Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING >

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ### cones

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I like the numbered cones idea, quick and easy for Dan to see who isn't out there. And we definitely need as many turn marshals as possible with this new layout. The right side of the track with its narrower lanes and switchbacks caused some chaos, and there wasn't a marshal spot there so no one stood by it. The closest person was at least 20ft away.
I'm down for the longer mains as long as they are all lengthened, sportsman, expert, and pro. The 10th scale guys should get longer ones too, if they can do it. If not, and they only get 10min or less for their A-mains, maybe they should get a bit of a price drop (If that's the only class they are racing). No reason they should pay the same for less track time.
whats up fellas...i am out of peoria arizona and the NITRO PIT does the same thing with their mashalling cones and it helped tremendously for keeping track of whos there and whos not...

we also have a drivers meeting before every race just like one of the posts i read had mentioned doing...

great idea it works really well....see you guys in a couple of weeks when i hook up with Joey and Aaron from the dirt in Hemet and see my folks in Fallbrook...

theres a couple pics from the nitro challenge you can see the cones they use for marshalling spots...

Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

longer mains would be cool but what about us running electric? i can make 15 min easy but will not make 20 min(i don't think). also i turn marshall as much as i can even if it is not the race right after mine. i am new to racing but understand when we need help on the track and i am always willing to marshall. IMO the numbered cones would be an awesome idea. ALSO PEOPLE NEED TO SLOW DOWN COMING INTO PIT LANE! ya dan has said it, but last weekend i was pitting for an electric and when i threw it back down some guy aired up pit lane and missed my head by about 3mm(according to zac), i am no short guy ether. the thing that pissed me off was the guy didn't even stop to pit and dan said nothing "like slow it down in the pits guys". an 8 pound buggy into my head at 30 mph = me on the ground with brain damage at least. so please don't haul ass threw the pit lane because i don't want anybody to be eating through a straw because somebody was trying to save half a second.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

it's hard coming to a new track and finding people help turn marshal when you have to pit for your buddy in B2B races. I have tried asking people around me if they can help marshal for me but everyone is "too busy". I try to volunteer in the next race or two to make up for it.

I may need some help this weekend. Anyone want to volunteer?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All great ideas. It really just comes down to those that race, all know that part of racing is marshaling. It's no secret. We also know that we marshal after our race. If you are in the last race, you marshal the first. We all get that. We just need to practice it.

Dan does a great job. He is considerate, if people need a few extra minutes. We just need to return the favor when he is asking for the marshals to get out to the track.

iphatbob- Keep asking around. It's true that some people might be busy, but most are willing to help out if you are in a pinch. The main thing is, to think ahead, and ask early. If you wait till the race is about to start, i can see getting a little more resistance.

Longer mains for sure. Maybe they should tier down depending on class. Pro-Xpert-Sportsman-etc. This may encourage people to move up a class as they get better. I have raced Sportsman, and I know that when i first started, I dont know/think that me, or my car, could have lasted 20-25 minutes on the track. Those that can.. well, maybe it would be time for them to move up a class.. Just a thought.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

The electric racers can run the long mains, they just will have to change a battery for a pit stop.

I am all for longer mains. That is what I like most about gas racing. 25 to 30 minutes would be supercool. But 20 would be a step in the right direction. Also 6-7 minute qualifiers.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All great ideas! When all of us are signing up tomorrow at the track just mention to Dan that you would like to have a drivers meeting to help make the program run better for everybody. I will also talk to Dan and ask him for a drivers meeting.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Everyone,
I have been ironing out the details with Dan for a few weeks and next weekend there is going to be a pretty cool race at ARC.....here are the details. I know it is short notice, but this seemed to be the best weekend between major races.

ARC's AMP Racing Association is putting on a Nitro Bonus Race this next Saturday March 21st. There is a guaranteed Purse of $500 to be split among Sportsman ($150) Expert ($150) and Pro($200) nitro buggy only. Entry Fees will be $40 for those classes and $10 of that entry fee will also be going to the payout....back to the racers of that particular class. Here are some more notes...
-Truggy Class will be run as usual with an entry fee of $20....normal club racing only
-Electric buggy's will be in their own class with details to follow (most likely the same $40 entry as Nitro, just no "extra" bonus)
-Track will open @9:00 and racing will start @12:00. Signups will close Promptly @10:30 so all "cash" can be handled and payouts can be calculated prior to starting the race.
-This race was "sponsored" with the sole purpose of having a good time and hopefully a lot of competition will show up to see what ARC is all about.
-All of the details are not ironed out and Dan will be giving out more details tomorrow at ARC. I just wanted to start getting the word out. Tell your friends to come out, try and make some money, and have a lot of fun.

Last edited by revrace; 03-15-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revrace
Hi Everyone,
I have been ironing out the details with Dan for a few weeks and next weekend there is going to be a pretty cool race at ARC.....here are the details. I know it is short notice, but this seemed to be the best weekend between major races.

ARC's AMP Racing Association is putting on a Nitro Bonus Race this next Saturday March 21st. There is a guaranteed Purse of $500 to be split among Sportsman ($150) Expert ($150) and Pro($200) nitro buggy only. Entry Fees will be $40 for those classes and $10 of that entry fee will also be going to the payout....back to the racers of that particular class. Here are some more notes...
-Truggy Class will be run as usual with an entry fee of $20....normal club racing only
-Electric buggy's will be in their own class with details to follow (most likely the same $40 entry as Nitro, just no "extra" bonus)
-Track will open @9:00 and racing will start @12:00. Signups will close Promptly @10:30 so all "cash" can be handled and payouts can be calculated prior to starting the race.
-This race was "sponsored" with the sole purpose of having a good time and hopefully a lot of competition will show up to see what ARC is all about.
-All of the details are not ironed out and Dan will be giving out more details tomorrow at ARC. I just wanted to start getting the word out. Tell your friends to come out, try and make some money, and have a lot of fun.
I like the idea of a payout race, makes everything a lot more exciting. But if electric buggies are to be in their own class, (which is fine with me, I race electric buggy and truggy), why would we be paying the increased amount of $40 if we aren't going to be eligible for the "extra" bonus? I know you wrote details to follow but I just wanted to voice my concern.
Another option I'll throw out there is if the bonus is for the nitro drivers only, us electrics can still run with the nitros in the same class and just won't be eligible for the bonus. I know none of us will mind, (assuming we're paying $20)
Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I like the idea of a payout race, makes everything a lot more exciting. But if electric buggies are to be in their own class, (which is fine with me, I race electric buggy and truggy), why would we be paying the increased amount of $40 if we aren't going to be eligible for the "extra" bonus? I know you wrote details to follow but I just wanted to voice my concern.
Another option I'll throw out there is if the bonus is for the nitro drivers only, us electrics can still run with the nitros in the same class and just won't be eligible for the bonus. I know none of us will mind, (assuming we're paying $20)
Sorry for the confusion. The Electrics just won't get the bonus money which is the $500 extra dollars, but they will get $10 of each entry fee applied to their class so there will be a purse. The whole reason for this is to have a separate class and hopefully a lot of electrics will show up. This will create a large purse anyhow (just not the "extra" bonus). Like I said before, details are still being ironed out and I am sure that Dan is open to other ideas.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Sounds good to me. I'll be there with bells on! LOL!

So it's guaranteed purse of $200 + $10 per entry for Pro? Am I reading that right?

Tomorrow we will definately require a drivers meeting.

And no offense to the electric guys, but they need their own class only so the Nitro classes can run longer mains and still make it fair. If they want to try and run 20+ minute mains with the nitro guys I have no problem with it just to make myself clear.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Sounds good to me. I'll be there with bells on! LOL!

So it's guaranteed purse of $200 + $10 per entry for Pro? Am I reading that right?

Tomorrow we will definately require a drivers meeting.

