Wiki Posts
Search

OVRCCC outdoor asphalt oval and road course

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default OVRCCC outdoor asphalt oval and road course

Ohio Valley Radio Control Car Club would like to introduce you to their new racing facilities in Belpre Ohio. Our new track is 75' x 55' right now but we are planning on an expansion in the near future (we hope). Our track offers on-road racing and oval racing on Saturdays. We are located in the Belpre Civitan Park next to the city pool. The pool was redone a few years ago and has a big water slide along with a play area and pool for the small ones. Play grounds are within walking distance and food is within a block or two. Shopping at the local mall is only 5 miles away.

So come on down and races with us and bring the family. There is something for the whole family to do.

We have an AMBrc system that accepts person transponders, a 20' drivers stand, electric and plenty of pit area.

For more information visit www.ovrccc.com or E-Mail Me here to be put on our mailing list for our monthly newsletter. There is alot of information in the news letter that pertains to the club and alot that pertains to the hobby. Good reading material no matter.

We do have a trophy race coming up July 5th.

Here is the Flyer

http://www.ovrccc.com/Downloads/July...08%20flyer.htm

Here is the pre-registration form

http://ovrccc.com/Downloads/july5th%...egstration.htm

Like I said for more info and pictures visit www.ovrccc.com
Attached Thumbnails OVRCCC outdoor asphalt oval and road course-track.jpg   OVRCCC outdoor asphalt oval and road course-track-area.jpg   OVRCCC outdoor asphalt oval and road course-driver-stand.jpg  
Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Pool Opens this weekend
Hope to see a LOT of racers out
Turnout has been good considering the weather

Thankx, Speedy Bill
Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

This past sunday OVRCCC put a new surface on our track just in time for the July 5th trophy race. This will be the first weekend on the new surface. Looks great along side the pool. Track design will be put back down Sunday.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

HOLY SHIZZLE!! thats nice wonder if there are any good drivers there?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i've been talking to my buddy McLovin to make the trip down on july 5th... so there should be some compitition... plus one more will be making his first touring race on asphalt this year on the july 5th race... might not be to bad of a showing...

Mick with these guys coming will you man up and take off the foam tires and join everyone else on rubbers???

-DC-
Old 06-11-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for helping get the word out DC.

I know there used to be alot of fast guys racing, but they all went back to running foams (except a very select few). LOL

I think the new surface will help turn that around. We will find out this weekend.

On a lighter note, if anyone is planning on coming to the July Trophy event and they want their free t-shirt, they must be pre-registered with payment by 06-14-08. That is only 4 days away. You can bring payment to the track with you this Saturday if you want to pre-register then.

Last edited by Ozzie; 06-11-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Won't be able to make this weekend unless it rains out on sat then i can make sunday... i've got that offroad series this sat...

-DC-
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I hope it doesn't rain, we have had enough of that. Since we have started outdoors we have only had one weekend without the threat of rain. Hinders the turnout with the wet stuff in the forecast.

You got 2 more weekends after this to get to the track. Shouldn't take you that long to figure your new car out.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

i'm more worried about my brushless stuff... they just sent it to me today and i will have it fro the weekend... thats kinda why i was hoping it would rain on saturday... give me a little bit of practice for next weeks club race...lol

-DC-
Old 06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Well, you can just give it all to me and I will run it and let you know how it does.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

man i would hate to tell you but if thats the case you gotta alot of work to do....lol there isn't anything ready yet...lol

-DC-
Old 06-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like you may get your wish. It is 70% chance of the wet stuff right now on Saturday. I am not sure if I will get to race on Sunday or not. We will have to see what happens.

Stop by and take a look at the track. The new surface is killer. We got the track back down last night and it looks great.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Hey fellas,

Are you guys prepping the surface with anything (vht, soda, sugar water, etc.)? How's the grip out there?

Thanks,
Rob Love
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Rob,

We are not preping the surface with anything yet. We just had a new surface put down this week. It was sealer with a silica sand mix. Track was loose before we did this and this will be our first race weekend on the new surface. We used the same person that had done our previous track at Mountwood and the traction there was great. I will post after this weekend and let you know.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RBLove
Hey fellas,

Are you guys prepping the surface with anything (vht, soda, sugar water, etc.)? How's the grip out there?

Thanks,
Rob Love

McLOVIN!!!!!!! whats up man... come on down and we'll beat and bang since we didn't get to do it on carpet this past year...lol

-DC-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.