R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #2641
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just an FYI- there is another local track starting a SC race night. Not to hijack the ARC thread, so just take a look around the other threads.

I am almost at the point of buying one of my own. When I have raced the SC class, it has been a borrowed one. Its actually a lot of fun!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #2642
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshank.shank View Post
Dont blame Arc. stop complaining. Just go to those tracks were you said they run. end of story
Sounds like you're a fan of SC racing

I'm not in any way blaming ARC and I'm not complaining- just trying to find out what it takes to get SC classes going at my favorite track. I supported ARC when it first opened, tried to get others out there when the first Slashes were out and nothing really ever got going. I know a few people that race 1/8there have trucks, but it would be great if we could get more people out to race them consistently.

ARC is my closest track, I live in San Marcos, and I would much rather be able to race there with friends than have to drive all the way to OC or Riverside, but I plan to keep doing that if nothing changes.
jnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #2643
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
......show up to ARC to race their s/c trucks having to buy a transponder to race. If these guys are going to continue in our hobby they atleast need to get to try it out for a night. If the s/c guys show up they can have a class just for guys that dont have transponders and just run for time, no hand count, just let them run for 5 minutes and the leader at the end wins. That is how they race at home or at their local backyard nationals races. Never turn away racers.......ever. These guys will be so happy that pretty soon you have 30 new racers that are looking at buying your old 1/8th cars and trucks...........Have fun and race what you have
EXACTLY...Great Points Chris!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
That would be cool to run electric on wednesdays and have practice on thursday nights . ALL i know is we need a consistent track change more than twice a year . What up Mike Davis !! The original Big time !!
I enjoy racing at ARC and like ON A MISSION, I just want more people to race with each and every night. Although some might see this as "bashing," I can assure you it is not and it is 100% the truth. I can guarantee you that if the track was changed (even a pipe here and there) every few weeks, more people would be racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshank.shank View Post
Dont blame Arc. stop complaining. Just go to those tracks were you said they run. end of story
Nobody is blaming ARC and I am one of ARC's biggest cheerleaders. There is a reason why attendance is slipping (which is a FACT). I think we all want to see ARC flourish, and this is a good place to discuss ideas that will hopefully make it back to Dan. Although I don't race SC (currently), I would love to see them racing @ ARC.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #2644
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnlisa View Post
Sounds like you're a fan of SC racing

I'm not in any way blaming ARC and I'm not complaining- just trying to find out what it takes to get SC classes going at my favorite track. I supported ARC when it first opened, tried to get others out there when the first Slashes were out and nothing really ever got going. I know a few people that race 1/8there have trucks, but it would be great if we could get more people out to race them consistently.

ARC is my closest track, I live in San Marcos, and I would much rather be able to race there with friends than have to drive all the way to OC or Riverside, but I plan to keep doing that if nothing changes.
Sorry my bad I thought you were sombody else
I apologize no disrepect
sshank.shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #2645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Wednesday night electric would be great at ARC!

No more getting home at 1am on Thursday to go race electric in L.A./ O.C.....

There were 8 heats at West Coast last night and I believe 7 of them were SC!

Keep in mind that 99% of the SC guys do not want to run on an 1/8 supercross track. The point of SC is realism. The track needs to be close to scale as well.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #2646
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post

Keep in mind that 99% of the SC guys do not want to run on an 1/8 supercross track. The point of SC is realism. The track needs to be close to scale as well.
maybe change some pipe around for wednesday night s/c and change back for saturday racing. but fisrt we would need a new layout seeing that the current one would be virtually impossible even with changing pipe. (for the s/c's)

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #2647
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Hey I am in the process of selling my MBX6 and want to bring my 4x4 sc this Saturday because it is all I will have temproarily. Anyone want to join? I have had it on the track there and it is a blast. Come on we have to get this rolling its the fastest growing class there is. Rules should just be 1/10 SC truck and tires.. evrything else run what u brung
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #2648
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
I personally wouldn't mind running SC on the same (1/8 supercross) track at all. You can just roll the big stuff. I love the scale aspect of SC for sure- it's what got me back into RC, but I certainly wouldn't expect Dan to re-do the track just to suit SC racing.

I'll just be stoked if we get more turnout and enough people to have regular races.
jnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #2649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

For me there the only thing that is a hang up is the body if there is wind( and that goes for any track). I have had it there several times but was the only one between heats just practicing and I didnt have to roll anything it cleared all of the jumps no problem as easy as my 1/8 scale. The thing you have to keep in mind is that at ARC it is smooth you can get the power down to clear the big ones even with a short start. It is very very well goomed in my opinion. I think most people have no idea how sweet of a track Dan keeps.
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #2650
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would love it if people would show up to ARC to run electric 1/8 & electric SC...it seems it's always dominated by gas. I don't have the batteries to run as long as a gas main lasts so I'm forced to race in the OC. I'd much rather run at ARC since it's a lot closer to me but I have to run where they run electric...Maybe if it was promoted in some way the electric SC guys and 1/8 guys would show up?
BLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #2651
Tech Adept

Default hey brandon

whats up brandon long time no show for me. Give me a couple months I'll be back out there. I miss you guys. Dont know what I'll return with. Hey no dispect on my behalf I thought that guy was someone else. I hope I didnt come off as an asshole, and I hope he dosnt think im one. Im all inn for anything racing at ARC. See you guys soon Sean
sshank.shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #2652
Tech Adept

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be building a new layout today at ARC. If anyone has some time to spare it sure would be a big help. I know people are busy in all, but today is my wifes due date for our first kid and I'm gonna be runnin a damn tractor.LOL I will try to keep it sc freindly
DE Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #2653
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Dave, maybe a layout that can be simply modified by throwing a pipe down and opening a gate or something to redirect the SC trucks around a large double or triple would work. In watching the trucks run it seems like they only struggle with the really big jumps that 8th scales make easily.

And good luck in the next few days for you and Sheri(spell???) with the new addition to the family!
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #2654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugs View Post
Hey Dave, maybe a layout that can be simply modified by throwing a pipe down and opening a gate or something to redirect the SC trucks around a large double or triple would work. In watching the trucks run it seems like they only struggle with the really big jumps that 8th scales make easily.

And good luck in the next few days for you and Sheri(spell???) with the new addition to the family!
The main thing is that the 4wd Unlimited SC's can run on and in some cases out run (at least for 5 minutes) 1/8 buggies. The main problem is "kite-ing" the long big air jumps play havoc with truck bodies. You can roll the jumps but what fun is that?

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #2655
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Racing View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be building a new layout today at ARC. If anyone has some time to spare it sure would be a big help. I know people are busy in all, but today is my wifes due date for our first kid and I'm gonna be runnin a damn tractor.LOL I will try to keep it sc freindly
its ok dave, i dont race sc so go all out on 40 foot doubles!!!

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote