R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #346
Tech Master
 
Marzac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Video... Sweet!

I can't wait to see what I missed! I'm sure glad to see your such a great supporter of our hobby.

Thx, G.
__________________
Tekno RC - EB48 and SCT410
DE Racing - Wheels and accessories
Tekin ESCs / Hitec Servos and Chargers
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #347
Tech Apprentice
 
MikeHavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 69
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Went out to the track for practice tonight, talk to Dan and looks like the track will open at noon on saturday and racing will start at 3pm
__________________
Associated RC10B5M
MikeHavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #348
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,388
Default

Yep, website updated with current hours of operation/racing.

Looks to me the Slash class should be run as thier own class. Dan will make a class for them if enough show up. With 2 of them last Saturday and several others that have them, they should be showing up for racing.
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #349
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I was one of those 2 Slashes, but I won't be able to make it this Sat. I was up there today for practice, it was a lot of fun, some big names showed up later on.

@ DirtFreak
What Medusa motor are you planning on running in your CRT.5? Check out impaktrc.com, they carry a couple different winds you might be interested in. By the way, I won the sportsman truggy with a 1300kv 60mm Medusa motor powered by 6s lipo on a MM and came in 6th in buggy with a 2200kv 50mm Medusa, 4s and a MM so they're definitely good motors.
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #350
Tech Master
 
tech5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: At the Track
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

REMINDER TO ALL RACERS: GATES TO OPEN AT 12 THIS WEEK WITH RACING STARTING AT 3. HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU THERE!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #351
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
I was one of those 2 Slashes, but I won't be able to make it this Sat. I was up there today for practice, it was a lot of fun, some big names showed up later on.

@ DirtFreak
What Medusa motor are you planning on running in your CRT.5? Check out impaktrc.com, they carry a couple different winds you might be interested in. By the way, I won the sportsman truggy with a 1300kv 60mm Medusa motor powered by 6s lipo on a MM and came in 6th in buggy with a 2200kv 50mm Medusa, 4s and a MM so they're definitely good motors.
I saw it with my own eyes... I was really impressed with the Matthew setup!!! Nice clean bottom end.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #352
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Saturday's results?

Tech-5, my Slash is on order, probably won't have it for this weekend though. Have you received yours yet?
Wen't to practice last night, tried running that troublsome V-spec motor I was running on the 4th, even with a "good" piston & sleeve it was still giving me fits. It ran fine on the bottom, but flamed at wide open whether it was rich or lean. Do you know anything about shimming the head buttons on those? I think I need to take out some shime, but am looking for reliable confirmation. I am currently running 3-shims (2 thin & 1 thick). I have been told I should be running 1 thin, any input is appreciated...
Not sure on Saturday, but my magic 8-ball is telling me "NO", if I shake it again prior to Saturday I will let you know.
Did you get the Saturday results?
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #353
Tech Master
 
tech5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: At the Track
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Dan said that he has the results but more than likely they wont be posted before this weekend. This weekends results will be posted per the website. Hopefully we can expect a good turnout this weekend! I am thinking of getting a best of paint competition together before the qualifiers start. The winner would receive a prize. You have to race the body that you enter in the contest. Let me know what you guys think. I would also like to get pics of the top three in each class and have them posted on here. I do not know how to post pics but if one of you would like to help me out with this let me know also. Take it easy
__________________
TRACKSTARRC.COM
Track Star Racer Services / DE racing / TKO Bearings / AKA Racing / WRD2 / KO Propo / Fantom Motors and Batteries / M2C Racing / Scale Auto Engineering/EKD designs/STRC
"FROM THE BENCH TO THE TRACK, WE GOT YOUR BACK!"
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #354
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzman View Post
Tech-5, my Slash is on order, probably won't have it for this weekend though. Have you received yours yet?
Wen't to practice last night, tried running that troublsome V-spec motor I was running on the 4th, even with a "good" piston & sleeve it was still giving me fits. It ran fine on the bottom, but flamed at wide open whether it was rich or lean. Do you know anything about shimming the head buttons on those? I think I need to take out some shime, but am looking for reliable confirmation. I am currently running 3-shims (2 thin & 1 thick). I have been told I should be running 1 thin, any input is appreciated...
Not sure on Saturday, but my magic 8-ball is telling me "NO", if I shake it again prior to Saturday I will let you know.
Did you get the Saturday results?
It should have one thick and one thin shim. What plug are you running? Also, are you still running the blue carb boot? If so, when it gets hot, it expands and wont seal off the carb. Try a ziptye on the boot near the inlet neck, or get a black VG or Nova boot. I run Vspec's and have been through all the problems and have found that a P3 works 95% of the time, then when it's Satan's underbelly hot, I use a P6.

You also might want to check your front bearing, that is a common symptom of a leaking front seal....HTH
CRT.5 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #355
Registered User
 
Dirtfreak15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i ordered a 36x50 3300kv V2 (the new ones...) u got an old one or new one?
and im running a max amps 3s 5k lipo

i might get a slash around december some time and start racing
ive got school coming up so i cant be blowing money
Dirtfreak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #356
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT.5 Racer View Post
It should have one thick and one thin shim. What plug are you running? Also, are you still running the blue carb boot? If so, when it gets hot, it expands and wont seal off the carb. Try a ziptye on the boot near the inlet neck, or get a black VG or Nova boot. I run Vspec's and have been through all the problems and have found that a P3 works 95% of the time, then when it's Satan's underbelly hot, I use a P6.

You also might want to check your front bearing, that is a common symptom of a leaking front seal....HTH
Thanks for the help! Only the 2 shims even with 30% nitro fuel? Just changed the bearings, TKO ceramics, I'll double check the front bearing anyway.

Thanks again for the help!
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #357
Tech Adept
 
H.A.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SanMarcos,CA
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

By any chance was there a Monster Truck Class last weekend??
H.A.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #358
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzman View Post
Thanks for the help! Only the 2 shims even with 30% nitro fuel? Just changed the bearings, TKO ceramics, I'll double check the front bearing anyway.

Thanks again for the help!
No problem, let me know if I can be of further assistance....
CRT.5 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #359
Tech Fanatic
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.A.H. View Post
By any chance was there a Monster Truck Class last weekend??
Nope - 90% buggies and truggies and the one 1/10 electric class. I wouldn't mind seeing a MT class run every once in a while.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #360
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 07-11-2008 at 03:39 PM.
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W.A offroad racing nhodd Australian Racing 3555 11-18-2014 11:01 PM
ARC Raceway (Off-Raod) - Temecula, CA JoelNavarro Racing Forum 3 07-23-2010 07:23 AM
Which is better at offroad racing? rush evo dude Rookie Zone 9 02-01-2009 05:02 AM
SoCal Offroad RACERS!! Weekly offroad 10th and 12th scale racing! Syber Serulean Track Locator Forum 14 01-15-2008 12:30 PM
Offroad racing with gas Mark O'Brien Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 13 05-26-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net