R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #871
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Ditto!!! Although we don't have clay now, at least the track is not filled with rocks. Thunder alley is a nice track, but man those rocks!!! It put a hurten on my chassis.
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #872
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Ditto!!! Although we don't have clay now, at least the track is not filled with rocks. Thunder alley is a nice track, but man those rocks!!! It put a hurten on my chassis.
I think thunder alley is pretty the funnest track I have ever gone to. Its got some different height not just flat and small up climb or step ups, etc.. But I cant complain, ARC is also great track, just needs little modifiy, i understand it takes some time etc, If i was living closer still, I would love to help and make it a fun layouts.

Reveloution raceway is pretty much the cloest track for me now. I still will drive out to ARC once in a while. Let me know whens the events.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #873
Tech Adept

was at ARC for practice last night...its been about 2 weeks since the last time i was there...the track is holding up really well and is in very good condition for racing!...see everyone this saturday!
bring WARM clothes and even a HEATER cause once the sun goes down it gets COLD!!! maybe we can start racing earlier in the day to "beat the cold"??
just a thought..
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Time to have some fun at ARC! Ok this week I have a special prize for the lowest finishing driver in both sportsman truggy and buggy. Special thanks to all of you that have been showing up week in and week out to ARC! Also, Great job to all ARC locals that made the trek to Thunder Alley to battle it out for a great cause! Hope to see all of you back at ARC this Saturday. This weekend at ARC stop and introduce yourself to somebody new! make a new buddy week at ARC!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #875
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default racing SAT NIGHT

So who's heading out to arc on sat ??? Hows the current layout ? same one as of a few weeks ago ? Tech5 please reply sucker
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #876
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

here is the track update: same layout but the track looks really good, well groomed. they were only a few of us so I didn't even bother to attempt to change anything up. we had just enough time to get the track groomed and clean up the faces of some jumps with the peolpe (3) we had.

only a 30% chance of rain for us tomorrow, so the odds are pretty low as far as i am concerned. hope we get a good crowd for some good racing.

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #877
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im going to go into work for a little while, but Ill shoot out there after.

Hopefully the weather will hold out, and we can get some racing in. 30% chance sounds pretty slim for anything heavy.

Weds night the track appeared to hold up real well. I guess that little tractor thing that Dan has really helps teh corners from getting blown out. All the corners looked pretty good.

See ya all there tomorrow!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #878
Tech Master

Hey Anthony! Hope to have some REV locals show up tomorrow. Also, the pro class from what I have heard may have a few special visitors! Good seeing you at TA last weekend. Come on out and burn some nitro I can save you a spot if you want jerk. See you guys at the track!!! Oh yea I will call you Anthony if its raining to save you a trip up punk.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default racing

Sounds good i might bring out my revo for some high flying action . Chris or someone please call if there is bad weather 619 414-4357 thanks Anthony
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #880
Tech Master

To Pres and all of the others that have come out on a regular basis to preform track up keep, I wanted to say thank you. You guys do a great job and we all appreciate it. If you guys ever need any help on race nights let me know. I really appreciate it. Pres, thank you for all the updates here on the internet also, They really do help with our traveling drivers. Thank you, like I said if you guys ever need anything on race nights let me know.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #881
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yup! Great job on the track maintenance!! It really held up pretty well. The corners are SO much better now, and dont get blown out so quickly. The straight is a tiny bit rough, but overall, it is doing good!

A big thanks to Pres, those that make the trip out there to whip it into shape for the rest of us to race on!!

Oh yeah, and thanks to DAN for always looking out to give the racers a great day!

Next week raffles for prizes!?!? Yeah buddy! Lets do this!!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #882
Tech Regular

With the threat of bad weather how was attendance last night?
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #883
Tech Adept

last night there was 4 heats.
sportsman buggy
sportsman truggy
expert truggy
expert/pro buggy

it rained very lightly, off and on for most of the night.
just enough to almost make it kinda muddy but..there wasnt really ever "mud"
some people left after qualifying..i dont see why though...it actually was really good..id say last night was one of the more fun nights at ARC.
lap times were very fast, i think one of the expert truggy drivers hit a 28sec lap time and 29sec a few times..
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #884
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

tech5- no problem, dont' mention it. i just want everyone to have fun and keep on showing up.

FYI: for what its worth, i talk to Mark Pavidis at the T4T race last week, he had mentioned that the AKA office is moving to Temecula so hopefully that will bring more Pro drivers to the area and the track.

Last night's racing, i must say we have some troopers! 45 degrees, windy, and wet and about 20 of us still stuck it out throughout the whole night! racing was great, track held up well, and the younger racers (experience wise and age) keep getting faster. Congrats to John(?) Anderson on the 28.?? lap, that is insane, he was backing it up with solid 29's all night.

next wknds forecast, as of now we are looking at 64 degrees with only a 10% chance of rain, woohoo! if we don't get any clay this week, i have another track mod in mind if Dan lets me do it and we can get a few more people to lend a hand this Friday. Call a friend to come out for the race so we can get a good crowd next weekend!

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #885
Tech Regular

Good to hear the racing was a go. I plan on being there this upcoming week with my newly converted E-mbx6. Gotta go green ya know, Is'nt that so Tech5? Hug a tree and an electric 8th scale!
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote