R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Went racing at Nercar today. I would just like to thank everyone at the Nercar club for a great day of racing. Really nice track and well run. If you have not raced at Nercar you should try to make one of their events this summer.

XRAY NT1 2013 / FORDHAM HOBBIES / HOT RACE TYRES/ Port Jervis NY Onroad Raceway/ FLOYD BENNET RACEWAY / McPappy Racing /
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ..................

Hey...looking good for this sunday.Any electrics showing up?Motors? Is there power available still? Race fee? I will be bringing the OLD NTC3 with that engine. It's still running.M out.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Hey Mario, good to hear from you. I will answer all of your questions later on I have to make a quick post because I have to run. Just want to let everyone know racing this sunday , july 27th. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Just a few changes registration closes at 10 and racing starts at 11 o'clock am. Warm ups were 5 minutes and they are now 3 minutes. If you are running late call a friend so he can register you in. The reason for the changes is we are hoping to fit 3 qualifiers before the mains. Future dates will be announced I first need to check with FBF and Nercar so we do not end up with conflicting dates. See everyone sunday.

XRAY NT1 2013 / FORDHAM HOBBIES / HOT RACE TYRES/ Port Jervis NY Onroad Raceway/ FLOYD BENNET RACEWAY / McPappy Racing /
Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Mario,sent PM

Old 07-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
Hi guys...great to hear you're back to racing. Was wondering if there is any interest in a vintage Trans Am class ?....using Trans Am rules on body..tires....just 6 cells and 19t ...would have to work out a final drive ratio depending on track length...makes for some good close racing...everybody equal on power...great way to use some of those old chassis like a TC3 or XXX-S. Definately 2 people interested here in Poughkeepsie willing to make the trip, possibly 3 if I can get in touch with Dwight. In any event, did you have any electrics on the first day of racing ?
Any interest in the Trans Am thing...post a reply or pm me here
Again, good job of getting reorganized,
Bill
This sounds like it could be fun.Are the bodies 190 or 200mm?Can one use a TC5?Or does it have to be an older chassis?I should be there this sunday running nitro,If you guys are coming I can bring my electric also.The problem this week might be getting a body to use.If it looks/goes well and is fun...I can for sur Have a setup for the next race.Mario.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Hey Mario, as far as chassis go we are going to modify the rules a little bit. My feelings are we are going to limit the class to certain chassis to keep cost down. Ie: tc3/tc4/losi XXX-S/etc. Probably not carbon fiber kits with upper decks. Ie:RDX/X-rays. We will consider the plastic chassis x-ray. Basically older cars or entry level kits. Again this is my idea and we still have to decide on this class as a club. As far as the other rules go refer to... U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #37
Tech Master

Default ..................

O.K.....whatevers decided is cool by me.Just lets figure it out before I order stuff.Don't think I'll go for an older chassis right now as I am actually trying to pare down the amount of stuff I have.No problem...Maybe setup a regular electric class also???Can talk more sunday.Mario.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Mario, rcracer 1958 is coming this sunday (I hope) and a few of his fellow racers who run this class and we'll talk on the rules and their thoughts on the newer chassis.What my goal is to attract more locals and father/sons,daughters to get started.We have had alot of people stop by at our track to ask about getting started and I feel start up costs are turning them away.This week I will check with some local hobby stores on a package that we can put together for about the $300.00 range.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
Mario, rcracer 1958 is coming this sunday (I hope) and a few of his fellow racers who run this class and we'll talk on the rules and their thoughts on the newer chassis.What my goal is to attract more locals and father/sons,daughters to get started.We have had alot of people stop by at our track to ask about getting started and I feel start up costs are turning them away.This week I will check with some local hobby stores on a package that we can put together for about the $300.00 range.
I understand completely.Totally agree too.You know Bill does that and it is a big part of his success.Just not looking to expand my collection at this time...Tired or tripping over all of these things constantly.Maybe...if next year the class is running,and the collection is thinned,I would love to run it.Enuff smileys to show It's all good?LOLM
Old 07-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #40
Tech Regular

We will be racing tommorow, weather looks good but forecast is late afternoon thunderstorms. So there is no reason why we should'nt get this race in. Remember to please register by 10 oclock and racing will start at 11 oclock. See everyone there.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

were are you located in NY I may come up
newera152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newera152 View Post
were are you located in NY I may come up
Circleville NY,The middletown area about 60mi north of NYC

Old 08-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Our next race will be Sunday,August 10th,hope to see you there!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Well, my Trans Am car is finally together. Going to do my best to make out this time to see what works well on the track. Have any electrics been showing up at all ?

See you guys Sunday
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
Well, my Trans Am car is finally together. Going to do my best to make out this time to see what works well on the track. Have any electrics been showing up at all ?

See you guys Sunday
Hope you can make it.We had no electrics but we also had a small turnout due to the weather,we did not have a race just an all day open practice.I know some were coming with electrics and would like to see a strong electric class.How many from your group are coming? I am interested myself and going to build one from an old losi xxxs I have laying around.Do you know what offset rims are needed for the losi?

Last edited by shamu; 08-03-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: error