Search

New Track in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
Rev,

1/8 scale racing is where its at, thats the bottom line. Open your track with what you had originally planned and see how things go from there. I promise you I will be there and at least 10 of my friends. We need a NICE track in san diego as we don't have one. Business is business don't worry about who you steal from FHR, thats life. If your already worried about hurting your competitors you have the wrong mind set. Its life and whatever it takes to feed your family and yourself do it. Do you think jack in the box liked it when carl's jr opened? come on do what you have to do please don't worry about others. Open a killer 1/8 scale track and for other types and you will have 80% support from people. we need a nice track with a nice driver stand and pits.

You know, I'm all for a new track opening.....but I dont agree with this kind of attitude. Just as RevDup needs to feed his family, so does Billy at FHR who already has track open. Talking down on FHR's track and saying its not a nice track on a public forum is just plain rude. Billy has worked hard just so that there somewhere for racers to go at all. If you arent going to FHR to race because its not as NICE as say Revelation or Hemet, then thats your problem. Take your TEN FRIENDS up there and race, support that track and HELP them make it better instead of complaining and asking someone else to build something better. Or, go build your own.

People are going to start thinking I'm a jerk on here, but at this point I dont care. It just makes me mad that people will actually come on here and talk s**t about other shops/tracks. Its not right, and it doesnt make the race scene in SD any better because now you'll have people from one track that wont go to the other track and vice versa.

1/8 is great..... for an outdoor track. Anybody watch the video of the indoor nitro race he posted? See how much haze in the building? Not to mention how loud it will be inside the building. Bring your ear plugs.

Like Cornerspeed said, ARC will be opening soon, and once it does, it will be hard to compete for 1/8 racers. Dan is building a great facility up there that alot of pro racers will frequent. In fact Cornerspeed is a 1/8 racer now, and even he thinks the track should be 1/10 off road and on-road

There are no permanent on-road tracks in SD. Discount Hobby puts on a great program in the parking lot, but there is nowhere to practice on non-race days.

Having an electric off road/on road combo makes more sense IMO. Just by the feedback on here, it also seems to be the favorable way to go.

Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes....I just want to see more tracks to race at with FRIENDLY racers.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

all of this talk of days go by sure bring up some good memories..

NTC, Tylers #1, Tylers #2, lakeside, and Hobbytown in Vista...

Steve a jerk... na i dont think sooo

last time i ran into steve, he sold me a Camper for my Truck .. lol
Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
You know, I'm all for a new track opening.....but I dont agree with this kind of attitude. Just as RevDup needs to feed his family, so does Billy at FHR who already has track open. Talking down on FHR's track and saying its not a nice track on a public forum is just plain rude. Billy has worked hard just so that there somewhere for racers to go at all. If you arent going to FHR to race because its not as NICE as say Revelation or Hemet, then thats your problem. Take your TEN FRIENDS up there and race, support that track and HELP them make it better instead of complaining and asking someone else to build something better. Or, go build your own.

People are going to start thinking I'm a jerk on here, but at this point I dont care. It just makes me mad that people will actually come on here and talk s**t about other shops/tracks. Its not right, and it doesnt make the race scene in SD any better because now you'll have people from one track that wont go to the other track and vice versa.

1/8 is great..... for an outdoor track. Anybody watch the video of the indoor nitro race he posted? See how much haze in the building? Not to mention how loud it will be inside the building. Bring your ear plugs.

Like Cornerspeed said, ARC will be opening soon, and once it does, it will be hard to compete for 1/8 racers. Dan is building a great facility up there that alot of pro racers will frequent. In fact Cornerspeed is a 1/8 racer now, and even he thinks the track should be 1/10 off road and on-road

There are no permanent on-road tracks in SD. Discount Hobby puts on a great program in the parking lot, but there is nowhere to practice on non-race days.

Having an electric off road/on road combo makes more sense IMO. Just by the feedback on here, it also seems to be the favorable way to go.

Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes....I just want to see more tracks to race at with FRIENDLY racers.

Yup - 10th scale on and off orad would clean up. Id be there on weekdays
Old 03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
Yup - 10th scale on and off orad would clean up. Id be there on weekdays

expecually considering the location... even with traffic during the week.. it should be less than an hour from north county or chula vista...
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
Rev,

1/8 scale racing is where its at, thats the bottom line. Open your track with what you had originally planned and see how things go from there. I promise you I will be there and at least 10 of my friends. We need a NICE track in san diego as we don't have one. Business is business don't worry about who you steal from FHR, thats life. If your already worried about hurting your competitors you have the wrong mind set. Its life and whatever it takes to feed your family and yourself do it. Do you think jack in the box liked it when carl's jr opened? come on do what you have to do please don't worry about others. Open a killer 1/8 scale track and for other types and you will have 80% support from people. we need a nice track with a nice driver stand and pits.
i don't know who you are but i'd like to let you know what i think,
allot of people have bitched and moaned about borona, too far, too big, too wet, too dry, too loose, too hard, too technical, too hot, too cold, not enough light. i have been one of them. But the fact is,
Billy, Dave, and now Gil have given us a place to come and race and have fun for the past 8 months, when otherwise we would not have had one... so before you come out and say crap like that you might want to take a sec and think, how much time, money, sweat, and sleepless nights it takes to get a track and keep it going, and allot of times sweat and sleepless nights.

and what are you talking about when you say "we need a nice drivers stand and pits" i don't know what track you've been racing at but borona's got a pretty dialed drivers stand,, i'm pretty sure it cost's at least a cuple grand,,, and pit lane is pretty awesome too,, do you know how much work that must have been to get those freeway mediums up there?
soo,,,, since you like life so much why don't you go race at walgreens.

as for the new track i would open an electric only facility and go with it.... especially since it's not even legal to run nitro indoors. we already have a killer 8th scale track in san diego. and plus with arc opening soon i would think your gonna have a really hard time keeping people happy with a less than perfect sized track for 8th scales.

steve, i've seen those videos on utube,,,i think i speak for allot of people when i say i would NOT race there if there were nitros racing there also.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Steve a jerk?

Well, he's tall, skinny, kinda big head, 104 inch reach with both arms, 106 inch legs,he can drive a truck from the passenger seat, I have witnessed it, and kinda goofy lookin and can't bowl fer shiat.

But not a jerk......
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Steve a jerk?

Well, he's tall, skinny, kinda big head, 104 inch reach with both arms, 106 inch legs,he can drive a truck from the passenger seat, I have witnessed it, and kinda goofy lookin and can't bowl fer shiat.

But not a jerk......
I know you two are close and all but knowing you buds body measurements. That is a little creepy!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
I know you two are close and all but knowing you buds body measurements. That is a little creepy!

I didnt even know he knew that stuff........but I have driven my truck from the passenger seat You want to talk about the look on some peoples faces go down the freeway!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Old 03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didnt even know he knew that stuff........but I have driven my truck from the passenger seat You want to talk about the look on some peoples faces go down the freeway!
Well I always knew that you had a talent. Now I know what it is.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

If you have never seen it, you would compare it to getting a glimpse of some HOT chick topless, then you realize that its some Asian dude in the passenger seat of a truck with no driver doing 80mph down the road with his arm out the passenger window....

Then you say 'Holy Crap"............
Old 03-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
If you have never seen it, you would compare it to getting a glimpse of some HOT chick topless, then you realize that its some Asian dude in the passenger seat of a truck with no driver doing 80mph down the road with his arm out the passenger window....

Then you say 'Holy Crap"............

Old 03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JasonC
expecually considering the location... even with traffic during the week.. it should be less than an hour from north county or chula vista...
exactly. Thats kinda the point i was trying to make when i said that these dollars have been up for grabs too long. I wasnt trying too say that FHR isnt legit or cant draw a croud, I was just looking at it form the perspective of a new racer. To the kid rippin around on his street with a ruslter, the first day at a track can be a scary thing. I remeber my first day at the old FHR last winter and i was shaking ad hoping that i wasnt messing it up for other people practicing. If it hadnt been for billy and dave telling me to go out on the track i wouldnt have tried it. Now if that track had been in Barona, I dont know if i would have never tried it and i would still be in my back yard bashing. Im not trying to rag on barona or the distance, I just think that for all the bashers in clairmont encinitas poway, the drive can be a hard sell. But i think that if we can put a track - any track any scale - 15 minutes away from them, we might get more people to take that first step into racing. If they are anything like me (or us) after that first day the drive to Barona will be a pleasure. Those are the dollars that are up for grabs for all teh tracks and all the hobby shops. This growth is the only way this market can be sustained abd thats why im excited about the new track. I really see this as an opportinity to expand the market for all the tracks by getting more newbies to start racing. I cant thank Billy and Dave enough for their intro to the sport, and I would hope that we all keep our first experiences at a track in mind when we see new faces at new tracks
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

can i say track one more time............ track!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I know I said it, but I would rather it to be a 1/8th scale gas track personnally. I think it would prosper more as that is truly were the mass'es are. It is the biggest class. But, whatever you think needs to be done. Do it. My opinoin is 1/8th scale off-road. Like Pound-it said. A decision really needs to be made, if that is 2 tracks/on and off road, then be it. I guess it can always change if it doesn't work out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.