R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #106
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: GZ Shops

Quote:
Originally posted by mop_iko
Arniel? your name is like my phillipino friend here... hehehehe... but his name is ARNEL...COOL... i can try to contact them. xie xie ni CE!!!!! lucky for us RENJIE!!! yeah..... i do hope the track is here in SHANGHAI not in beijing... hehehehehe

mop
Mop- Bo yong Ke Qi ?!! My name sounds like a Filipino because I am a Filipino

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 03:53 AM.
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #107
Tech Master

Quote:
hmmmm... GOT THE BUGGY EH! u r soooo fast! lucky boy!
Yeah, have to hurry before it's gone. They told me that somebody from Shanghai named Iskandar is trying to get hold of it j/k

Quote:
what's the stock engine they give you? .12? what brand? not enough horse power eh? what kind of engine is suitable for this baby? if u dont take the stock engine is the price cheaper?
The stock engine is SH.21 probably made in Taiwan but I want something that's better so I am getting an OS instead. I will PM you the price without radio and engine

Quote:
what do u mean by 'the radio was a trick'.... still dont understand.... it looks good from the pic.
that's what I mean

trick- v, to dress ornately(webster)- hopped up i guess hehe

Quote:
are the parts still in stock parts or hop ups? what kind of hop ups is compatible with this baby... maybe the m***n M**-5 buggy hop ups?
most of the hop ups are already included - I am not sure if this is compatible with M***-5 I would pressume yes!

Quote:
are the materials GOOD and TOUGH for a buggy? how about the workmanship?
So far so good- no complains I will confirm that after I have tested the car

Quote:
whoooaoaaaa... a lot of question here.. sorry. need to know more before can consider it....
no problem bro

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #108
Tech Master

Default quick stats

mop & renjie - did you notice that this thread have been getting a lot of views recently in the TRACK LOCATOR FORUM?

for the last 30 days - 4th overall
for the last 10 days - 3rd overall
for the last 5 days - 2nd overall

is this a good news or what?
Old 11-23-2003, 07:05 AM   #109
Tech Master

Default Re: quick stats

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!
mop & renjie - did you notice that this thread have been getting a lot of views recently in the TRACK LOCATOR FORUM?

for the last 30 days - 4th overall
for the last 10 days - 3rd overall
for the last 5 days - 2nd overall

is this a good news or what?
is it? i didnt notice that.. how to look at the thing? i always do hope there is somebody out there that have interests in investing or running RC activities in china (esp in shanghai...) so that it will give a boost for RC here in china.

What if they (the big shots of RC) organise something good like.... next year 2004 shanghai will host F1. So in conjunction with that we can have some tournament or something or if not tournament we can have exhibition show of RC. For sure we will have a good spectator during the period. Maybe we can do that in NANJING DONG LU (the pedestrian road in the heart of shanghai city). Is it COOL or COOL?

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:09 PM   #110
Tech Master

Thumbs up RC Tournament in China

Quote:
Originally posted by mop_iko What if they (the big shots of RC) organise something good like.... next year 2004 shanghai will host F1. So in conjunction with that we can have some tournament or something or if not tournament we can have exhibition show of RC. For sure we will have a good spectator during the period. Maybe we can do that in NANJING DONG LU (the pedestrian road in the heart of shanghai city). Is it COOL or COOL?

mop
mop & renjie - RC Exhibition/Tournament? thats sounds cool! I'd like to join you and race with you guys but the cost in going up there is too high for me maybe we can meet halfway in China hehe

Quote:
i always do hope there is somebody out there that have interests in investing or running RC activities in china (esp in shanghai...) so that it will give a boost for RC here in china.

mop
sad to say the truth ... but if there will be no tracks-there will be no racers that will be interested to join

Quote:
is it? i didnt notice that.. how to look at the thing

mop

...when your in the "track locator forum" select the no. of days on the lower right of the page depending on how many days you want to show. After that click " Views" on the upper right of the page so that it will be sorted by the number of views! there you go

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:06 PM   #111
Tech Master

Default RC Boat???

Mop - Renjie here's a thought hat came up on my mind. Maybe this is a result from my fraustration in finding a track here in my area or someone to race with and share common interest.

What if we would take advantage of what China already have and not look for something that is not there. I can understand the hesitation of the track operators to build them in this area because the lot's are expensive which Renjie have pointed out a couple of times. I think this what happened to the ZRCC track which I think was a world calss facility.
Btw, the area now is converted to a big sporting facility. Football stadium ( really huge! wonder if I can run my buggy there?.. probably not or I'll end up in jail hehe) , tennis courts, soccer field, basketball courts ( huge stadium! maybe I can get away running my buggy here like what the shops in Guangzhou told me) , Skating rink, volley ball , Badminton ..... and a nice bar to hang out during the night . The place itself is turned into a city inside a city during the night. Sorry if got off topic there for a monent

What I mean is the huge and numbers of rivers and lakes that China already have . We can convert this into a race track but not run cars though RC BOATS! I think they are also fun to run and I don't have to worry hitting something and breaking parts or tires to wear And also the INSANE SPEEEEEEEED!!!!! of the out triggers. What do you think? I will do some research on this stuff

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:41 PM   #112
Tech Master

Default Re: RC Boat???

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!

What I mean is the huge and numbers of rivers and lakes that China already have . We can convert this into a race track but not run cars though RC BOATS! I think they are also fun to run and I don't have to worry hitting something and breaking parts or tires to wear And also the INSANE SPEEEEEEEED!!!!! of the out triggers. What do you think? I will do some research on this stuff

CE!
CE,

When we run our car in the track, at the side of the track there is a pond. Earlier part of our tryouts me and renjie cant start our engine coz we are sooo stupid back then.

Suddently renjie ask me, how about we buy RC Boat or a RC sail and play it in the pond. Then i asked him back... if your batteries went dead and your boat stuck in the middle of the pond, who is going to swim and take the boat for you?

sure Renjie would recall this!!!

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #113
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: RC Boat???

Quote:
Suddently renjie ask me, how about we buy RC Boat or a RC sail and play it in the pond. Then i asked him back... if your batteries went dead and your boat stuck in the middle of the pond, who is going to swim and take the boat for you?

sure Renjie would recall this!!!

mop
mop - I used to watch rc boat races back home long time ago. This was before I even buy my first rc car. What they did is have another boat usually electric powered with a a big two sticks and a fish net up front. This boat is slow but powerful like a tug boat in the full scale world. Whenever a boat will stall in the middle this rescue boat will come in and move the stalled boat back to the shore or on a safer location to avoid collition with the other boats. Can you picture a forklift lifting a crate? This is how the scene will llk like

The rescue boats that Ive seen were made of plywood/balsa and did looks cheap but really serves their purpose, I think.

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #114
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys

I just noticed that we have over 1000 views now. Not bad I think....... Better than when I talked to myself.

CE- I just changed the post. I'm sorry about that but I didnt know how to change it or I would have done it immediately. I don't want to risk their business too If mop had told me sooner I would have gotten him to do it for me.

That buggy looks pretty hot, let us know how it performs.... we are interested in them too now Check who in HK stocks buggy motors before you go there or you might find it a wasted trip (no buggy tracks in HK anymore)

I gave the idea of sailboats to MOP before. He laughed at me. I said it would be more fun than flying kites

Now the bad news for you. Those 2 shops on Dongfeng xilu are both the same. If you look at the photos you will see the same name on them in Chinese. I think thats why they are so close together. They are the ones who had the track and closed it. That same company own a small shop here in Shanghai as well. We call it xiaojies shop

The shop I said was in the stadium opposite Teem plaza. they sell Kyosho, Tamiya and Serpent (from memory) and another in Wuyang xin cheng. At least you found half of them

Quote:
What if they (the big shots of RC) organise something good like.... next year 2004 shanghai will host F1. So in conjunction with that we can have some tournament or something or if not tournament we can have exhibition show of RC. For sure we will have a good spectator during the period. Maybe we can do that in NANJING DONG LU (the pedestrian road in the heart of shanghai city).
MOP- We can organise that but it would probably need lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I did have that kind of idea before remember??

Where is Tommi building his track? Hongqiao is too big but I hope its not far out in the middle of nowhere.

Sorry for my late post, I was slightly intoxicated all weekend watching the rugby....... now I can get racing again.
renjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:49 PM   #115
Tech Master

renjie- have problem uploading the pix using the [IMG] thingy. I will upload it the easier way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ck1.jpg (80.5 KB, 102 views)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:51 PM   #116
Tech Master

2nd one.....

I will edit this later
Old 11-23-2003, 11:53 PM   #117
Tech Master

3rd one.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ck3.jpg (91.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #118
Tech Master

4th...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ck4.jpg (80.3 KB, 112 views)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #119
Tech Master

last....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ck5.jpg (68.6 KB, 97 views)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:59 PM   #120
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks CE

I think thats the best looking "TOY" car I have seen in China

Nice to know how it will perform.
renjie is offline   Reply With Quote