R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Best of luck to you. I hope to run on your track when in San Diego. Your plans look great!
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #47
Tech Regular

My advice...keep it Drama Free! Barona's core competency or focus is 1/8 scale Nitro. 1/10 electrics have the privilage of running there, and it is a pretty cool challenge to be able to run those smaller R/C's there.

But it sounds like you can offer something that is more focused towards 1/10 electric...which would give yet smaller scales like 1/16 or 1/18 a place to run and another venue for 1/8 scales...but still Barona can be the premier site for 1/8 nitro.

Grow the scene don't fracture it! If you're able to run Nitro at all in your indoor facility do it on weekends that don't conflict with Barona.

San Diego sure isn't saturated with R/C tracks, so teaming with other folks locally in the industry makes sense for everyone.

Now as a customer, I just don't want to have to spend all kinds of money on all kinds of different memberships...ya know what I'm talking about?
DARKWAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Last edited by otter pop; 03-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.
otter pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter pop View Post
if you think you are going to run 1/8 and 1/18 on the same track you dont know any thing about rc or you have to patch all the holes in between every race so you could atleast drive a 1/18

you know what you guys could do you could run onroad cars on the off road track that sounds like a good idea

Why do have to be such an a-hole If you dont want to support one more track in San Diego that will allow you to race MORE OFTEN, then keep your mouth shut....

Lets see, race more than once a week, race EVERY WEEK, race WHEN ITS RAINING, race more than once a week.......seems like a good deal to me if it works out.

I havent been able to go to Barona since its opened......schedule has never worked to my advantage either with work or other important stuff. Or, its rained out.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKWAV View Post
My advice...keep it Drama Free! Barona's core competency or focus is 1/8 scale Nitro. 1/10 electrics have the privilage of running there, and it is a pretty cool challenge to be able to run those smaller R/C's there.

But it sounds like you can offer something that is more focused towards 1/10 electric...which would give yet smaller scales like 1/16 or 1/18 a place to run and another venue for 1/8 scales...but still Barona can be the premier site for 1/8 nitro.

Grow the scene don't fracture it! If you're able to run Nitro at all in your indoor facility do it on weekends that don't conflict with Barona.

San Diego sure isn't saturated with R/C tracks, so teaming with other folks locally in the industry makes sense for everyone.

Now as a customer, I just don't want to have to spend all kinds of money on all kinds of different memberships...ya know what I'm talking about?

I totally agree with this
I think it would be a good idea to focus on smaller scale electrics. I just really dont think its possible to run 18th and 8th on the same track. It is also very very important to work with the schedules of other tracks - especially in this community.
When you work around other track schedules i think its important to keep in mind that guys dont like to run their stuff more than weekly - it just takes too much time for maintenance and too much money for parts and track fees.

Im just a local racer and san diego tracks are all i know and have time for.
And on that note - I would really like to see carpet and 8th scale onroad move into san diego. Again i think it would be best to focus on what isnt already offered here becasue thats best for everybody and the industry.
I dont wanna sound like a duesch - but I am a microeconomics major, and I can tell you now that no one in this market would benefit form direct competition
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to J.JOHNSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrace View Post
Whoa dude.....why so negative??? I would expect someone from Santee....just a few minutes from this new track to be supportive. If this happens this will be awesome for San Diego RC Racing.
whoa dude...did u miss the "good luck" part???
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #52
Tech Adept

revdupraceway,first goodluck i am not a offroad racer i would rather you b telling me you were opening a onroad track.but i will still support rc racing on or off road it all in the family.were exactly in miramar is this going to be located?maybe i will have to buy offroad car?fumes does sound like problem i don't like them at all.do what you have in your mind it's you dream not there's(the neg. people),and if there is anyway i can help please feel free to contact me anytime i live in s.d. and work in kearny mesa very close.i still wish you will open a on road track i will also help fund that.
fred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.JOHNSON View Post
whoa dude...did u miss the "good luck" part???
I was just asking you a question....no need to get bitter. I wasn't the only one to catch your obvious "good luck" sarcasm. Anyways I hope to be racing with you someday in a San Diego Indoor track....even if this doesn't work out.
revrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #54
Tech Master

Last edited by Mitch P.; 03-02-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all,

Just to be clear, Impakt RC / Tekno RC is not in any way affiliated with Rev'd Up Raceway. We have been asked some questions and have answered to the best of our ability, but we are not making decisions nor do we have any vested interest in this venture. We are completely independent and need to remain unaffiliated since we race and do testing at various facilities in San Diego and neighboring counties. Of course we'd like to see more RC interest in San Diego, so best of luck with this!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'll believe it when i see it...this guy says his investers have deep pockets... i've met a few guys like that in my life,in order for them to give big $$$ they expect big $$$. thats why they invest... to me it sounds like a gamble. and this guy will be six feet deep if it don't work. sorry im just one guy with an opinion. on the other hand kudos if it works.
J.KiSSINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #57
Tech Adept

Last edited by otter pop; 03-02-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Last edited by otter pop; 03-02-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #59
Tech Rookie

Quote:
revdupracer how was beating all the 1/10 scale cars with your 1/18 on an eighth scale track

looks like you have said one thing that didnt hold up in real life
the fact of the matter is the track was just not as smooth as i thought it would be. i didnt come to the track to cause drama i wanted to try and race to see if an 18 was capable of racing on the track i have never attepted to race an 18 before ....i didnt come up there plugging a track im building, i was negative in no way.

obviously otterpop has some kind of beef or something with my that i dont know of. there is no need to bad mouth people if you have something to say be professional and do it through the proper channels please...oh and appologies to impakt rc/tekno rc i didnt mean for that to come across like we were affiliated in some way.

what i ment was that i was asking them as racers what they would like to see in an indoor track in the area.....

OK now that that is out of the way .... here is a link to a vid of the type of surface i will be using http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCPaWx0xoZw&feature=related

for those that wonder how i will run 8th and 18's on the same track easy removable wooden ramps and they will only race on the smoother center section of the track.

that way when the 18's are done we pull the ramps off to the side then the 10's and 8's can run
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #60
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.KiSSINGER View Post
i'll believe it when i see it...this guy says his investers have deep pockets... i've met a few guys like that in my life,in order for them to give big $$$ they expect big $$$. thats why they invest... to me it sounds like a gamble. and this guy will be six feet deep if it don't work. sorry im just one guy with an opinion. on the other hand kudos if it works.
all i will say is that i have investors and i mortgaged my house for the rest so it will have to work. so ya your right if it doesnt work im screwed but you know what sometimes you have to take a chance in life. I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter pop View Post
i think that every body should support there local track that is not just a fantasy. fhr for life the only way i would get back into electric off road is if it was at barona.
I never had any intentions if taking racers from FHR at all i have not set any race days or hours because i want to see what everyone else is doing first.

Quote:

the only membership fee that i can foresee is the ROAR fee and it will include a free race.
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote