R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

wow - how did i miss this. Only been racing a few of months, but i always thought SD had the market to support something legit. Those dollars have been up for grabs to long - nice to see someone finally capitallizing on it.

I race 10thscale gas and electric at Barona right now and its the only track ive ever known. You seem to know what you are doing, but I think i would have a hard time racing my rc18t on a 1/8th track. maybe if you changed the layout on different days and had tammer infeild sections for 18th and 10th, and like mike said - run those on differetn days that 1/8th

something ive noticed at barona is the track conditions created by 8th scale racing seemed to push away the hardcore 10th scalers. I hate to see another track go for all the classes and then just turn into an 8th scale track. I dont mind at all and ill race any car on any surface, but I dont know if its the same for more serious racers.

Also i second the request for onroad, there are a alot of aonroad electric guys here and a permenant track could also bring in the dough
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #32
Tech Adept

This is very interesting. Hope it works out.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

I truely hope this track opens. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be there. I would also be willing to lend a helping hand in order to get this ball rolling faster. If you would like some help please PM me and I will help out as much as possible.
nicker619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default On Road Carpet Track

Yes, I have the carpet in almost new condition, 4 races on it. We can get the Hot Bodies Underground to do a race in SD.

Money Race ! !
Tweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So, is there any more info about this deal? Website? Hours of operation? On site hobby shop? Planned racing schedule? Planned practice schedule? Who the person is thats jumping into this head first? Just curious.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #36
Tech Regular

1/18 scale? I like that idea. Definitely gives folks not wanting to make an investment in Nitro another class to be able to run while being easier on the wallet!
DARKWAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #37
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
So, is there any more info about this deal? Website? Hours of operation? On site hobby shop? Planned racing schedule? Planned practice schedule? Who the person is thats jumping into this head first? Just curious.
I'm currently working on the site i assume it will be done before i open .... but i would rather focus on opening ... im a nobody in essence in the RC racing world...when i lived in chicago i raced quite a bit and then i bought an 18t for my son ....and im hooked again but there is nowhere to race and i hate driving to barona heh. so i figured if i could get 200k of other peoples money together i would make my own... i threw a business plan together with estimated market projections had four meetings and blamo i had my money to start.

but thats not what you guys wanna hear...im open for sugestions on race nights race hours and there will be a scaled by the hour practice time in between all suggestions for hours and race days and time send me an email at [email protected].

and if you wonder who i am ..ill be at barona sat for the races

if i decided i want to go largerand make an onroad track ill take the next building my investors have deep pockets so the ammenities will be there ....but for now im just going to handle the track the saftey stuff the parts counter then get you guys in the door while my rent is still free lol ....

email me if ya have any more [email protected]

Last edited by RevDupraceway; 03-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Cool...............be looking forward to coming out. As far as scheduling, it would be great to TRY and work around other existing schedules of tracks so that there would be a possibility of racing maybe 4-5 times a week like it was in the old days around San Diego.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #39
Tech Adept

I dont want to sound like I am throwing rocks. But Pics of the future site would be a little nice. I mean I have heard this story countless times over of people saying the same. I have been in R/C for over 20yrs now.

Dont get me wrong... if you build they will come and like Steve said racing 4-5 nights a week! I remember racing with my pops in the golden day of r/c here. That would be awesome to do it again.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

This would be awsome!

You have PM.
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to J.JOHNSON

good luck pal...doubt it happens...and if it does happen...good luck keeping drivers happy when people have to lean over in front of each other to see the sides of the track...should be interesting dodging pillars too
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.JOHNSON View Post
good luck pal...doubt it happens...and if it does happen...good luck keeping drivers happy when people have to lean over in front of each other to see the sides of the track...should be interesting dodging pillars too
Whoa dude.....why so negative??? I would expect someone from Santee....just a few minutes from this new track to be supportive. If this happens this will be awesome for San Diego RC Racing.
revrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.JOHNSON View Post
Disregard this jacka....! The track hasn't even been developed and this POS is already haten. Don't worry you will have my support and I am sure serveral others. Don't let one jacka.. bring you down.
nicker619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Last edited by otter pop; 03-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.
otter pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Last edited by otter pop; 03-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.
otter pop is offline   Reply With Quote