R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro syco View Post
Who is going to be running the races and the club and all that stuff, is rex still running races? and is he involved in the club any longer? Is this change going to effect race days at all?
Exactly why we need Jeff/ the Park to talk to us.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #17
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Powerlink

Quote:
Who is going to be running the races and the club and all that stuff, is rex still running races? and is he involved in the club any longer? Is this change going to effect race days at all?
Ditto +1
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #18
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Powerlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Exactly why we need Jeff/ the Park to talk to us.
I agree
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Talk Here.

Here is your communication:

Things cannot continue the way they were before. Its already public knowledge that the park has not applied for a permit to move the R/C track. So our days are numbered.

The park has to perceive that R/C is a GOOD thing for the PARK. Here are three ways to save the TRACK;

-Involving charitable organizations
-More income(Track is available to all clubs)
-Aesthetics (Fence, drivers stand, landscaping, race control tower, pit benches)

Also another thing is to improve safety. Notice the new railings (the other 2X4 Hand railings were probably not up to code). Most people operating today didn't see a waiver.

Here is a question since you speak for ALL of SBRCCA members (which I am one of).

What have you been doing since Shawn left? Same watering system, same Container, Same rental fence, same abandoned park benches, same pit stop RC hobbies signs, same Freq. board, same waiver from Pit Stop Hobbies, Same hoses. If one didn't know any better someone might think that you have not been doing anything.

How are your racing grids? Kind of empty. Why are races being cancelled?

The park directors and Steen have really been pleased by the improvements all which have been done in the Name of SBRCCA.

The sad part is you DONT GET IT.

Most SBRCCA members (I don't speak for ALL of them) do get it.

Since you speak for ALL members, where were you when this whole permitting process and ecological study took place this last year? BMX was there......this is one huge opportunity you really screwed up. I hear it cost something on the order of hundreds of thousands and we have already missed our chance to be involved. This is possibly one of the worst mistakes...How could you watch BMX move and just sit there and do nothing?

Lets save the track. Period.

There needs to be good racing where all enjoy!

I really think this track is something that is under-utilized and it can be so much more. SBRCCA does not need to worry about anything other then improving their grids and getting racers to come out. There is already other venues coming, this will be twice as much racing!

Just today there were about 20 kids racing. They are coming back for the next five weeks......this is good for R/C. You sound like a racer like us and I do not want to make you mad. This is the third wave of drama with this track and all we really want to do is get a secured spot for R/C in Santa Barbara. The Park is stoked on what is happening......this is first and foremost to the Future.

Last edited by EPIR; 07-10-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: add
EPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

If you checked the schedule on our the website, it shows SBRCCA racedays. Rex scheduled these events with Steen.

SBRCCA's website shows the next race day is June 22nd. Your webmaster called us and said he was never paid for the website. So who is going to take over the website? He lives in Seattle now...

Whether Rex continues to throw races for SBRCCA or not is in SBRCCA's hands. Don't expect the president to do everything.

Last edited by EPIR; 07-10-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: on
Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to jammin-ninja

EPIR- I think that your words would hold more value to those that are part of SBRCCA for you to identify yourself. Not saying that you are immitating someone to get us all pissed off, but i think that it would mean more to everyone that is concerned about the track if you would atleast state the position that you hold.

Quote:
Since you speak for ALL members, where were you when this whole permitting process and ecological study took place this last year? BMX was there......this is one huge opportunity you really screwed up. I hear it cost something on the order of hundreds of thousands and we have already missed our chance to be involved. This is possibly one of the worst mistakes...How could you watch BMX move and just sit there and do nothing?
I believe that there were different club officers when that started last year. I have to say that until Rex took over as the president, I knew nothing about what was happening with the club except when the next schedualed race was. I don't think that the club as a whole is to blame for that. Granit, I'm not an officer, nor am I be able to make it to meetings because of the distance that I drive just to race, but there was a communication failure from the upper club reps and the rest of the people.

I'm glad to see that there are more people that are utilizing the track, and i think that it is awesome that there is the rental trucks for the boys and girls club to use when they want to do an outing. I also think that it would be cool if on the next redesign, that it was built to meet the IFMAR standards, and hold a couple of stepping stone races for a larger series. That would put the track on the map and garrantee that it would last for many years.

