Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING >

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think that there will be enough for an e-buggy class. I know of 4 not from this forum. It should be fun! And quiet
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tech5
Oh Dang! Gregs gonna bring out the "E-RAY"! so eco friendly!
I'm also bringing out my "hi-fulluton completely pollutin" MBX6T, nitro powered that is, V-spec'd and EB-modded...

Does that make my carbon footprint cancel out?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I can't wait to see the turn out for the e-buggy class. I hope the class takes off. I would love to go E!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metzman
I'm also bringing out my "hi-fulluton completely pollutin" MBX6T, nitro powered that is, V-spec'd and EB-modded...

Does that make my carbon footprint cancel out?
Hey Greg,

The MBX6T brushless kits just came in. You don't have to increase your carbon footprint after all
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

WAIT A MINUTE! What do you mean mbx6t? eb modded? somebody win the lottery? Hey Daniel you got any conversion kits for my subaru?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

WAIT A MINUTE! What do you mean mbx6t? eb modded? somebody win the lottery? Hey Daniel you got any conversion kits for my subaru?
Not yet, but if I can get a Tamiya buggy for a few weeks...
Old 09-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default electric MBX6T

Thanks for the offer Dan, I would be very curious to run an electric MBX6T, but I am currently happily married to my nitro truggy. As Tech-5 so clearly observed, I have a little too much invested in it currently to abandon the nitro aspect right now.

The electric buggy class was a lot of fun last night! Thanks for your help at the track, you Tekno guys are a good group and a great asset to the racing hobby. It would be great to see the electric class take off just to see your hard work and investment in the racing community and the e-class pay-off.

Last night was great fun! I can't wait to get out there and race again, thank you to all the guys who work to get the track prepped and keep the layouts fresh. The new layout has great flow and is a lot of fun, get out there and run it. See you all for the Snowman series, hopefully sooner...
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

There are some rules that need to be addressed. I saw something last night that was not up to spec..............
Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Great turnout last night!! It was awesome to see the pits completely full......hopefully this is a sign of things to come. It was good to see so many electric guys and racing their own class. Thanks again Chris and Trackstar for the Pit support. I do have a question though. If I flame out twice during my 30 minute main will you make sure that you restart my car and throw me backwards down pit lane so I don't miss a lap?? I heard of another pit guy doing this for his racer so I just wanted to make sure you would do it for me. Maybe Dan can address this during a drivers meeting next week. Despite this "hiccup" I had a great time as usual. Those that couldn't make it out to ARC missed a great night of racing.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey brandon I herd some people
talking about that when I was
leaving. What happend?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey brandon I heard some people
talking about that when I was
leaving.What happend?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey all...
Great racing last night as usual! It was a great turnout and good to see pits and classes full! Thanks to Jacque for help in the pits I appreciate it man maybe next time I can keep my front end together? Congrats to Brandon A for the win... tell David I appologize for the throw down in the pits that resulted in him flying off pit lane! For those of you that do not know... DURING A RACE EXIT PIT LANE TO THE RIGHT!!!!! Its only fair to the ones following the rules... LOL see you all in a couple weeks JBRL this weekend so I won't be there this weekend
Old 09-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are some rules that need to be addressed. I saw something last night that was not up to spec..............
definately a true that on that! but we did have Brandon and Davids pits to spec! good job Chris!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Great racing in all classes last night. Like others have said, good to see the pits full and some new faces too.

I had a great time last night in the electric class. I hope it continues to grow. Now that it can be separate, hopefully we see some more nitro guys trying it out. I won't be able to make it out to race for the next couple months, but maybe I'll be able to sneak in a race before my world is turned upside down (new baby...)

Track changes were great (I know, I'm a week late). Still technical but had a better flow than before for sure.

Congrats to Michael Losi on the Expert truggy win. I don't even think I saw you in the main. Thanks again to all the E-1/8th racers that made the class possible last night. See ya!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, quick note about the 12 minute main...

I know some were a little upset at the 12 minute electric main, but here was some of the reasoning.

We wanted to run some warm up laps to get comfortable without having to worry about dumping. Normally when we run with the nitros, we don't run any warm up laps and our first few laps are always a little rough until we get into the groove again.

We wanted to have as many people finish the race as possible (a few weren't going to make run time otherwise)

Running the batteries down without ~20% in the pack kills them, plain and simple. This costs money and we've learned the hard way over the years. If you run them all the way down all the time, the battery may seem fine for a little bit, but then the capacity and cycle life fall off dramatically.

I think we had a great showing for the class at 12 minutes. Next time we can go for 15, but I'd hate to lose anyone due to a battery dump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.