Wiki Posts
Search

Lancaster, PA Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Lancaster, PA Anyone?

Anyone interested in racing come spring, or better yet have venue/idea for something indoors????
Old 12-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

not sure how far you wanna drive, but we race every monday night, indoor carpet.Touring car, and stadium trucks.Where about 45 minutes up 322 from harrisburg... www.richfieldracers.com
Old 01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

what class do you want to race? in mount joy we have outdoor offroad from spring till fall. down at the buck there is outdoor offroad spring till fall. in Kennet square Pa, there is outdoor nitro and electric touring spring till fall, in fredrick Md, we have indoor asphalt touring year round, and in Horsham Pa, they are trying to get indoor carpet touring back up and running again.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to race TC onroad asphalt or carpet, but Fredrick MD and Horsham are a bit too far to consider, Kenett also... I heard about some guys running asphalt at a Vo-Tech in Brownstown. If anyone has any info let me Know.

Also if anyone Local to Lanco ( I am in New Holland ) want's to get something going, lets talk. Thanks AL Mohr
Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtherbe
I would like to race TC onroad asphalt or carpet, but Fredrick MD and Horsham are a bit too far to consider, Kenett also... I heard about some guys running asphalt at a Vo-Tech in Brownstown. If anyone has any info let me Know.

Also if anyone Local to Lanco ( I am in New Holland ) want's to get something going, lets talk. Thanks AL Mohr
I'll say it again...Were only abot 40 minutes up 322 from harrisburg. Indoor TC carpet every monday starting at 6:30ish. You can rent transponders also..
Old 01-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

i tried running there, but the inconsistancy in turnout (sometimes no one shows up for weeks), and no official way to time the cars, just frustrated me. if you want to just drive around some cones with some other guys by all means show up on nice sat or sun afternoons around noon till 3pm. i like to run at properly organized and timed events. if you would like to join my friends and i at one of the more distant tracks we can provide transportation if thats the problem. there really isnt anything around lancaster for organized touring car racing within a 15min drive. which is what it seems your looking for.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I understand you are looking for local, but the 19th we have a big event planned for touring cars. There will be a 27 and 19 turn class. Check out our website for more info, we use track mate lap timing system. It is a serious event with some very competitive field of racers. Come check it out.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Your best bet would be "The Mushroom Bowl." Either that or try "Blue Diamond Rc Raceway." Finally the last resort would be Frederick for a indoor, prepped I believe asphalt track. I heard it's really nice and all. Never been there but I'll have to make it down there sometime soon!

If going to the bowl take Rt41 it's just around the bend and outside Kennth Square. Your looking at a 1-2hr drive depending on location. The have a small but consistant turnout for electric weekly. Just a bunch of locals plus a few guys from Nj, DE and Philly and mainly that's it. Blue Diamond has a good turnout for Nitro and even has a class of 1/8 scale and electric 19/mod touring.

Hope that helps-

http://www.mushroombowl.com
http://www.bluediamondpark.com
http://www.htufrederickmd.com/RCraces.htm
Old 01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah we run at Richfield 10+ TC and 7-10 Stadium trucks. It's free to race on Monday nights. WE only charge on cash races.

Come check us out sometime.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the outreach.Though I would really like to see if I can garner enough interest and support to get something going around the Lancaster area, so I will keep watching and bumping the thread. If anyone is interested In TC in Lancaster, PA area post HERE Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

I applaud your initiative. but TC ranks are pretty thin as it is. i know a lot of the guys from jersey all the way to harrisburg, and there just isnt a large enough group of guys in lancaster. those that are here travel to the tracks youve already been told about.

i would like to hear specifically what you are looking for though. you have had responses from strictly racers. and yet you sound like you want to do something serious at brownstown vo-tech. i know for a fact that is not a venue for RACING. do you just want to drive your touring car around a parking lot with some other guys, or do you want to actually race it? there is a difference, and either answer is perfectly ok. what are your reasons for not traveling to an established race track?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Chris I did leave you a message about the Sidewinder on your cell. I see places are selling them for under 130 bucks which to me for brushless system is freaking cheap. I have been running my 5700 every week at Bumps and can't really use all the power it has. I'm sure I can easily go just as fast with my 4600 at Bumps. For 4wd I would do the 5700 or since the new updates are out on Castles website you could find a used Mamba Max and then run the updates in the speedo to have the same software as the Sidewinder plus run up to the 7700 motor then. Either way the new software is very nice and smooth.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Corradopsi, I would really like to be able to race carpet indoors, but yes it seems like TC is on the thin side around here. I am adverse to traveling mainly because I put alot of miles on the road, to and from work, last thing I want to do is hop in a car for more than an hour to go race, I have other interests like r/c flight which I do out of a large field behind my house,(zero travel) leaving a couple time a week for several hours would keep me away from my familly more than I would like.
Just looking to stimulate some interest, would be nice in an ideal sense, to have a good local hobby store (Winkies,hint) to host some racing.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Corradopsi, I would really like to be able to race carpet indoors, but yes it seems like TC is on the thin side around here. I am adverse to traveling mainly because I put alot of miles on the road, to and from work, last thing I want to do is hop in a car for more than an hour to go race, I have other interests like r/c flight which I do out of a large field behind my house,(zero travel) leaving a couple time a week for several hours would keep me away from my familly more than I would like.
Just looking to stimulate some interest, would be nice in an ideal sense, to have a good local hobby store (Winkies,hint) to host some racing.
fact of the matter is that Winkies, is nothing but a toy store. I really hope i dont come across as brash or ignorant. but im from lancaster, and i share your interest in carpet touring racing. ive also been racing in this area for a number of years now and know who races what, and where they do it. it sounds to me like you really need to open up to the idea of offroad. we have 2 GREAT tracks in the area. also, racing doesnt need be something just for you either, if you have kids the right age, they can also be included in the fun.

Pit Stop Hobbies, in mount joy, is mainly a 10th scale size track, but they will run any class with at least 3 participants. This year, the "local crew" has decided it will be the year of 4WD mod buggy. last year we focused on 2WD mod buggy. a few of us also bring our kids out to race novice class.

Xtreame R/C. is down south of the buck at Mussers shopping center. That is the local 1/8th scale track. its big, rough, long lap times, and barrels of fun.

you can PM me if you want any suggestions, or would like any info about different local classes.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well if your not willing to travel you won't be racing touring car anywhere unless you get lucky to get a few guys to pal around with you. Your just not in the area to run touring unless you are willing to travel. Closest thing for you is PitStop hobbies for offroad in Mt Joy. Mushroom Bowl in Kennet Square would be the other place to go. You can run touring on the asphalt in the summer. Indoors they run 1/12th and mini's.

Touring car is my favorite racing and been doing it from 1998 from the Harrisburg area and I travel from 1 hour minimum to 2 plus hours to race.

Good luck in your effort.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.