R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #2446
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhopkins8 View Post
Guys,

Give ARC a break..

With all the weather related issues surrounding the snowman series we should be lucky that we can compete at a first class facility like ARC. They worked really hard at getting a COMPLETELY new layout for round one only to have mother nature dump all over the track. That may have taken the wind out of their sails as I know it would have mine. YES a new layout would be nice and I think Dan and Dave have done an excellent job at giving us many GREAT layouts over the short time ARC has been at its current spot.

If you are complaining about paying an extra 10bucks to race the series then that is a little ridiculous IMO.
Well said....... Haven't we only raced about 6-8 times on a layout that literally took Dave a whole week to build? I am sure ARC is getting close to changing it up a bit but it might be a little hard considering the weather. Either way, I am appreciative that we even have a track remotely close to San Diego to CLUB race at. I am sure that if there were more people willing to help change the layout, it would get changed more often.....Oh and $30 for a SERIES race entry is pretty standard for RC Racing. I have no clue why there are so many complaints when ARC does it.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #2447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

It could be worse. Revelation has had the same flat layout since the beginning of November. In that time they have had the Kyosho Fall Classic, the ROAR 1/8 electric championships, the J-Concepts Open and next weekend will be the Airtronics Winternationals......all without a track change....and the existing one is flat and boring. Why is attendance slipping
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #2448
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is just my opinion, but I think a layout change levels the playing field again. Racing, to me, is not just about who has gotten faster on a given layout, but who can adjust to new conditions, in a short time.

Getting faster on a given layout can just come from driving on it over and over. That of course gives locals the advantage. Many people cannot get to go practice during the week, on the same layout, so they have only had a short time run on it.

This is not just about ARC, but tracks in general. As far as just club racing, I know when I go to any track, I will be up against the locals. That's why I try to go to all the tracks. It's a challenge to compete with the locals, who have much more time on a layout.

That's what I enjoy about attending big races. Normally they are fresh layouts, and is a level playing field. Everyone has the same amount of time to figure it out. Granted a small series race is not the exact same thing, but it is similar in the fact that it does bring "other than locals" to the track.

Is 30.00 too much for a series race? Maybe not, but 30.00 x 70 (average entries) = 2100.00 x 4 = 8400.00 ( i hope my math is right!! ) .

Dave E has done an EXCELLENT job for ARC. Not taking ANYTHING away from his hard work. He shouldn't have to do all the hard work himself, but we do appreciate everything he does for sure!

In closing... It is what it is. This is the last round coming up, so those in the running, will be there regardless. Good luck to all.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #2449
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Racing

I will always run at ARC and others tracks around cali, The purpose of the thread is to spread the word and for people to voice their opinions about things going on at the track. Some people will always not agree on things but the main goal is to let everyone know how they feel about the scene and try to make the racing and series the best it can be. Thirty dollars is not alot to race but people want posted prizes on the flyer and a idea of what they are. Believe it or not but this will bring alot more people out that have never been to arc. Also it was announced a track change during the series ,thats why people are asking about it. Regardless of weather ,christmas , new years, ect , its winter. Dont announce it if you know the factors. I would rather start early like the series does and have the longer quals , mains with no series for 20.
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #2450
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
I will always run at ARC and others tracks around cali, The purpose of the thread is to spread the word and for people to voice their opinions about things going on at the track. Some people will always not agree on things but the main goal is to let everyone know how they feel about the scene and try to make the racing and series the best it can be. Thirty dollars is not alot to race but people want posted prizes on the flyer and a idea of what they are. Believe it or not but this will bring alot more people out that have never been to arc. Also it was announced a track change during the series ,thats why people are asking about it. Regardless of weather ,christmas , new years, ect , its winter. Dont announce it if you know the factors. I would rather start early like the series does and have the longer quals , mains with no series for 20.
That last sentence, exactly my point! ;P
Look at the length's of quals, mains for club races and then look at the length's for snowman series. Seem's a little strange to me, maybe he was expecting a bigger turnout for the series, I don't know. And this isn't a normal SERIES race, it's a little club race series and the winner get's a plaque.

JBRL is a SERIES race!

Nothing against Dan and ARC. Dan is a nice guy and he's doing the best he can. It's always fun making the trek out there, Dave E. does a killer job on the track. Met a lot of great people at Arc.

