R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #3511
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I heard the sad news today at work, i still cant believe it. Just last week he was in the hobby shop hangin out! ill miss shootin the sh*@ with him. He'd come in at least once a week and hang out for hours. He wouldn't hesitate to give customers helpful advice, a few times he even tuned their nitro cars in the parking lot for them. He'd never hesitate to help you with the latest setup secrets or whatever you may need. On the drivers stand he was one of the fiercest guys you'd ever want to bump on the track! But off the stand he was one of the nicest helpful guys in the pits. You always knew where you stood with him, he wasn't afraid of nobody and he couldn't care less if you were a "fast guy" he'd race ya and treat ya the same, that's what i loved about him. I think the enduro race was one of his last big races and i remember how much fun we all had. Ive never seen Gibby smile that much in one day! I remember him saying "i cant wait til the next one"
I know Gibbys in heaven right now, probably holding his radio.
Enjoy paradise my friend and save me a pit spot!
Attached Thumbnails
TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING-187.jpg  
RCTEN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #3512
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Gary, thats awesome what your doing, i'll see ya saturday.
RCTEN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #3513
Tech Apprentice

I was just saying what i really feel. As far as ARC is concerned, every decision is Dan Coles not mine. I am just the help and liason for him concerning web stuff etc. So I take no credit, we just want to do what is right.

See ya saturday bro.
gguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #3514
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The website is lookin great Gary, hopefully I can make it down this saturday
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #3515
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Sorry to hear about Gibby ...he was a good man. Condolences to all that were very close to him.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #3516
Tech Apprentice

Be sure to get us a card for Mr Gibby before next weekend 01/15/11 or just come by on that day we are having our normal club race but it will be in remembrance of John Gibby. I spoke with his wife and she is very appreciative of all the kind words and she looks forward to reading all the cards and the poster we are doing in his honor. ARC will make sure Mrs. Giblin receives all the cards and stuff so please come by, even if your not racing that is totally cool, Gibby always hung out and talked with the guys and it would honor him to do so!

Thanks for all the good words about the website, we are working on making more informative and its the best we can do with what we have at the moment. Also its going to be awesome year at ARC we very excited to turn the page and start implementing some groundbreaking ideas, making your racing experience the best it can be. So stay tuned and get involved if you want, we are excited.

Also we have 2 JBRL races, The 2011 Sidewinder Nitro Explosion and thats just the begining! We look forward to seeing you at the races!

Gary
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #3517
Tech Apprentice

We got all the water out of track, 2 days of pumpin, the wates was over 2 feet deep in most of the track, LOL. See ya Saturday if anything changes we will post it here and on the website. Thanks for all the cool e-mails we have been getting, its good to hear a good report.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #3518
Tech Elite

Thank Gary for being a big help with the track. It will for sure more successful with you there. Excited for Saturday. Just found out I don't have to work that day. Too bad I don't have much time to work on my car to ready.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #3519
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Gary, looking forward to the Snowman race on Saturday.

Jaime
jboquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #3520
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Are we racing Tomarrow?The website sounds like we are not.
ericzwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #3521
Tech Master

Gary, If there is anything I can do to help out on the 15th, Just let me know.. I will be there to attend the gathering for Gibby. At his services last night, his family was touched by our communitys support, both online and off.

Team Hotbodies
Team RadiopOst
Team DE Racing
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #3522
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I just got off the phone with Dan.

There will be NO racing at ARC tomarrow.
ericzwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #3523
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys we are not going to be racing Saturday. The track is simply to muddy and would not dry out. It is way to hazardous to marshall on and we gave it our best shot. Plus a family members house just partially burned up and we had to go see about helping them. Once again we apologize and I will post news about the snowman final this week. Gary
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #3524
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguest View Post
Hey guys we are not going to be racing Saturday. The track is simply to muddy and would not dry out. It is way to hazardous to marshall on and we gave it our best shot. Plus a family members house just partially burned up and we had to go see about helping them. Once again we apologize and I will post news about the snowman final this week. Gary
2011 isnt starting off too great, huh? :/

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #3525
Tech Apprentice

Actually besides Mr. Gibby passing, which is a huge bummer, 2011 is awesome. Yes we got rained out and wanted to have the final but everything happens for a reason. Im working on some stuff and we might even have more sponsor prizes by the time we get to the Snowman final!! So bad things are turned around for great things sometimes!!

But we really did give it our best shot and the track just would not dry up, we still plan on having the Gibby remembrance day next saturday and I will post what date the Snowman final will be.