R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Good feedback so far. First off, I am one of the guys running brushless and if we stay in the nitro class than yes, we definitely should have to do a stop and go "pit" to keep everything fair. One for 15min and two for 20min is what a lot of tracks do and if all agree, I think we should stay with that.

Now, on to the long mains. I understand the excitement that anything can happen, it reminds me of le mans, who can outlast who, concentration, vehicle prep, etc. But I have won a race (when I raced nitro) because someone ahead of me flamed out, giving me enough time to gain the lead and finish. I'd rather not win that way. I'd rather out drive someone and know I beat them myself, not because of an uncontrollable fluke.
Also, it was mentioned that it's good practice for the larger races. That is true, but if we're to be honest with ourselves, how many of us attend those races? And out of those that attend, how many place high enough in the mains to actually race for 45min? Most of the lower mains are 20min long, and at the Proline Maxx challenge, the A-Main was 30min.
And again, let's not forget turn marshalling. It sucks to stand out there for longer than 15min. Longer and it becomes a test of their mental concentration! But seriously, nobody wants to marshal for that long. And watching a race that long is not that exciting either. The field spreads out, the good battle is always for 4th or 6th, not 1st.

About the Slash class, I'm down. I had one out there the first race just for the 2nd qualifier, they are a lot of fun. I'll bring mine out on Sat but it's no longer stock, my Titan burned out on me. If enough interest is shown I'll gladly buy another motor to race spec. If you haven't guessed, I'm all about close racing!
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #407
Tech Elite

Good thoughts everyone.

I would also like to see 6 or 7 minute qualifiers myself.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
The drivers can hear the tone fine! It's the pit people that are having a hard time with the down and quiet. Dan is working on a light system to help the pit people know when to drop the cars. Is anybody going to practice tonight?
well actually I am deaf.. though i race in the JBRL races.. not just club races but i am interested in racing at ARC sometime..
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #409
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Transponder ?

Hey will I be able to race without a transponder? I'm not sure if I can afford one by this sat. Just want to race. And if I brought my T4/stock motor, will I race with the Slash's?? any feed back would be cool. Hoping to make it out there to support the track. thanks

-H.A.H.
H.A.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #410
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Transponder question

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.A.H. View Post
Transponder ?

Hey will I be able to race without a transponder? I'm not sure if I can afford one by this sat. Just want to race. And if I brought my T4/stock motor, will I race with the Slash's?? any feed back would be cool. Hoping to make it out there to support the track. thanks

-H.A.H.
My suggestion would be to call Dan at the track and ask. You'll probably be the only electric truck without a transponder, and the size of that class will allow for rather easy counting, but Dan will make the call. As for running with the Slash's, I would guess that will be the case. Hope to see you there!
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #411
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

I have a brand new AMB transponder for sale. PM me if interested.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #412
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.A.H. View Post
Transponder ?

-H.A.H.
most race tracks has an big n heavy transporters.. im not sure if Dan has them..
Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #413
rhino420

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate View Post
most race tracks has an big n heavy transporters.. im not sure if Dan has them..

are AMB transponder the only brand or type that you can buy ? ive never seen any othere ones but yet again i have never looked any ideas?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #414
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino420 View Post
are AMB transponder the only brand or type that you can buy ? ive never seen any othere ones but yet again i have never looked any ideas?
they work best because its more reliable.. alot of us expert to professional racers use it also its small which gives great room, and lightweight!

So yeah AMB is best, they work with most track counting system.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #415
Tech Fanatic

by the way i have see alot of good deals in amb transporters in the rctech for sale forums and ebay.. one was for 65 dollars.. i paid 110 for mine from hobbytown usa.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #416
Tech Adept

if 1/8 electric runs with the nitro and its a 20 or 25 minute main there should be 2 manditory pit stops is what i would suggest...

what time is ARC opening up this saturday for practice and race were coming out from O.C and want to be their when gates open thanks.. and wats the electric seen like here is it worth bringing the 2 wheel as well lol
AIRTRONICS
C.Poh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #417
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Poh View Post
if 1/8 electric runs with the nitro and its a 20 or 25 minute main there should be 2 manditory pit stops is what i would suggest...

what time is ARC opening up this saturday for practice and race were coming out from O.C and want to be their when gates open thanks.. and wats the electric seen like here is it worth bringing the 2 wheel as well lol
Yaa 2 pit stops would be appropriate for that length of a main. Right now they run 15 minute mains, probably so we get out of there by a reasonable time. With that, we run one pit stop.

I really like the idea of longer qualifiers along with the 15 minute main, instead of just longer mains. It gets boring at a point.

Practice starts at noon on Saturday.

If you brought your 1/10th scale on last Saturday, you would have run with 3 other cars. I am sad to see these guys run with such low numbers. I suggest a drop in entry fee for these cars that run for short time. They currently pay the same as someone running 20 minute mains, but they only get 10 minutes of track time. So to boost the 1/10th scale class and promote fairness, they should pay less for entry.
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #418
Tech Fanatic

Humm.. the website shows about "snowman series" but it doesnt have dates.. when are those?? i see that there is only 4.. I think the website should be more spefic than what it is.. no dates on those type of racing??
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #419
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate View Post
Humm.. the website shows about "snowman series" but it doesnt have dates.. when are those?? i see that there is only 4.. I think the website should be more spefic than what it is.. no dates on those type of racing??
They were actually just talking about a Summer Sizzle Series this past weekend. Gary Guest is putting together the series, but they mentioned it would be 4 races long with 1 throw out.
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #420
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What time do the races usually end? I live in San Diego (by T.J) it's a little further drive for me.

How does the electric 8th class look(turnouts)?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote