TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

That bobcat doesnt weigh 14000 lbs, thats 2 time what mine weighs, and mine is not small and has tracks. if you have a problem with the track, or how it gets built, get out there with your so called 14000 lb tractor and get it done. Stupidity stands alone!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ok everyone whines that i try help..

Last edited by DirtyDezPirate; 09-21-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate
It never has problem with tracks.. I had build my own track at his house and it didnt even make bumpy surface, these tires are almost bald and it doesnt dig holes.. this is an 14,000 lbs bobcat, not a small n cheesy ones like you guys used. Trust me on this one. I even build the motox jumps with this tractor.
You should really read your post's before you submit them. You are alway's amazing me with all the post's you submit about nothing . I was making a suggestion about the bobcat and you went on to tell another story about something blah blah . Next time you at ARC i would like to meet you to put a face to the amazing post's you create on a daily basis . ANTHONY HOWARTH
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

I will make sure to bring the popcorn.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah ok kids really think its good idea to start drama at the track? im sure you make dan the happiest guy. Anthony, just get over it that i was tryin to help.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

so back to the subject..... is the plan to have race 3 and 4 on a new layout??
Old 09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im with ya on that! we'll let that die off.

A new layout would be cool. Its always fun to have a new challenge, and to help level the playing field a bit. I guess we will see what happens. I know it takes time, and $$ to lay a new one down, so.......

HOPEFULLY i wont have to work on that Saturday!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, maybe it wont be that expensive if there was more volunteers. Less stress for dan and small crew..

I would love to help, but I work 9am to 6pm daily. All I know is that they do it on friday.. I dont know how often, does anyone know?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just a reminder ARC will be club racing this saturday the 27th with gates opening at noon and racing starts at 4:00.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hate to beat a dead horse but...how difficult is it to post results!!!!. No weekly results with lap times like every other track, the series results are not in order numerically (standings), even when at the the track the printed results are kept in locked safe....come on ARC get it together! Is this always a practice track or a race track. Enough time has gone by to get it together!
I have offerd to help therfore I feel I have a right to complain for the masses...like it or not ARC there are many people that will leave your track if this is not corrected ...SOON!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

I know what your talking about Jeff, and you have every right to voice your opinion. If you pay your money to race, you should get to see the benefits from your racing, ie: lap times, how you finish, and track your progress against your fellow competitors. Every other track around here has got this figured out, just not ARC. Soon racers will not want to come back. A dirty facility, a slow race program, and little things like not being able to figure out how to post results are actually thing that most will get tired of dealing with. Let alone the track is like running on the moon and the layouts get tire some after 7 or 8 weeks old. That alone will be the demise. Like any other business you have to spend money to make money, and till that happend things will continue to go the way they are. its going to be tough to survive on 20-30 racers on a sat. night. Just another opinion. MIKE DAVIS
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wow, I'm surprised. Yes, I too wish the results were posted quickly and completely with all the heat sheets up for us to look at (as well as standings seeded by position, not by name), and the pit area is dirty and dusty (hopefully the concrete is poured soon, but until then, this is mostly a 1/8 nitro off road track, we'd be dirty anyway) but other than that I'm not seeing any problems. In fact, i think it's a great facility. The race program doesn't seem slow at all, the only break is before the mains and all the qualifiers are run through in a timely matter. Yes, the track does get rutted, but so do all off road tracks, it's off road. Does it get rutted because the dirts softer and not pack down like Revelation? If so I'll take a softer rutted track any day, less broken parts, easier on your vehicle, better tire wear. And if I'm not mistaken, this is the 4th layout this track has had, with another layout for the start of series race #3. This track hasn't even been open for three months yet, I consider that to be pretty good. Lastly, I know Dan has put a lot of money into this facility and will probably put even more in, he seems to really listen to everyone and genuinely care about the track and the racers.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

The issue with the results is really a small thing, Dan has tried to get the entire race results to be posted but the website is serviced by his nephew and he cannot get the full results to post correctly, with laps and times. He is going to get this handled as soon as possible.

The results on the series races were kept a bit secret because Dan wanted to make sure the final results were correct before posting them. That way nobody got false hopes of where they finished, possibly thinking they were in the lead or so on and so on. The main results will be posted after each main, just like normal, done deal. Dan is old skool, we all know he isn’t internet savvy, so cut him some slack, he is trying to get it fixed.

There has been a lack of communication between the RV Park and ARC, they are trying to come to a solution for the noise curfew, so sorry for the confusion. ARC tried going to the start time they always had before to give racers time to do family things on Saturday morning, but also be able to race on Saturday night. The park then said wait we have a noise curfew, which was news to ARC so had to come to a solution. The park also has a bunch of Holiday stuff scheduled that ARC wants to work with instead of work against. It will all work out

Its good that you guys voice your opinion. Every track has its pros and cons and we all want everything to be perfect, but it just isn’t perfect yet.

Here is what we do know:

Dan wants to have the best place possible and funds have not allowed it to get there yet, it is a work in progress.

Dan’s true desires are that every person that comes thru the gates has the best time possible, he wants it to be a place where you can forget about all your cares for a few hours and come have some fun. He cares about each and every person that comes to ARC and he has a heart for every racer that races there. Every person that knows Dan already knows this.

The bottom line is nobody is perfect, no track is perfect, no business is perfect, but we can all go to ARC and have a great time.

This is my opinion.

Last edited by gguest; 09-24-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I try to race at ARC as often as possible, and like everyone else, my biggest gripe is not being able to view results in a timely fashion.

If Dan is having difficulty getting the results posted, its just a matter of asking for help. Jeff has already offered to post photos of the heat sheets, but the program already saves them as PDF files. How hard is it to upload those to the site and post the links to them? It could be crudely done in a matter of minutes.

I can deal with the dusty pit area, the same track for an extended period, the constant assault from the local wildlife, the higher than normal race fees, but the lack of posted results is begining to get really irritating.

My .02, take it for worth it's worth. You opinion may vary.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
I know what your talking about Jeff, and you have every right to voice your opinion. If you pay your money to race, you should get to see the benefits from your racing, ie: lap times, how you finish, and track your progress against your fellow competitors. Every other track around here has got this figured out, just not ARC. Soon racers will not want to come back. A dirty facility, a slow race program, and little things like not being able to figure out how to post results are actually thing that most will get tired of dealing with. Let alone the track is like running on the moon and the layouts get tire some after 7 or 8 weeks old. That alone will be the demise. Like any other business you have to spend money to make money, and till that happend things will continue to go the way they are. its going to be tough to survive on 20-30 racers on a sat. night. Just another opinion. MIKE DAVIS
Although I agree with some of your statements, I think a few are off the wall. I am not sure how clean you can keep an off-road facility in the middle of.....well....a huge DIRT lot. Obviously a paved pit area would help, but maybe we could show a little patience and wait more than a few months for this facility to be on par with Revelation. I think the layouts are great and I believe six weeks is the longest on a particular configuration. I do agree with the statement about racing on the moon. I am not sure how Dan was supposed to see that one coming though. I know he is aware of the dirt situation and made mention of getting more clay to fix that problem. The problem is that lack of attendance because of the issues Mike mentioned (if that is why less people are showing up) will make these problems worse....no money to improve the facility. Not sure how to solve these problems except to further support Dan's investment in our race program and hopefully he can improve the facility. Either way, I think he built a great facility to begin with and with a few improvements (more lights for example) can be considered one of the best in California.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.