R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #421
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
What time do the races usually end? I live in San Diego (by T.J) it's a little further drive for me.

How does the electric 8th class look(turnouts)?
Your first question is kinda hard because it really depends on the turn out (witch can vary). Last race was started 1-2 hrs late due to the need to wait for late arrivals coming in from the Saturday Series race held earlier that day at another track. We ended at about 9:30pm. Weekend before that we were out at the break of dawn (7:30ish)

I run electric 8th there and it is really nice to race along side with the other competitive drivers in the nitro classes. As long as we do a pit stop (which is fun anyway) we can remain in the larger classes. Currently we have about 3-4 buggy conversions and 3-4 truggy conversions running there almost every weekend.

Hope to see you there.
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #422
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about tossing all the electric 1/8's in their own class and running them for 15min without pit stops?
CRT.5 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #423
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzac2 View Post
They were actually just talking about a Summer Sizzle Series this past weekend. Gary Guest is putting together the series, but they mentioned it would be 4 races long with 1 throw out.
well any clue on the dates? because I race other series races too such as JBRL .. etc.. So you know need to keep up with most of it..
Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT.5 Racer View Post
What about tossing all the electric 1/8's in their own class and running them for 15min without pit stops?
That would only be 3-4 in each class, which is on the small side, and it would make the race day longer. Until there's more I'd rather stay in with the nitro's.
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great racing Saturday night. Good job to all that showed up and had fun! Here is the results,
1/8 Sportsman Buggy A main --- 15min

Laps Time Fast Lap

Teknno RC 24 15:32.739 34.647

Brenden Booth 23 15:26.359 36.391

Tansel 22 15:01.006 35.590

1/8 Expert Buggy A main --- 15min

Laps Time Fast Lap

Lucas Sanford 26 15:31.027 340113

Mike Morales 26 15:38.396 33.277

Mike Luz 25 15:24.428 34.054

1/10th Truck A main---10min

Laps Time Fast Lap

Steven Strohm 13 10:46.826 4

Sport Truggy A main --- 12min

Laps Time Fast Lap

Chris Vierra 20 12:28.732 34.635

Rusty Shacklefered 19 12:04.862 35.929

Fernando Lopes 19 12:17.943 35.484

Expert Truggy A main --- 15min

Laps Time Fast Lap

Tansel 25 15:07.069 34.082

James Parker 25 15:28.640 33.603

Zac Burnside 25 15:37.623 33.555

pro buggy and expert buggy ran together. Great job also to the brushless guys and their cooperation in making their mandatory pit stops! Dan has also noted that the pro shop should be open by this weekend!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #426
Tech Apprentice

The Sizzlin Saturday Night Series is the name of the series we are putting on and we do not have the dates yet. We will NOT schedule dates on the JBRL Nitro Series or the Saturday Series dates. However we will have to schedule on the same weekend as JBRL electric series otherwise we will never be able to have a series because there will be no available dates. As it is we will probably have to stretch the series over 2 months because of all the other series already in So Cal.

The Snowman Series was at the end of 2006 and we will be removing it from the website shortly.

Club Racing: It is cool to see all the feedback. One thing to remember is no matter what we do, either longer qualifiers or longer mains, there are going to a certain amount of people that complain and dont like it. We used to run 7 minute qualifiers and some people complained because they couldnt go that long without needing to pit/fuel, therefore they never had a good qualifying result. So we changed to 5 minute qualifiers to accomodate the racers. Mains have almost been 15 minutes for A-mains, 10 minutes for B-Mains and 7 minutes for C-Mains. This seems to work well especially when we get big turnouts. We can look into possibly doing 7 minute qualifiers again, but the decision is Dan's to make and I will talk to him regarding the feedback here.

We should have a new layout in within the next 2 weeks.

Gary Guest
gguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #427
Tech Apprentice

As far as an electric only 1/8 class goes we will have to have enough electric cars to merit there own class. We will not mix truggy and buggy just because they are electric. To be honest they are Nitro designed vehicles converted to electric therefore they will run in the class designed for them until something changes. We will continue to give them mandatory pit stops until a class is seperated for them.

These posts were confirmed by Dan before I posted them.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #428
Tech Adept

what are the turnouts looking like so far i see results but only showing like 3 cars per class is that all that is showing up or are you only showing the podium spots....... and i hope theirs another race like best of the west i misst it and heard it was a great race and gary your right theirs to many races going on race after race, series races arent the same this year because of all the other races going on saturday series was almost dead this past weekend ...tell dan he should have a one day race like the nitrocross something differant have gas and electric and even them corr trucks, have a special supercross layout and starting grid,money for winners and a nice bbq and some music 40$ to enter 10 of every entry to money pot and 5 to bbq ...
AIRTRONICS
C.Poh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #429
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguest View Post
As far as an electric only 1/8 class goes we will have to have enough electric cars to merit there own class. We will not mix truggy and buggy just because they are electric. To be honest they are Nitro designed vehicles converted to electric therefore they will run in the class designed for them until something changes. We will continue to give them mandatory pit stops until a class is seperated for them.

These posts were confirmed by Dan before I posted them.
alot of people are starting to do the electric conversion because of nitro fuel is raising.. My team, Matrix Concepts INC makes the nitro fuel.. we were told that the prices for the metholane is going to be 20 to 30 percent more soon. So I am sure none of us can afford nitro anymore. I bet you that before 2010 there will be more bushless running in the 8th scale than nitro.. if i am right that its metholane or nitro fuel.. i dont remember whole story..
Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #430
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Some video from last weekend.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #431
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ARC Series Racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Poh View Post
what are the turnouts looking like so far i see results but only showing like 3 cars per class is that all that is showing up or are you only showing the podium spots....... and i hope theirs another race like best of the west i misst it and heard it was a great race and gary your right theirs to many races going on race after race, series races arent the same this year because of all the other races going on saturday series was almost dead this past weekend ...tell dan he should have a one day race like the nitrocross something differant have gas and electric and even them corr trucks, have a special supercross layout and starting grid,money for winners and a nice bbq and some music 40$ to enter 10 of every entry to money pot and 5 to bbq ...
Turnouts have been very good, 40 to 50 racers, the results are just showing the top 3 finishers.

If Gary and Dan are putting together a series, it will be a good one and it will be well attended. Gary will you post the dates as soon as you pin them down? I want to get them on my calendar so I can hit all 5!

Gary, do you know what dates you will be changing the track layout? If I can get some time I would like to come help with the track work.

Thanks.
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #432
Tech Fanatic

and how often do you guys do track change? I would like to volunteer.. I used to volunteer at M and M raceway in corona when they used to have the track indoor.. i miss that track!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #433
Tech Apprentice

Good comments!!! If we have enough electric cars we will run their own class.

The series will be just club racing, nothing special, and 4 club races will determine the points with one throwout. We will have the dates that count for points posted ASAP. Also we will give out prizes and trophies at the end of the series.

great idea about a one day race I will talk to Dan about it.

I will be gone until August 4th for The Manufacturers Cup in Idaho so if I dont respond that is why!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #434
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Gary.

Good Luck in Idaho, hope to see ya in the main on Live RC.
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #435
Tech Adept

Good luck Gary have some fun wish i was their racing with you guys....

for the guys racing at arc this weekend i will see you their at noon ....
AIRTRONICS
C.Poh is offline   Reply With Quote