R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #3496
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default John Gibblin " Gibby"

It is with deep regret and sorrow that I have to inform you that our dearest friend Gibby has passed way over the weekend. Gibby was 64 years old. A special serivce will be held in his honor this Thursday January the 6th at the El Cajon-Lakeside-Santee Mortuary 684 S. Mollison Ave. El Cajon, CA 92020 between 3:00-7:00pm.

He will be deeply missed by friends and family. Please keep Gibby and his family in your prayers.

Thank you.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #3497
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to rchopper12
Default Gibby

Terribly sad, used to see him out at ARC, always with his trademark colors on his R/C's. Wish the best for his family in a tough time.
rchopper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #3498
Tech Apprentice

My deepest condolences to His family. Man that really is sad and brought a tear to my eye. I have known Mr. Gibby since I was around 17 years old. Darn it that makes me sad, i will miss Him, i always enjoyed seeing Gibby at the track.

God bless His family and friends.

Gary
gguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #3499
Tech Apprentice

I have to say that Gibby passing effected me much more than i realized. I was just reflecting on how he ALWAYS took the time to talk to me, asked how I was doing, listened to what i had to say and was concerned with how my life was going. You know what I am not like that and I need to be. His impact on me was way more than I realized as I took for granted he would be around still. So in summary, I want to posses and practice the attributes that Gibby showed me, towards others in life, May this bless others as He had blessed me.

Gary
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #3500
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow! That is some horrible news. Deepest condolences go out to his family. It's always sad to hear about someone leaving us.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #3501
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguest View Post
I have to say that Gibby passing effected me much more than i realized. I was just reflecting on how he ALWAYS took the time to talk to me, asked how I was doing, listened to what i had to say and was concerned with how my life was going. You know what I am not like that and I need to be. His impact on me was way more than I realized as I took for granted he would be around still. So in summary, I want to posses and practice the attributes that Gibby showed me, towards others in life, May this bless others as He had blessed me.

Gary
I too can't believe Gibby is gone. It's so surreal! No disrespect to this site but I would like to add this link from another site where I have also posted this very sad news. Gibby's passing has really touched many of us in the Southern California RC community. He will truly be missed.... Here's the link:
http://www.socal-rc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9251

Mike
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #3502
Tech Apprentice

I agree completly. We just posted a memorial on our website. Please if you have a pic of Gibby email it to me and I will get up as well. Please show gibbys family our website and tell them how much we appreciated him.

email: [email protected]

www.arcraceway.com

Gary Guest
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #3503
Tech Fanatic

So sad. Rest in peace Gibby! You will be missed friend.

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #3504
Tech Fanatic

We should hold a memorial race for our good friend

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #3505
Tech Regular

I still can't believe that this has happened. Gibby has had a great impact on a lot of people's lives in and out of RC. He was a great friend and one of the most helpful people I have met through RC Racing. I could go on and on about all of the nice things he did for me and what a great person he was. You will truly be missed and you were definitely appreciated by those around you.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #3506
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The comments made here and other sites as news has traveled really reflect on what kind of guy Gibby was. Gibby will be missed and I will always remember him as a good guy that loved our hobby very much. Gibby, thank you for taking the time to show me how to setup my oval car back in the day. Gibby, thank you for being a friend. Godspeed.A special serivce will be held in his honor this Thursday January the 6th at the El Cajon-Lakeside-Santee Mortuary 684 S. Mollison Ave. El Cajon, CA 92020 between 3:00-7:00pm.

Chris Vierra
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #3507
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstarlosi View Post
We should hold a memorial race for our good friend
This is very sadened news! My condolences to his family and loved ones! I enjoyed racing with Gibby over the years! I too agree we should hold a race in his name!
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #3508
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Very sad to hear this. Spent a lot of time talking with Gibby on race days at ARC. He will be missed. Rest in Peace Gibby.
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #3509
Tech Apprentice

What a cool thing to read. I guess I wasnt the only one whos heart he touched in a good way.

You know this has really reached deep into my heart, I have made many mistakes in life and it really sucks that i will never be able to look into Gibbys eyes and let him know i am ok now. What a shame and this all proves that life is but a vapor, I will miss Gibby for sure and will start acting to others like he acted to me.

gary
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #3510
Tech Apprentice

ARC Raceway is going to Honor Mr. Gibby at next saturdays club race 01/15/11. We are going to have a picture blown up and put on artwork / posterboard so everyone who comes can write something to him and his family. We will make sure his family receives it and hopefully it will bless them and be with them forever. So if you ever raced with Gibby please try and make it out so you can bless his family, even if you dont race just come by and write to him. Also if you bring a card for his wife and family we will gather them for you and give them to his wife along with the poster.

NOTE: This is not a memorial race, ARC Raceway does not want to profit in any way shape or form from his passing away! If you dont come to race GREAT we would be honored to have you come hang out in remembrance of Gibby.

We will post more info on our website Tuesday.

Last edited by gguest; 01-04-2011 at 01:17 AM.