TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

In all seriousness I hope Dan considers the "money race" a success. The concept is a good one and works in other venues...go karts,bmx etc. The structure of the race program is paramount in regards to its overall success, sandbaggers etc. Dan has been around awhile and will continue to tweek the program (assuming it keeps going) and will have a great ongoing event(s) if he chooses. This could grow leaps and bounds and I applaud the effort and guts it took to put on this program. My only regret is the electrics were omitted but maybe next time.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thopper
In all seriousness I hope Dan considers the "money race" a success. The concept is a good one and works in other venues...go karts,bmx etc. The structure of the race program is paramount in regards to its overall success, sandbaggers etc. Dan has been around awhile and will continue to tweek the program (assuming it keeps going) and will have a great ongoing event(s) if he chooses. This could grow leaps and bounds and I applaud the effort and guts it took to put on this program. My only regret is the electrics were omitted but maybe next time.
I don't think the electrics were really ommitted. I think they could have run with the gas classes. If run time was a concern, then motor down and de-tune the power from the speed control. Plus truggy racing was a normal class.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Great driving Saturday Don!

Congrats to all of the winners. It was awesome to see racers finally getting payback for racing the premier class in R/C.

Dan did a great job setting up the classes and keeping everything fair.

The down side was a couple of racers who pointed unjust fingers at people they knew nothing about calling them sandbaggers because they got out qualified........

I can't wait for my next chance at the "Big Money Challenge"
Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Huge thank you to Brandon Aymar and his company Aymar Engineering for sponsoring the event!

Last edited by Racecrafter; 03-23-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I don't think the electrics were really ommitted. I think they could have run with the gas classes. If run time was a concern, then motor down and de-tune the power from the speed control. Plus truggy racing was a normal class.
Pretty sure electric buggys were basically omitted. We couldn't run with the nitros according to the posted announcements for this race (a couple pages back). We were going to have to pay the higher entry for a segregated class with no chance at the extra money. We can't simply de-tune to gain an extra 33% of run time, it's more complex than that and we can't sacrifice speed and still be competitive. If we were allowed to have run with the nitros, we would have been there to boost entries. Either way, I'm happy the race was a success and I hope electrics can be included next time.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teknorc
Pretty sure electric buggys were basically omitted. We couldn't run with the nitros according to the posted announcements for this race (a couple pages back). We were going to have to pay the higher entry for a segregated class with no chance at the extra money. We can't simply de-tune to gain an extra 33% of run time, it's more complex than that and we can't sacrifice speed and still be competitive. If we were allowed to have run with the nitros, we would have been there to boost entries. Either way, I'm happy the race was a success and I hope electrics can be included next time.
I think we put a little too much thought into the "electric" class. I am pretty sure next time they will just race as they do every other club race. The idea was to include the electrics but to not have anyone upset over a possible electric advantage....hence a separate class. Either way it was a great race and I had a blast (even though I didn't really do that well). For the record the last name is spelled AYMAR....with a "Y" but not a big deal. I am definitely used to the misspelling....Barry Baker called me AGMAR at a big race I won years ago. Thanks to all that came out and raced. Congrats to Jimmy Wright for TQ in Pro-buggy and Truggy and winning Truggy....you were rediculously fast in both. I know Kyosho cars also won Sportsman Buggy (Russ) and Expert Buggy (Carson??) ....great job. Mike Luz put on a clinic in Pro-buggy as well as Don....great job to LOSI.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revrace
I think we put a little too much thought into the "electric" class. I am pretty sure next time they will just race as they do every other club race. The idea was to include the electrics but to not have anyone upset over a possible electric advantage....hence a separate class. Either way it was a great race and I had a blast (even though I didn't really do that well). For the record the last name is spelled AYMAR....with a "Y" but not a big deal. I am definitely used to the misspelling....Barry Baker called me AGMAR at a big race I won years ago. Thanks to all that came out and raced. Congrats to Jimmy Wright for TQ in Pro-buggy and Truggy and winning Truggy....you were rediculously fast in both. I know Kyosho cars also won Sportsman Buggy (Russ) and Expert Buggy (Carson??) ....great job. Mike Luz put on a clinic in Pro-buggy as well as Don....great job to LOSI.
Sounds good. I don't think there is any unfair advantage for electric, we still have to get the car around the track like everyone else . We do the pit stop as requested (it's kind of fun actually). I really think it comes down to driver skill and setup just like all racing. I race electric mostly for simplicity since I never was an engine tuning guru. Looking forward to the next race!!! Please let us know if we can help in any way. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

I really believe electrics can get more run time. I raced electric for 8 years. A lot of it was electric touring car modified. Back in the late 90's I had a big problem with run time for 4 minute races. We were using 2000 NiCads at the time. I found with a little fine tuning and mostly driving style, I was able to start making run time. Saturday's main, I pitted just once. My last fuel run was near 11 minutes. I ran out of fuel at the end of the straight, after the race was over. For the last 6 minutes of the race, I knew it would be close. So I drove the car more efficiently. Easing on throttle and letting off early. Also the rest of the track I was easing on throttle a lot less then normal. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have made it and would not have gotten 2nd place.

Look at some of the NASCAR races last year that ended up being fuel milage races. The drivers were told to let off the throttle a lot earlier going into the corners and easing the gas. Now some of those races, namely a couple won by Carl Edwards and one with Jimmie Johnson, they would have won by pure speed they each had at those races(fastest cars anyways), but since the situation turned to a fuel milage race, if they hadn't, they might of lost the race if they didn't.

Not trying to argue here, just trying to help all out. I don't care if people are running electric or not. The more racers, the better. Can the speed controls be turned down, or not? Less punch? Less over-all power? Smaller motors? Bigger capacity batteries? I just want to run longer mains.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Great driving Saturday Don!

Congrats to all of the winners. It was awesome to see racers finally getting payback for racing the premier class in R/C.

Dan did a great job setting up the classes and keeping everything fair.

The down side was a couple of racers who pointed unjust fingers at people they knew nothing about calling them sandbaggers because they got out qualified........

I can't wait for my next chance at the "Big Money Challenge"
Thanks Jimmy. You were the man Saturday. Sorry about your luck in buggy. I had a good time and it looks like it was a success of a race.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Brandon, I edited my post, sorry about hacking your name......

Thanks again for helping Dan kick this off!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I really believe electrics can get more run time. I raced electric for 8 years. A lot of it was electric touring car modified. Back in the late 90's I had a big problem with run time for 4 minute races. We were using 2000 NiCads at the time. I found with a little fine tuning and mostly driving style, I was able to start making run time. Saturday's main, I pitted just once. My last fuel run was near 11 minutes. I ran out of fuel at the end of the straight, after the race was over. For the last 6 minutes of the race, I knew it would be close. So I drove the car more efficiently. Easing on throttle and letting off early. Also the rest of the track I was easing on throttle a lot less then normal. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have made it and would not have gotten 2nd place.

Look at some of the NASCAR races last year that ended up being fuel milage races. The drivers were told to let off the throttle a lot earlier going into the corners and easing the gas. Now some of those races, namely a couple won by Carl Edwards and one with Jimmie Johnson, they would have won by pure speed they each had at those races(fastest cars anyways), but since the situation turned to a fuel milage race, if they hadn't, they might of lost the race if they didn't.

Not trying to argue here, just trying to help all out. I don't care if people are running electric or not. The more racers, the better. Can the speed controls be turned down, or not? Less punch? Less over-all power? Smaller motors? Bigger capacity batteries? I just want to run longer mains.

yes they can be turned down and most of us run them turned down already. i run a 6000mah 4 cell and i think i can make 20min with the new layout before i hit LVC then the car stops. yes we could run different motors and bigger cell batteries but i think the highest mah is 6000 with all the correct ratings. also a new motor is about $250.00-$300.00 and batteries are about the same.so thats 500.00 to get 5-10 min more.
i will test my truggy out this weekend and see what happens. on cold nights our batteries can dump, (it is kind of like nitro) when the battery is not up to a certain degrees it uses more mah to get around the track(kind of like when nitros run rich) making our run times drop. two weekends ago this happened to ryan in the pro truggy main. he was in third at the time and he dumped with 3 minutes left in a 15min main. so like i said i will see how long i can run in practice and then see what the other guy's get.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Thank you Brandon as well. You Spring Valley guys are Good Guys!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

who is going to ARC this weekend?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
who is going to ARC this weekend?
I would if my batteries would come in!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

where are they coming form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.