCA is necessary for the future of racing on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. It would have been cool to talk to you in person but you never called. Now everyone is getting cranked up when we all should be racing. I will talk to Spencer, Jeff, and Steen to see if you could personally make your case to them.
EPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro syco View Post
What kind of ideas did you get from the Nats? Thunder Alley is an amazing facility, they have a lot going for them. They are one of the best tracks you can model after.
Here are some of the ideas that we took away from the National.
-200 x 250 feet track
-flexable triple wall tubing (same stuff they use)
-No less then 12 feet wide
-Built with bulldozers
-Loads of dirt
-Better control of safety zones for spectators and track workers
-sprinklers

The president of Losi suggested attending the IFMAR race later this year. He said the experience is good but I am hoping to check out the track.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIR View Post
Please suggest what you see as the future. Sorry you are angry. Club meetings and SBRCCA is necessary for the future of racing on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. It would have been cool to talk to you in person but you never called. Now everyone is getting cranked up when we all should be racing. I will talk to Spencer, Jeff, and Steen to see if you could personally make your case to them.
Angry? No. Frustrated by lack of communication to the CLUB members who have been using this facility for years. BTW you said you gave me Jeffs number to call. Dont make it sound like I failed to call YOU! I can still call and will. Want to know why I haven't called yet? I get home from work, clean some house, then start on some training for another consultant job that I have picked up, then hit the hay. I hit up the forums on my blackberry responding as I am going through some of this training online. I WILL call, but I will be calling Jeff, someone in charge.

BTW you said you are Spencer, the kid from Pit Stop hobbies in a PM to me! (Pic of PM attached)

I need your permission to make "a case" to them...woah there buddy....now I REALLY want to know what is going on!
Attached Thumbnails
Elings Park Inter... Santa Barbara, Ca-picture-1.png   Elings Park Inter... Santa Barbara, Ca-picture-2.png  
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kcdzim
Default as I understand it...

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've gathered....

SBRCCA no longer has direct control over the track. There are benefits and drawbacks, but many of those depend on how closely the club, as it stands now, is willing to work with EPIR/Elings/The new powers that be that have usurped control.

EPIR has a new timing system and the old race computer has been given to the onroad guys.

As of now, SBRCCA "rents" the two race days from the park. Any day in the calendar can be "rented" exclusively just like a BBQ space. Any day that ISN'T rented is free for practice (to those who have paid the $65 and signed the waiver).

Yearly dues (which technically expired this month for SBRCCA) are now directly paid to the park, with a waiver.

SBRCCA probably won't have any dues any longer. If they do, it's a bit silly, unless y'all plan on making Tshirts or something.

EPIR, directed by Elings/Spencer/Steen responds to Elings Park making sure that the Park board is satisfied and hopefully pleased with the RC track, which is now supposedly/hopefully contributing to the Park (financially and culturally).

A RC raceday could be "rented" by Ventura Roadrunners, for example, exclusively. Essentially the track is a rented surface for whatever club will pay.

SBRCCA now exists in name only (really). The website serves pretty much as a token reminder that the track previously was club funded (albeit with rather poor coordination/communication). Race results (last I heard) won't be posted on EPIR (don't ask me why not). Probably because they're SBRCCA results.

I would advise SBRCCA to actively involve themselves with EPIR so that there is some direction in track design, race coordination, etc, so that it isn't just a "play date" for SBRCCA like it's treated right now. Start a points series with Ventura, and for heavens sakes, stop treating the track layout as if it's still "ok" for electric and it's clearly a truggy track.

As for the website, it's true that I've moved and that I haven't been paid back for the next 2 year renewal period that started in april for the URL and data storage space. I've written Rex repeatedly and gotten no response regarding my request for someone to take over webmaster duties, or getting reimbursed.

Last edited by Kcdzim; 07-10-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Kcdzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Here are some of the ideas that we took away from the National.
-200 x 250 feet track
-flexable triple wall tubing (same stuff they use)
-No less then 12 feet wide
-Built with bulldozers
-Loads of dirt
-Better control of safety zones for spectators and track workers
-sprinklers

The president of Losi suggested attending the IFMAR race later this year. He said the experience is good but I am hoping to check out the track.
This is kinda funny to read. Why haven't you guys (who call it an international track) not looked at the IFMAR rulebook which has lane widths and a whole lot more of what is actually REQUIRED in an "international track". Please refer to: the ifmar rules. I've been hoping SBRCCA would make it comply with national/international rules as long as I was in Santa Barbara. Please do so, and I'll hope to drive the track again. Otherwise, it's still a basher club track and not a track the actual enthusiast who wants to make an event with a large turnout will show up for.

