R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #1396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default race

Yes i have them call me, Some sportman have expressed concern that they have no chance of winning or placing top 3. It would be cool to give payback for at least 10 if there are over 30 sportsman.
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #1397
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
Yes i have them call me, Some sportman have expressed concern that they have no chance of winning or placing top 3. It would be cool to give payback for at least 10 if there are over 30 sportsman.
Yeah that sounds about right. More than top 3 would be awesome!
Top 5 or 10 would be cool. I'm on the verge of breaking into the expert class.
It sucks because money being on the line would bring out all the sand baggers
And I'm sure more hacking than normal in the sportsman class. I think something should be said when the top 1-2 drivers in sportsman out qualify most of the expert class.
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #1398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
Yea, I hear ya about that. I think its gonna be a blood bath with that money on the line.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 AM   #1399
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Talking to Dan last night, and it sounds like he has a handle on the situation. He understands sandbagging, and will have an eye on that. Some may not be too happy. He will be looking for hackers, as well as track jumpers, etc.

Payouts will depend on turnout. The more that show, the more it will pay down the line.. Sounds like he got a plan together. Just needs to find out how many show up. He wants to pay more than the top 3. If enough show up, it could pay down to 6th-10th spot in each class.

He will explain everything at the drivers meeting, once he tallies up the entries.

Dan really wants this to be a fun race, as well as give back to the racers. I hope the money will not turn this into a demolition derby!!

Im going to run my practice body!!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #1400
Tech Master

Default payout

Ok cool thanks for the info ,but i would like to see him post something official on the website. Maybe only grow the 1st place prize by 20 dollaras then the rest going to the lower places finishers. I know its short notice but Revalations is having a two day Tamiya Race this same weekend 40 dollars. People are debating .
Old 03-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #1401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

No debate.....

$40 and have a chance to get $$ back. ARC for sure!!

Also dont have to worry about parking or having to travel all the way back to Ontario on Sunday or pay for a hotel.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #1402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

i just wanted to make sure before i come out sat. that truggys will still be running at the regular 20 bucks and every class will run as always?
Tel: (858) 997-0833
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1403
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will be giving the winner of pro truggy a case of Rockstar energy drink. I know its not much but I like a big pro truggy field and I think the drink will really entice people!!!! hahaha. Bring on the big dogs!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #1404
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

so the truggys are running. i wonder if there will be enough people in truggys to have pro expert and sportsman?
Tel: (858) 997-0833
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #1405
Tech Regular

I am thinking $20.00 truggy myself. I am going to go to ARC sat.AM and see what is happening, if it looks like a long day I will take off ,if it looks like a regular day I will run electric truggy. I do not have a nitro rig at the moment so no money race for me.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #1406
Tech Master

Default racing

I'm in for sure pro buggy, I was trying to get some info for some of my rookie buggy guys that have only raced one time. The less the better for me payout and a earlly day ,maybe
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #1407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow Anthony! are you gonna bring team SD with you so they can have some fun in sportsman buggy? Jeff, just race your silent truggy even if it looks like it will be a long day..... I will buy you a coke from the snack bar. There will be plenty of racers at this event. Money or not, come on out and race for bragging rights and try some new setups. I think we will all be suprised with the amount of fun we will have on Saturday! See you all out there! even you creeps Jeff and Anthony.
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #1408
Tech Master

Default racing

oh no i might have 2 bring the strr
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #1409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I'm gonna look for some last minute sponsor help for the Truggy classes!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #1410
Tech Regular

Anyone wanting to race truggy.....normal club racing as usual. I will be there with my truggy as well as buggy. There has been quite a strong showing in truggy the past few weeks.....sportsman, expert and pro. Hopefully there will be a lot of people and racing truggy will be a great way to kill time between buggy heats.