Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man I can't wait for this track to open up. So Steve, are we going to see you sack up and run a nitro buggy once this is open?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jon- Maybe.............if you're lucky

Went to the track today. Some progress has been made. The drivers stand and barrier surrounding the track has been painted. Pit table construction has started. Its looking pretty good....actually really good. No one was out there today, so I wasnt able to get any kind of time frame for an opening. If I hear anything, I will be sure to post on here!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi,

I used to race back in the early 90's and now that my 13yr old son has the bug, he wants to get into racing and I'll be pitting for him. What classes does ARC have? I've got him practicing but I'm sure he might hack someone on accident while he gets acclimated in a competitive environment. He'll be racing a Jammin CRT Truggy. I've checked out Palomar because they're close by but it seems like they can't get anything going and the director stepped down from what the forum says. ARC is even closer for us.
Do you need ROAR membership at ARC also?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If I remember correctly ARC had 3 classes of buggies (sportsman, expert, and pro I think) and 2 classes of truggy. (Sportsman and expert) But I think truggies have gained in popularity over the last year since they closed the old location so that may change. If your son's never raced, I'd sign him up for the lower class to see where his skill stacks up. And as for hacking people accidentally, that's why there's lower classes. As long as he's not a real danger to the other cars and to the turn marshals, I'm sure he'll be just fine. We're all out there to have fun. Just teach him the rules of on track etiquette (most racers could use a few lessons in this) and safety and go have fun.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

And to add, once they are open...practice days will be available as well. I would get him out to the track a few of times beforehand to get used to the track layout and being on a track with other drivers (you didnt mention if he's been on an actual track yet) That way, when he does enter an actual race he'll know what to expect.

I'll keep posting more info as I find out about ARC opening...........
Old 02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info guys. He did race on road a while back when he was 8 (13 now) at the Hobby People in Corona but lost interest because it's just going in circles and got bored. He really wanted off road but there weren't any tracks around here at that time unless we had to travel 60+ miles. He still knows race etiquette so he should pick up quickly. He's learning cornering and jumping techniques by practicing at the school behind us but thats on his own so it'll be interesting to see him with others. We'll definately practice when they open. See ya' all there.

Thanks, Fred
Old 02-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Where are you located at? There are some alternatives to go practice or race at for now. Barona (Family Hobbies) has been racing (check their thread for info/schedule, San Diego Gas Offroad), and there is Hemet R/C (they also have a thread on here) that has practice available I think three times a week and racing on Saturdays. Hemet is only about 40 minutes from Temecula.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

We're near the corner of Butterfield Stage Road and 79 South. ARC will be perfect being just 4 miles down the road from us. We've been to Hemet Race Park a couple times and also Revelation but that's kinda' far. I might drive over to ARC tomorrow to see just exactly where it's at. Looks like it's tucked way in back from the 79.

Keep us posted on any new news with ARC.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcOldskool
We're near the corner of Butterfield Stage Road and 79 South. ARC will be perfect being just 4 miles down the road from us. We've been to Hemet Race Park a couple times and also Revelation but that's kinda' far. I might drive over to ARC tomorrow to see just exactly where it's at. Looks like it's tucked way in back from the 79.

Keep us posted on any new news with ARC.

Thanks!!!

Nice, I used to live up in the houses behind the feed store right there. Now I live over off Winchester.

I run primarily electric, so I'm in Ontario at Pegasus almost every weekend which is just about an hour drive. I will be trying to get some electric racing going on at ARC though! And it will be my "home" track for practicing
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

is the track open during the days for people to check it out?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Checked out the track on Saturday 3/1. Took a pic of the painted container to match the driver stand. Concrete not laid yet in pit row probably because of the rainy weather lately.
Attached Thumbnails TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING-img_1866.jpg   TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING-img_1867-%5B640x480%5D.jpg   TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING-img_1868.jpg  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

looks good!!! I can't wait. Any word on estimated opening date?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking RcOldskool

Who took these pictures?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

You did!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

any news of when racing will start?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.