Also, for you reference, here are the National rules: the ROAR Rules

Last edited by Kcdzim; 07-10-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

Quote:
Angry? No. Frustrated by lack of communication to the CLUB members who have been using this facility for years. BTW you said you gave me Jeffs number to call. Dont make it sound like I failed to call YOU! I can still call and will. Want to know why I haven't called yet? I get home from work, clean some house, then start on some training for another consultant job that I have picked up, then hit the hay. I hit up the forums on my blackberry responding as I am going through some of this training online. I WILL call, but I will be calling Jeff, someone in charge.

BTW you said you are Spencer, the kid from Pit Stop hobbies in a PM to me! (Pic of PM attached)

I need your permission to make "a case" to them...woah there buddy....now I REALLY want to know what is going on!
Great job posting a image of a PRIVATE message publicly because you didn't realize there might be more than one person using the account. You caught me.

Kind of done talking with you, good luck.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwassman View Post
Great job posting a image of a PRIVATE message publicly because you didn't realize there might be more than one person using the account. You caught me.

Kind of done talking with you, good luck.
I realized that, but maybe not everyone else did. I do not want ANY funky crap going on. Its not cool to share screen names as one never knows who they are talking to. Either way, its a public forum, I am free to post any conversation that I have had. Its sad to see that you are burning a bridge and going to refuse to talk to me. I still desire to help out with the track regardless of what members like or dislike me. I am in this hobby to meet new people and make racing fun for all that I am around regardless if I am racing or not.

I still look forward to meeting you at "EPIR" someday, hopefully soon.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I think I have met you "Spencer" Did/ Do you run MT?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcdzim View Post
This is kinda funny to read. Why haven't you guys (who call it an international track) not looked at the IFMAR rulebook which has lane widths and a whole lot more of what is actually REQUIRED in an "international track". Please refer to: the ifmar rules. I've been hoping SBRCCA would make it comply with national/international rules as long as I was in Santa Barbara. Please do so, and I'll hope to drive the track again. Otherwise, it's still a basher club track and not a track the actual enthusiast who wants to make an event with a large turnout will show up for.
The hope is one day it could be all that. First and foremost is to allign the interests and hopefully get permission to move. We would definately need the permits and studies to build such a track. If we can increase use, help the community, and improve R/C in everyone's eyes then I feel this can be accomplished. Remember the spray painting in the park was removed and the rocks that improved the road were done in the name of SBRCCA. I think it is best to see the larger picture in order to get this world class facility. Let's be realistic, these permits and studies are easily in the tens of thousands. Talk to the BMX guys if you want to get a glimpse of that. If it made the move and that sort of money was spent the track would be no less than world class.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcdzim View Post
Good point Cassidy! Oh this track could grow and be BITCHIN!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
The hope is one day it could be all that. First and foremost is to allign the interests and hopefully get permission to move. We would definately need the permits and studies to build such a track. If we can increase use, help the community, and improve R/C in everyone's eyes then I feel this can be accomplished. Remember the spray painting in the park was removed and the rocks that improved the road were done in the name of SBRCCA. I think it is best to see the larger picture in order to get this world class facility. Let's be realistic, these permits and studies are easily in the tens of thousands. Talk to the BMX guys if you want to get a glimpse of that. If it made the move and that sort of money was spent the track would be no less than world class.

Yup, I was talking to Dana, the owner of Revelation Raceway in Pomona, and he spent $60,000 on dirt for their 200'x100' track. That dirt is amazing...though a pita to clean during the day. Traction all day long, wet or dry...usually.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

Quote:
I realized that, but maybe not everyone else did. I do not want ANY funky crap going on. Its not cool to share screen names as one never knows who they are talking to. Either way, its a public forum, I am free to post any conversation that I have had. Its sad to see that you are burning a bridge and going to refuse to talk to me. I still desire to help out with the track regardless of what members like or dislike me. I am in this hobby to meet new people and make racing fun for all that I am around regardless if I am racing or not.

I still look forward to meeting you at "EPIR" someday, hopefully soon.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I think I have met you "Spencer" Did/ Do you run MT?
Dude, you know you know me. There isn't any funky crap going on, but you are being mildy obnoxious. Knock it off.

Edit: Is Revelation a club that holds meetings to talk about 60K in dirt?

Last edited by mrwassman; 07-10-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: meetings
mrwassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

No doubt, and I hope that you guys DO get the track there. However, I take issue with false advertising, and seeing it labeled as an "International" track when the facilities don't comply... well, it irks me and I feel like it's window dressing to appease Elings Park when it could actually mean something. Add "internaional" when you get that far. It's not even "national". Needs electricity, more pit space, blah de blah de blah de blah.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dude, you know you know me. There isn't any funky crap going on, but you are being mildy obnoxious. Knock it off.
Honestly, I THINK I know who you are. However, I was a regular racer, and I generally only know the regular racers. I do not know you personally, maybe just connect the face to the vehicle.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I want this place to be damn near amazing. I had fun traveling 3hrs to and from Revelation back in the day, but I dont have the energy to do that anymore. Hence where SB comes into play. Obnoxious..no, just wanting shit to be set right AND A MEETING!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on it. Justin's never been that good with names.