R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #286
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC25000 View Post
Revdup, give us an update! Or someone who knows him, give him a quick 2 minute call and ask for any updates you can give us cuz clearly he's too busy to get on here and tell us himself!

well here is the deal i beleive that i have found a space but after all the negativity that ensued last time i posted any dates ...i will not be releasing an opening date as of right now but the company is well on its way .....as for changing of plans ...there will not be nitro in this facility C.A.R.B. wont allow it fumes are too hazarduos in an enclosed space they say. i have been super busy trying to get things going so ill get back to you guys later in the week ....sorry for the delay.
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDupraceway View Post
well here is the deal i beleive that i have found a space but after all the negativity that ensued last time i posted any dates ...i will not be releasing an opening date as of right now but the company is well on its way .....as for changing of plans ...there will not be nitro in this facility C.A.R.B. wont allow it fumes are too hazarduos in an enclosed space they say. i have been super busy trying to get things going so ill get back to you guys later in the week ....sorry for the delay.
Thanks for the small update, revdup.

Just ignore those douche kids, they have no idea what an undertaking this kind of project is, especially when their parents hand them everything.

Do we get to know the location, or at least a general area?

Is there a possibility for both off road and on road racing?

If there's a possibility for on road, will it be indoors or out in the parking lot?

If it's indoors, are we looking at carpet or asphalt?
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice to hear RevDup........... YGPM

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Thanks for the heads up RevDup. Sounds like everything is progressing rather smoothly.

Cant wait to check out the track once it is open and I get a chance to get back to San Diego.

Very interested to hear about what you decided to do about on-road vs. off-both vs. both.

I just bought an Mi3 and need to decide whether I want to get build a 1/8 scale 4wd electric buggy or a 1/10 4wd electric buggy. Would prefer 1/10 scale but it all depends on where I can race.

Chirag
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #290
Tech Rookie

for a while there it was strictly going to be onroad .......but after much deliberation i have decided to run an off-road track as well...

to those that want to know a location or a general area i wont be releasing that until i have keys in hand,though i am trying to keep t in the Miramar area i don't want anymore fall backs. as of right now i am playing with other peoples money, and i dont really know what another delay will do to me.

i will say that as of right now my main concern is a hobby shop ... a wise man recently told me that a shop can survive without a track but a track on the other hand will never survive without a hobby shop. and with so many shops in the SD county area horizon is giving me a hard time...it is up to them realistically. otherwise i will have to pursue other options.

another thing i want to start on is pricing im thinking a 20 $ first entry 10$ second entry system will be what we go with. and for practice time im thinking 5$ per hour or 20$ for the day.

the indoor track will most defiantly be asphalt, though we will still run carpet once a month unless there is a huge demand for carpet then it will be more fre4quent.

so if you have more questions send them my way here on the forums or email me at [email protected]
RevDupraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Not to stick my foot in my mouth, but I may be....

Why in the crap don't you guys and Ampdraw combine forces? They're already near you, and granted, they just moved, but seriously, it would be in both your best interests to combine forces, they provide the hobby shop part, you provide the track/building part. At least, it makes sense to me.. Otherwise, if you do start a shop, you'll get part of their business, and they'll get part, maybe, of your business, and you'll both make less money and risk the chance of going under.

How about, on race days, free practice? Or, free practice after you pay your entry fee. Something along those lines.
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #292
Tech Elite

I dont think an hourly rate for practice will work well. It will be kind of hard to police the times. I would do it a half day rate for say $8 and a full day rate for $15 at the most. If you pay for practice on a race day, it would apply towards your race entry fee. $20 and $10 for race fees sounds good to me.

RevDup, did you get my PM? Just curious.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #293
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hourly rate sounds bad to be as well. It takes an hour to setup and charge your first battery. Having someone on patrol to enforce it will suck as well.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups

Last edited by Casper; 04-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

I dont give a s**t when it opens as long as it does
Old 04-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #295
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
I dont give a s**t when it opens as long as it does
Aint that the Truth
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #296
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Fow show
Old 04-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #297
Tech Elite

+1 Looking forward to hearing more news......

Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #298
Tech Regular

Any news yet?????
revrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #299
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #300
Tech Rookie