And no offense to the electric guys, but they need their own class only so the Nitro classes can run longer mains and still make it fair. If they want to try and run 20+ minute mains with the nitro guys I have no problem with it just to make myself clear.
You are correct. There is $200 guaranteed for Pro.....probably something like $125 first, $50 second, $25 third. Then add the $10 per entry and split it percentage wise the same way as the "bonus." Basically if there are 20 pros, first could get $250, second $100 and third $50. I am not sure yet how many places will pay or how much percentage wise will be split between them.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

I like the drivers meeting idea.Mainly to remind everybody to get their ass out & marshall.NUMBERED CONES is the norm & I dont see why we havent made it happen?I want to hear cone #3 is(your name here) & we are all waiting on you.Changing cone # is ok if that guy is defective for some reason that night & Dan can keep track of that.I take my car back throw it on the charger & go marshall & I'm still the first or second guy out there WTF is that. How about we put a big sign up in the ends of the pits one says ENTER & the other end says EXIT? Nothing like someone running into pit lane against the flow revving the crap out of his car then he gets bumped & his spinning tire whacks my head or shoulder.One way in & one way out will fix that cluster @#$^.Dan has heard this from me & others before but is a little overwhelmed running the races & now we expect him to be a warden.Have a drivers meeting before races start explain the rules & we police ourselves,& Dan talking from the end of the stand while everyone works on their cars aint a meeting.Every one stops what their doing & walkes around to pit lane & listens.Some things are only as important as there made if you know what I mean. Now can any one come up with some cones to donate to start this off instead of Dan having one more thing to add to his list to get? I think of ARC as my track,maybe more than an hour from my house but my track none the less.I dont want to sound like an A-hole cuz playing with toy cars with my friends is how I relax but structure & rules is what makes the world hold together even when I'm relaxing.I dont talk to most of you at the track but I see you more than my family members that dont live in my house,we should be able to get together & improve the little things at our track that slip into the cracks. OH yea I wont be able to come out this weekend
Old 03-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

so what time are we having the meeting tomorrow?

we have cones already we just need to number them.

yes i would like to see longer mains but for us flashlight's there is not enough of use unique people to make our own class. also if we separate class's that makes at least 3 more class's that have to run,electric buggy sportsmen,intermediate ,and pro. then electric truggy sportmen, and pro. so in turn it kind of would be hard to get all those class's in. also usually the person who has the lead at the 15 min. mark would win in a 20-25 min. race they just further the gap on the rest of the field IMO.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Brandon, Thanks for the clarification.

Butchman, I agree.

Zerta, I don't agree.

Without sounding like a jerk the electrics need their own class. There are not enough to split them into 3 classes each. There needs to be Electric Buggy and Electric Truggy until the turn out for them dictates otherwise.

(One reason we run our CORR trucks only once a month right now)

Now on the tippy toe side of things.... I enjoy the competition and find it challenging to race against electrics, but I race nitro to run longer mains and qualifiers and I find it unfair to the majority to say "We can only run 15 minutes so thats what the mains need to stay at." and the great thing about Nitro racing is its unpredictability, "the person winning at 15 minutes will only stretch out their lead"..... If that was the case I would have won the Nitro Challenge this year. (as would have Jared)

Ultimately it's Dans decision and we'll just have to go from there.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Brandon, Thanks for the clarification.

Butchman, I agree.

Zerta, I don't agree.

Without sounding like a jerk the electrics need their own class. There are not enough to split them into 3 classes each. There needs to be Electric Buggy and Electric Truggy until the turn out for them dictates otherwise.

(One reason we run our CORR trucks only once a month right now)

Now on the tippy toe side of things.... I enjoy the competition and find it challenging to race against electrics, but I race nitro to run longer mains and qualifiers and I find it unfair to the majority to say "We can only run 15 minutes so thats what the mains need to stay at." and the great thing about Nitro racing is its unpredictability, "the person winning at 15 minutes will only stretch out their lead"..... If that was the case I would have won the Nitro Challenge this year. (as would have Jared)

Ultimately it's Dans decision and we'll just have to go from there.
ok, well we will see what dan thinks of this. i think he would have split us long ago if he wanted to run longer mains but i am down for anything as long as i can run my truggy there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.