Danny did all the math for everyone to see, It's not like they are losing any money on this series. Wouldn't hurt to spend a couple bills to put in a new layout for each round, doesn't even have to be a whole track change, maybe just move some pipe around and change a jump or two.

I am not hating on ARC. Just putting in my .2 cents to try and give them some ideas to make the Snowman series better in 2010.

From one track owner/builder to another.

Good luck to everyone at the final round!

-Levi Jackson

www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com
Levi's Pit Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #2451
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi's Pit Dad View Post
That last sentence, exactly my point! ;P
Look at the length's of quals, mains for club races and then look at the length's for snowman series. Seem's a little strange to me, maybe he was expecting a bigger turnout for the series, I don't know. And this isn't a normal SERIES race, it's a little club race series and the winner get's a plaque.

JBRL is a SERIES race!

Nothing against Dan and ARC. Dan is a nice guy and he's doing the best he can. It's always fun making the trek out there, Dave E. does a killer job on the track. Met a lot of great people at Arc.

Danny did all the math for everyone to see, It's not like they are losing any money on this series. Wouldn't hurt to spend a couple bills to put in a new layout for each round, doesn't even have to be a whole track change, maybe just move some pipe around and change a jump or two.

I am not hating on ARC. Just putting in my .2 cents to try and give them some ideas to make the Snowman series better in 2010.

From one track owner/builder to another.

Good luck to everyone at the final round!

-Levi Jackson
greatly said levi it wouldnt cost too much to do some changes, but arc is my home track and i will race on it no matter how the track is. dave thank you for the awesome track and track maintenece!!!

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #2452
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Sounds like this broken record has been playng for years now. You guys should know by now that unless someone chimes in and changes the track on their own buck like "some people" have done in the past, it just aint gonna happen. With the right people doing a track change, it takes 10 hrs from start to finish. As for the series I cant commemt, as I am not a part of the racing scene any longer. Sound like things havent changed and for that I glad not to be around as it is frustrating as hell.
On a side note......property has been aquired in the northern temecula area 1 mile from the 15 and a racing facility that suits all these needs just may be in the works. I will keep you all posted...hang in there!!!
Mike Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #2453
Tech Rookie

Complain all you want but put up or shut up! I only see a few people stepping up to the plate to help. If you want a track change then pick up some shovels and lend a hand. If it's your home track then it's YOUR track to help out...things don't get done by themselves or by one man. This is pretty much a one man opertion and one guy does the best he can.
Don't complain or point fingers about entry fees and where the money goes. People who don't run their own business have no idea what it costs to operate...oh that's right electricity, water, facilities, fences, etc. are all free every month. Get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dig in or back up a bit; if ARC wasn't there you'd be the first to complain!
RCRookieChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #2454
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Another Mystery Account
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #2455
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRookieChron View Post
Complain all you want but put up or shut up! I only see a few people stepping up to the plate to help. If you want a track change then pick up some shovels and lend a hand. If it's your home track then it's YOUR track to help out...things don't get done by themselves or by one man. This is pretty much a one man opertion and one guy does the best he can.
Don't complain or point fingers about entry fees and where the money goes. People who don't run their own business have no idea what it costs to operate...oh that's right electricity, water, facilities, fences, etc. are all free every month. Get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dig in or back up a bit; if ARC wasn't there you'd be the first to complain!
im at arc twice aweek practicing and racing, and i also buy fuel and other thing from dan also. if my brother an i need something for our cars i go to dan to see if i can give him the money over hobbytown or whatever. i never said that i wont be happy without a track change i said it would be nice. i dont mind paying 10 bucks for practice and 30 to race becuase i DO know where the money goes and thats right back into the track. and if i had nothing else to do then yeah i would be at the track shoveling and grooming ever second i can.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #2456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the Weather that we have and are going to have is there a chance that ARC is racing this weekend?
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #2457
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
With the Weather that we have and are going to have is there a chance that ARC is racing this weekend?
i hope so. we are supposed to have am showers tomarrow and thats it for the rest of theweek

Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #2458
Tech Fanatic

race race race...
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #2459
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsshemp View Post
race race race...
RACE. how is hemet looking after the tsunami we had??

Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #2460
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstarlosi View Post
RACE. how is hemet looking after the tsunami we had??
Not too good. took on a TON of water. now there is more water coming!

A lot of work to do once it dries out.