R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #1906
Tech Adept

i'm not really angry about it. my $20 bill that i hand over to dan has the same value as everyone elses. i understand at big races where time is a factor that mains are shorter, and having lower mains "d" "e" and "f" mains should want to make those guys qualify better so they can run longer..kinda earn it ya know?

at a club race where there is only 30-40 racers with 4-5 main events all "a mains" why shouldnt everyone get the same "bang for their buck"? im not even asking for 30 mins...20 would be nice...7 min qualifiers for everyone would be nice... i dont think im the only one who feels this way and honestly its not that big of a deal, i just think it would be cool when there is a low turn out to have some fun and give back to the people who come out every weekend and show support for ARC. pro or not.
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #1907
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnao View Post
i'm not really angry about it. my $20 bill that i hand over to dan has the same value as everyone elses. i understand at big races where time is a factor that mains are shorter, and having lower mains "d" "e" and "f" mains should want to make those guys qualify better so they can run longer..kinda earn it ya know?

at a club race where there is only 30-40 racers with 4-5 main events all "a mains" why shouldnt everyone get the same "bang for their buck"? im not even asking for 30 mins...20 would be nice...7 min qualifiers for everyone would be nice... i dont think im the only one who feels this way and honestly its not that big of a deal, i just think it would be cool when there is a low turn out to have some fun and give back to the people who come out every weekend and show support for ARC. pro or not.
You definitely have some good points and I forgot that Pro's are the only ones getting 7 minute qualifiers. Especially with only 4-5 heats, I think everyone should get 7 minute qualifiers. I personally (along with other "pro" drivers) asked for 7 minute qualifiers, that is why we got them. I will talk to dan about increasing everyone's qualifiers to 7 minutes. The only problem I see is the longer mains for any classes running with electrics. Most electrics simply can't run longer than a 15 minute main. Again, if anyone wants to see something changed or have suggestions, just talk to Dan. If it seems as though everyone is on board he will make a change.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #1908
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrace View Post
Wow!! I thought the only people who would be upset that the Pro's get 30 minute mains would be the turnmarshalls. I could definitely understand not wanting to turnmarshall for 30 minutes straight. The fact is that the Pro's don't usually have electric cars and mains longer than 15 minutes for the Expert and Sportsman basically makes those guys stay home. This has been discussed before. At large races, is it unfair for the guys in the "A" main to race 45 minutes and those in the lower mains to race 15 minutes?? Maybe the guys in the 10 minute "H" main deserve to get some money back. Either way, if it meant having more people come out to race, I am sure Dan would change things. I didn't mean to blast you karnao, I just don't think it is unfair to anyone except the turnmarshalls.
Everyone is aware that the lower mains are going to be shorter, but to make the A-Mains for your main paying population 1/2 the time of the 'Pro' class is a bit rediculous. I can see giving the 'Pro' class 5 min more than your experts, but not 15 min. That just isn't fair. It would have been very easy for Dan to make the expert mains(buggy and truggy) each 5 min longer and keep the masses happy and not impact the length of the program.

If you don't take care of the people who take care of you, you won't be around for very long....

BTW I have never heard anyone in the expert class complain about having a long main. In fact it's always the opposite. We complain about the mains not being long enough. I'd kill for a 30 min truggy main.

Also the only reason someone would complain about cornering for 30 min is the fact that they only got to race for 15....
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #1909
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well said brandon and dave! longer qualifiers and mains would be awesome... but I know it can't happen in my class due to electrics running. oh well no worries I'm there to race, learn, and have fun! and not once at ARC have I not gotten all three! as for marshalling for 30 mins I tend to like it due to the excitement of being right there in the middle of some of the best side by side action week after week. jus my 2 cents
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #1910
Tech Regular

Like I have said countless times....just ask Dan and see what happens. It is funny how some people always see the glass half full. Again, experts and sportsman classes almost always have electrics......they can't run more than 15 minutes! Would it be fair to all of the electric guys to be forced into longer mains that they can't possibly finish?? When the Pro's have electrics, we have reduced our main's to accomodate them. The only way to make everything completely "fair" and to please the complainers would be to reduce the pro main to 15 minutes....that's it. Somehow that doesn't really make sense to me.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #1911
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Ricky. I wish I had just left it alone though.
DE Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #1912
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default RACING

Lets Just Race ! I'm down for 20 min mains for everyone, but then when you do that ,you will have a new comlaint from the electrics. If you go back a few pages we have been down this road before. Oh i forgot to mention the people that can never enjoy their night racing because they have a curfew and need to rush home. Dan wants everyone to leave the track wanting to drive back out on sunday and drive all day. The only way to be heard is at the track in person and not on the web. Allot of people express their concerns on the web ,then are invisible at the track. I always express my concers about changes that need to be made and people know who i am
Anthony Howarth . so who's ready to race ? Trackstar ?
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #1913
Tech Adept

I like the 15 minute main
Maybe all talk to dan about
a 16 minute main
See you all out there
sshank.shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #1914
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So......what time today for helping with the track? I would like to come and give a hand.

Sponsorship:
MY JOB
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #1915
Tech Adept

We will be out there around 4:30 - 5:00. Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #1916
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Racing View Post
We will be out there around 4:30 - 5:00. Thanks
How long are you out there for?

Sponsorship:
MY JOB
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #1917
Tech Adept

Tonite we should wrap it up by 8:00 or so.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #1918
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh no, not again

Just FYI, when the electrics run in the pro class sometimes it is 15 minutes, but most of the time it is longer and we just pull our cars off early, no big deal. We (Tekno guys) never once have asked to make them shorter because we don't want the rest of the pros to sacrifice just because our rigs can't go longer than 15. We've always let Dan know to run what most people want and we will just adapt (same goes for Expert class).

Maybe it's time for electrics to _try_ their own class, even though we'll be mixing up the skill levels. This may bring new people to the track who don't know or want to run with the nitros. It may also get some of the nitro guys to run a 2nd class if they're interested. Personally, I'm fine with whatever, if we have to pull our cars early, fine. If the races are shortened, fine. The focus right now should be to increase head count on race days.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #1919
Tech Adept

Well put tekno. I don't want to short change anyone. My main interest is getting the head count up as well. I agree that it would be cool to have electrics in a seperate class, but it does take more people to make that happen. Who knows what the future holds. Have you guys had any luck luck in making longer run times?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #1920
Tech Adept

I think it would be pretty cool if the electrics had their own class to run plus it will give us a little bit more time to wrench
sshank.shank is offline   Reply With Quote