All this coming from a guy who is moving in 2 months, but hates to see a track fall, especially one as nice as EPIR.
jammin-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

We are not trying to piss anyone off. If all this works then we are hoping to get an onroad and much more. If SBRCCA can succeed or not this track has to move forward. An investment broker firm has already pledged some money towards the cause (the park and track). We are actually trying really hard. For this to work I feel $1,000 for each month would definatly give us a great start. Something to work for... The park does not care about R/C , it cares about helping children, serving the community, making money, and looking professional. We need to align our interests.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #23
Tech Regular

EPIR
Wow, before I didnt really see a problem with the changes, I dont think anyone had any problems other that the fact that we didnt know anything, it was just a sudden change and there was not nearly enough information. But then after that it sounds a bit like we are being blamed for a few things here, like how were we possibly supposed to know that we had to go to some kind of a meating to go through the permit process, but we screwed up because we didnt know about this meating so we were not able to send a rep. And whats up with all this hating on the old stuff, its not like there was money to just buy new stuff we didnt need, like the shed that Elings donated a few years back, whats wrong with that, I cannot see anything wrong with it, it works fine there is absolutly no need to replace it just because it is a few years old, and the hoses, they all seem to work fine, water comes in one end and out the other, but they are old so should we replace them with all the money we didnt have.

"Whether Rex continues to throw races for SBRCCA or not is in SBRCCA's hands. Don't expect the president to do everything."
Whats up with that, I feel the blame again, that was just what he did and if he didnt run races I would have if need be.

I must say a lot of the stuff you said is very true and I agree with but come on man we just want to know what the heck is going on.
Nitro syco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to jammin-ninja

Quote:
come on man we just want to know what the heck is going on
+1
jammin-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

We are not blaming anyone, these are things that needed to happen and didn't. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to move the track when the time comes?

Hating on the old stuff? The list of things was not a hate list.

More like "oh the hose with the lifetime guarantee broke, F**K it cut the end off". Little things, that don't really matter.

What would you like to see happen? Not what has occured in the past but where it is at now because that is more important.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
EPIR
we just want to know what the heck is going on.
Whats going on? Here is the Calender.

SBRCCA races, T4 Challenge, Summer Camp, Boys Club

Add to the list, its wide open.

Bigger venues are in the works and they want to pay the park and also contingency money.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIR View Post
What would you like to see happen? Not what has occured in the past but where it is at now because that is more important.
I want to see a new layout, that would definietly get me and others to want to come, right now I am so over the layout I have a hard time wanting to come. A new hose will not make me want to come race
Nitro syco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #28
Tech Elite

EPIR, I am going to call the number you gave me, I do appreciate you trying to square it all up, but its not going to happen via PM and these forums.

A Call out to SBRCCA members/ fans/ people that care:

How about this call before it gets any more out of hand: We wait to have a meeting with the park/ Jeff to talk about this. There is so much I want to say and rail on about some of these statements and it is VERY clear EPIR does not know the whole situation same as we do not know how this went down and what this means for us as a CLUB (remember, a club is only as strong as its members) Let us rally up and get this straightened out.

SO TO REITERATE: LETS CALL A MEETING!!!!!!!! That is the power of being CLUB MEMBERS!!! Regardless if we knew what went on with the president. That is why we as members also make choices and appoint people! Regardless of my current situation selling my offroad equipment, I want to see this track/ club prosper. Whatever it takes to have somewhere to race in SB!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Ditto.

We went to the ROAR nationals at Thunder Alley and filled our heads with ideas.

Summer camp has us bound up for the next couple months. Once day Light Savings kicks in, the track surface will forgo some changes.

The rocks at the entrance and the hill grading were done by heavy machinery. We have even used the parks tractors to move dirt and boulders around. So we are all about moving in tons of dirt and utilizing heavy machinery.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Regardless of what happens with SBRCCA as a whole, the track needs 1) a President 2) Race director 3) Track Director 4) Treasurer

Until then, talk about track redesign, area changes, etc are a moot point.

As we all know, one person running it all does not work well. IF can be, have several people fill some of the roles because we can not all make it to race day EVERY time a race is held. This is just one example of what I feel should be talked about at a meeting.