Send a message via AIM to oMONSTERo Send a message via Yahoo to oMONSTERo
Default A few of us around Central Mississippi

We're working on a track around the Starkville, MS area. We are running:
NITRO -
Monster Trucks (1/10, 1/8)
Stadium Trucks (1/10)

ELECTRIC -
Stadium Trucks (1/10)
Touring Cars 4WD (1/10) - (Parking Lots)
Touring Cars 2WD (1/10)

There are a couple of Mini Guys, but we'd be glad to have anyone.

We do Paintball also.
oMONSTERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

what is the address of your track and when do you guys run?There's four of us from Tupelo.thanks mark
MUCK 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Well

We're just getting the Track the way we want it, its still very much a work in progress. We're about to start adding actual Dirt jumps and smoothing out the Oval part. We have just a little bit more Piping to lay down and have the stuff to build a Drivers Stand. Heres a pic of what we're working with right now.

There are at least 3 of us here most EVERY w/end, a LOT of the time BOTH days (Sat and Sun). Sometimes there are as many as 6 or 7. And we get a new guy into it every once in a while. We started out on Electric 2WD Stadium Trucks (still probably my favorite), but we've been running Nitro MONSTER Trucks a good bit lately. Although, the Stadium Trucks have been making a little "comeback". We go to Lowes in Starkville sometime (have plans to run there on a "regular basis) so we can run Touring Cars too, but the weather just hasnt cooperated lately.

What do you guys run, and where are you running and or bashing now?

Im going to throw you a PM in a minute.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Are you guys still getting together on the weekends? Did you ever finish this track? I would like to come over and run with you all.
Thanks
RebelDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Default We're "here"

We're "here", just in a "slump" of sorts. Theres only 2 of heres every w/end now, but have found a couple New Faces (one Guy just opened a Hobby Shop in Caledonia even). We CAN put together a Bashing/Racing Session just about anytime though.
Im sending you a PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Since I am new I can't respond to your PM. I don't think I can come over this weekend. Can you give me directions to the track? I work in the Starkville/Columbus area from time to time. I will give you a call once I figure out when I can ride over.
RebelDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Tech Regular

If you come to Starkville using Hwy82, you actually pass about 5-7 miles from the Track. If you cant read my PM, drop me an e-mail (monster at vcmails . com), and we can exchange Phone numbers, then the next time you're heading this way, I can guide you in.

It does look like we are going to have a few Guys running this w/end. Probably between 3 and 6 people. Should be fun. Wish you could make it.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Tech Regular

By the way, if you have Yahoo Messenger, Im AutomagToo on there.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Default Mississippi

Has to be some Central Mississippi Guys in here somewhere, sometime.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Central Ms...

There are a couple of forums on here with some guys from central Ms. Go to the search and type in Flowood Off-Road Racing and see if that helps.
CRUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Default Where to race?

I just moved to Tupelo last August. I'm looking for a place for me and my son to race. We raced all the time before we had to move.

Any help locating a track within a couple hours of Tupelo would be appreciated.
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Default Jackson/Flowood

I believe they run pretty regular down at Flowood (a little more than 2 hours from you). I havent been to the Track, but have been to both shops, and everyone was nice.

As for Our Track (about an hour from you), its still there, but we've been real slow lately. Ive been wrenchin on RC more than anything. Too dang cold to go outside!!!! hehe Give us a call (or PM, E-mail, whatever) sometime, and Im sure we can set up a Bashing Session with a few folks. We'll see what we do with the Track once it warms up a bit!!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You guys need to come run with us in Flowood sometime...the track has been redone and it looks awesome, as well as the addition of a dirt oval. Unfortunately we have been rained out twice now for opening weekend but we are going to try to run a "rainout race" next weekend. The weekend after that is the first race in the MS/LA points series, and we will also be hosting some races for the new RC Pro Series Mid-South division. We also have something in the works for the onroad guys...Lee at Nitro Toys and Hobbies is relocating his store and will also have indoor onroad racing. CRC Fasttrack HD carpet, 80x36 layout with pit tables and built-in AC power for around 30 drivers. All of this is GREAT news for Mississippi RC racers and we want to get all of the local support we can for these tracks because that is what keeps them going. If any of you guys have questions feel free to PM me here or call Lee (601-992-1353). More info is also available on the Trackseekers website in my sig, including schedules, classes, etc.

-rocky b

Last edited by flatspunout; 03-14-2009 at 05:05 AM.
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks for the Invite!!! We've been wanting to come down there for a while. Weve only run on one "Real Track" before, over in Tuscaloosa, before they closed it up. So, we really want to just come watch a Real Race Day before we work up the courage to actually "clog up the traffic".
I came down there 2 or 3 years ago and went to Small Cars (closed a couple months before though. Went to Hobby Town, then went down to Nitro Toys and Hobbies, and wound up spending a couple hours just hangin out and talkin with Lee while the Family went shopping. I happen to catch a glimpse of an old RC10 Gold Pan up on his shelf, and just couldnt leave. Im kinda into the Vintage Stuff right now, mostly AE so far, but have a few others, here and there, in various stages of "disrepair". .

I would LOVE to start actually Racing. Im REALLY tired of just playin around. Its the MAin reason Ive mostly just been Building/Restoring the Cars I have (around 30). Hopefully we can get down there SOON.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Definitely come check us out and bring some friends with you...like I said the complete 09 schedule is posted on the trackseekers site, and more dates will probably be added once the oval is up and running. Make sure you introduce yourself when you make it down, I'll be the guy with the mic in my hand more than a transmitter as I have wandered more to the onroad side as far as racing, but I enjoy running the scoring system and calling the races for the offroad guys. Tell everyone you know who is into RC...the facility is really nice and is constantly being improved upon, and I feel like it is just as nice as anywhere in the southeast, especially since Nitro Toy's new location is less than a mile from the track so parts availability won't be a problem. Look forward to seeing you at the track!

Pic of the new layout:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lefora-attac...3/DSC01337.JPG

and since you enjoy the vintage cars here's one for ya....my current project and first hobby-grade RC, circa 1986! It was a GOOD year

-rocky b

Last edited by flatspunout; 03-17-2009 at 10:12 PM.
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote