R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #661
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bring on the slash's! With all the talk about spec and mod maybe a set of rules should be written up. ARC never wants to turn anybody away from racing but still would like to have a level playing field for all racers! So, if the slash drivers want to put some rules together and maybe have 1 or 2 guys do the tech on them before they hit the track that would be cool. This is a great class and always fun to watch!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #662
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
That makes sense. didn't know it was a JBRL weekend.
Yeah I was racing there, I raced in JBRL nitro series 2nd year now. I see same faces from ARC (most of them) at JBRL races too. www.jimmybabcock.com check out.

You can always join that, I think that JBRL was hoping to run ARC track last year but they already shut down murrieta track before the race date. Maybe next year season it will be happening? I dont know what Dan has in mind for JBRL to attend at ARC.. since the pit tables are pretty limited even though its got campground also which they prob have issue with so many crowd? But it would be cool..

Anyhow, lets just keep it goin and growin!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #663
Tech Fanatic

so this saturday is the round 3 of summer sizzlin series??
Old 09-30-2008, 03:39 AM   #664
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yup! round 3 this weekend.

The new start time(2 PM) is going to be REAL tight for me! I will most likely be working, and wont get off till 1:30, so i will have to Haul ash right after work, from Mo Val, and most likely miss the 1st Qual, unless I get a 1st round qual around race 6 or 7. Of course, no practice (new layout i hear). It will be a "throw it on the track" and go! That is going to stink! Especially since I am leading at the moment.
Oh well...... thats racing!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #665
Tech Adept

remember their is one throw out best 3 out of 4.....does anyone know if the layout has really been changed.....
AIRTRONICS
C.Poh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #666
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Slash racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
Bring on the slash's! With all the talk about spec and mod maybe a set of rules should be written up. ARC never wants to turn anybody away from racing but still would like to have a level playing field for all racers! So, if the slash drivers want to put some rules together and maybe have 1 or 2 guys do the tech on them before they hit the track that would be cool. This is a great class and always fun to watch!
My opinion on Slash's, as a Slash racer, we should make the class a spec class. How to define those rules we can determine democratically, but here are my two bits anyway. I think they should be bone stock, stock tires (or tires designed specifically for a Slash), stock motors, stock, speed controls, and 2S lipo or 7 cell nimh batteries at a maximum. You should be able to mess with the set-up all you want, ball diff, no diff, shocks, springs, etc. You can run whatever radio system, steering servo that you want. These rules would make it so that beginners can get right in the mix and compete without having to go and buy a bunch of extra's. It puts a cost cap on it to keep the class so lots of people can try it cheaply.

These rules will also allow the racers who want to run in the Slash class to mess with theyre trucks enough that they can get an "edge" which keeps it interesting. By limiting the tires, speed controls, and batteries, the truck speeds stay relatively similar, and the competition will seperate the good drivers from the bad. Much better than having a class that is determined by who can spend the most money on their truck.

I am open to other peoples ideas as well, but this is my opinion and it jives with what I have read in most of the magazine reviews for the Slashl. Make it a spec class that is easy and affordable to get into and it will grow. That will bring more people into the hobby, more people to the track, and all of the classes will benefit over time.
American Express
my personel debt counselor
R/C Addicts Anonymous
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #667
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Slash racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
About the Slash class, how long can everyone run for? Maybe we could get 8 minute mains? Also, of the guys that run them, is anyone down for side by side starting for the main? With full fenders covering our tires we can't really tangle, I think it'd be a lot of fun. Or a rolling start, go on the tone!. There's a lot of room to experiment with this class, we should make the most of it. Triple mains and no qualifying , first to finish 8 laps, run the track backwards (that would really even it out, since no one could clear the jumps!), these are just some options. Any opinions or ideas?
Matt, I like all of these ideas, especially the side-by-side start! I agree that we should try some different ideas out so we can make the class as much fun as possible. I can run an 8 minute main without any trouble, and I think a stocker can run 10-12 minutes on a 7.2V nimh, I would like a longer main, longer heats would be nice also.
American Express
my personel debt counselor
R/C Addicts Anonymous
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #668
Tech Fanatic

I already went for 1st and 2nd.. im going to have to pass for this saturday because I promised my new girlfriend that I will spend time with her, and the kids this saturday, then okebterfest on sunday.. She lives in Huntington Beach, and I live in Lake Elsinore.. she did drove all way out for the round two.. now its my turn to skip the race.. its no big deal for me. I raced JBRL last weekend.. so JBRL is much bigger deal for me.. Already missed one round (hemet) cause i was laid off from work..

Work hard to play HARDER.. thats how we roll! lol
Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #669
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguest View Post
The issue with the results is really a small thing, Dan has tried to get the entire race results to be posted but the website is serviced by his nephew and he cannot get the full results to post correctly, with laps and times. He is going to get this handled as soon as possible.

The results on the series races were kept a bit secret because Dan wanted to make sure the final results were correct before posting them. That way nobody got false hopes of where they finished, possibly thinking they were in the lead or so on and so on. The main results will be posted after each main, just like normal, done deal. Dan is old skool, we all know he isnít internet savvy, so cut him some slack, he is trying to get it fixed.

There has been a lack of communication between the RV Park and ARC, they are trying to come to a solution for the noise curfew, so sorry for the confusion. ARC tried going to the start time they always had before to give racers time to do family things on Saturday morning, but also be able to race on Saturday night. The park then said wait we have a noise curfew, which was news to ARC so had to come to a solution. The park also has a bunch of Holiday stuff scheduled that ARC wants to work with instead of work against. It will all work out

Its good that you guys voice your opinion. Every track has its pros and cons and we all want everything to be perfect, but it just isnít perfect yet.

Here is what we do know:

Dan wants to have the best place possible and funds have not allowed it to get there yet, it is a work in progress.

Danís true desires are that every person that comes thru the gates has the best time possible, he wants it to be a place where you can forget about all your cares for a few hours and come have some fun. He cares about each and every person that comes to ARC and he has a heart for every racer that races there. Every person that knows Dan already knows this.

The bottom line is nobody is perfect, no track is perfect, no business is perfect, but we can all go to ARC and have a great time.

This is my opinion.
If Dan is having trouble posting the RC Scoring Pro PDF files, he should bring them up, then do a screen capture of them (one that shows laptimes) and save them as a jpeg, then post them that way. Thats the way ive posted results from the races ive coverered for RCCA. Here's one from last month's IIC race in vegas.

Here's a link to that IIC coverage.
http://radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=250645

I race at - SDRC Raceway, CVRC Raceway and SoCal-RC Onroad

My Painters: Fatty Grafx -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatty-Grafx/138256833000949
JoelNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #670
Tech Fanatic

I am totally confused about the points standing on ARC page about summer sizzling series.. how does it work?? on the other page on arc page.. it says 1st get 0 points and 10th get 10 points??? does that mean the lower points is the one who's runner up? or what? its complicated.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #671
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Winner of each race gets zero points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 3, and so on. The idea is to get the least amount of points. If you miss/dont race you get 100 points for that race. There is 1 throw out. At the end you add up the total points, minus your throw out. Least amount for each classs wins.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #672
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Going to be some exciting racing this weekend at ARC! Lots of gunslingers coming to ARC to shoot it out for the Big V! see you there!!!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #673
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzman View Post
Matt, I like all of these ideas, especially the side-by-side start! I agree that we should try some different ideas out so we can make the class as much fun as possible. I can run an 8 minute main without any trouble, and I think a stocker can run 10-12 minutes on a 7.2V nimh, I would like a longer main, longer heats would be nice also.
My son runs the Slash class as well, the winning car in the last round did not look much like a slash except for the body. Rules should be Stock chassis and suspension arms, tires, stock motor and esc 6 or 7 cell or stock VXL system and 6 cell - 2s lipo o.k. Keep it cheap and fun and competitive!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #674
Tech Fanatic

thats what I thought.. about the points thing.. i see how it works..
Old 10-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #675
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

2 MBX5T prospec both with BCE chassis both in great cond.

Truck #1
bce chassis 1.5 gallons(always ran W/DE skidplate)
Mugen light weight pillow balls
Fioroni lightweight drive shaft axles F/R
Fioroni lightweight center Cvd Couplers F/R
thunder tiger brakes
Buggy hubs
Xtra arms front/rear
Crime fighter LPR/J concept half ups 60% tread
custom painted body good cond
48T spur
*$400.00*

Truck #2
BCE chassis 2gallons(always ran w/DE skidplate)
Xtra arms Front/rear
wings
misc parts
new red springs F/R
Xtra sway bars
Holeshots LPR/Proline rims 90% tread
*350.00*

Ninja BO1
TKO ceramics
2.5 gallons
runs great
*150.00*