R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default keep your mouth shut

You know who you are.
KEEP your mouth shut.
You know nothing about buisness. If this guy gets the correct help it can work. However, that is the BIG question the correct help. Who knows if he really listens to the masses and creates a SMOOTH and timely running program he might have a chance.

P.S. Don't think about wooden ramps. VERY bad idea.
RCINSIDER.COM
Special"ED" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #62
Tech Adept

what happened to otter pop ,otter got his tounge
fred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #63
Tech Adept

he is currently eating otter pops
otter pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #64
Tech Adept

im going to get mitch to beat you up ed
otter pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter pop View Post
im going to get mitch to beat you up ed
uh how about not keegan.
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this guy now says he morgaged his house dude... that was the first,of the biggest mistakes,you did. lets see if i can pump more info? wooden ramps? did you bump your head?i think your goin the wrong way already.
J.KiSSINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #67
Tech Adept

revedup what is the address of the facility,how are you going to let us know when the doors are open,where will u advertise?
fred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All this negative talk is exactly why this track might fail....not because of how he does this track. How is this guy supposed to be enthusiastic about opening a track when there are a bunch negative jerks coming on here putting down what he is trying to do. I dont see anyone else besides Billy-Ho (Barona) doing anything about the S.D. off road scene. Its hard enough to run any type of business as it is. But without the support of racers, a track is doomed right from the start. If you dont want to support what he's trying to do, then keep your mouth shut and off this thread. If cant give tips, ideas, and info that can help this track be the way it should be then stay off this thread.

Good luck, I hope you can do the track the way it needs to be to stay open and successful.

I still think you should stick with electric only though. Do half of it on-road, and the other half 1/18 and 1/10 off road. The fumes are still going to be a problem I think, even with those fans.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #69
Tech Rookie

i know that mortgaging my home is a huge huge risk but if i wanted the investors to give me capital i had to show them i was willing to risk my own money too.... also i want to thank those that are keeping a positive outlook on this...

what did you guys think about that track surface?

after some deliberation i have decided to run on-road indoors as well by making the off-road track smaller length wise .... suggestions on a surface???

i will still run nitro off-roads but i will run them in the off weeks from FHR and it is my understanding you are waiting for the circle track guys to approach you with a schedule before you can announce yours.

as i said before it was never my intention to try to steal your racers in any way i just want to provide a place run that closer to home of us that wont get rained out ever.

any suggestions please send them my way.
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #70
Tech Elite

I would go asphalt for the on road surface. The dust from the off road track would wreak havoc on a carpet track I would think. So Cal was asphalt on-road.

Just out of curiosity.....are you already permitted for this? You dont have the keys yet (not for another 2 weeks according to what you said) But all the "plans" are in place. To run nitro, I would think that you would have to have had the fans in place and operable to even get permitted. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to get the permits.

You are talking about being ready at the beginning of April. I cant see having the track surfaces in place, drivers stand, pit tables, eletrical outlets, etc, etc, etc ready in a two week time frame. Even with "8 pairs of hands"........ Unless you have everything already built by then, so that you only have to move stuff in and do assmebly/detail work.

Not trying to put down whats happening, just trying get a realistic view of everything. Dont want to see people get too excited and then be let down because you didnt open when you said. Hope all goes as planned....

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #71
Tech Adept

Asphalt would be the ideal surface for on-road and did you say OVAL? That would be sweet.

If this all works out I see a return of 12th scale back in San Diego.

So good luck and keep us updated.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #72
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDupraceway View Post
i know that mortgaging my home is a huge huge risk but if i wanted the investors to give me capital i had to show them i was willing to risk my own money too.... also i want to thank those that are keeping a positive outlook on this...

what did you guys think about that track surface?

after some deliberation i have decided to run on-road indoors as well by making the off-road track smaller length wise .... suggestions on a surface???

i will still run nitro off-roads but i will run them in the off weeks from FHR and it is my understanding you are waiting for the circle track guys to approach you with a schedule before you can announce yours.

as i said before it was never my intention to try to steal your racers in any way i just want to provide a place run that closer to home of us that wont get rained out ever.

any suggestions please send them my way.
Glad you are opting for a little on-road too- notice how all the on road guys have been very supportive of you even though you were building an off road track

Will be tough though fitting both into one place but if you have room definitely go the asphalt route. So Cal racers are just way more into asphalt then they are carpet racing. On the off road nights you could lay carpet over the asphalt and let people pit there without spilling dirt all over the asphalt. On on road days us asphalt racers could pit on the sidewalks outside if there's no room- it's ok we're used to it

... unless you have room for pits up stairs.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #73
Tech Rookie

I'm gonna put my 2 cents worth and say asphalt if you were going to have on-road also.

It would be great if you could have the track support nitro on-road too, if you were planning to have nitro off-road indoors, nitro on-road indoors would be cool too
Driftmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #74
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Asphalult would be Great....... ( with islands like at tamiya would be off the hook)

if you thinking carpet, i would hit up T-web, i know he have a few rolls of Near New Carpet..
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Glad you are opting for a little on-road too- notice how all the on road guys have been very supportive of you even though you were building an off road track

Will be tough though fitting both into one place but if you have room definitely go the asphalt route. So Cal racers are just way more into asphalt then they are carpet racing. On the off road nights you could lay carpet over the asphalt and let people pit there without spilling dirt all over the asphalt. On on road days us asphalt racers could pit on the sidewalks outside if there's no room- it's ok we're used to it

... unless you have room for pits up stairs.
The original plan he had up was for a 190 x 55 track size. If he split the length in half, then you could have two tracks that are approx 90 x 55 each. Plenty big enough for some good racing. Especially if it offers TWO different opportunities to race.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 03-03-2008 at 03:08 PM.