R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-16-2003, 06:50 AM   #76
Tech Master

mop- just get back from Shenzhen and my friend was able to get a day pass- He's from the mainland.

The driving was two hours to Shenzhen and another hour to the track. The track is inside a park and was situated further back. Since I dont have a car I have to walk another 10-15 minutes to get there. To get inside the park you have to pay 15 RMB and 50 to run your car on the track. For me 50 RMB is too high for that kind of facility. I'm not saying the track is bad at all.The place is clean and kept well but no marshalls. For that price they should have provided at least one per track

The track is called Headwind. They not only have an onroad track but have an offroad and runway for the planes as well. The onroad track was ashpalt with a decent size. I saw four people on the onroad track and 5 more on the offroad but a lot on the flying field. I think the owner of the place is a plane hobyist himself too and the shop was more geared towards rc planes. I guess that is why the place is called Headwind. I've seen quite number of chopper flew and it was really cool

The offroad cars really kicked ass!!! They were running 1/8 scale nitro buggy with .21 engine. These engines really scream on the straight and really dig dirt! I mean an mpressive roost tail of dust coming from the rear wheels everytime it accelerate coming out of a turn I never saw some big air though, like what I saw in the US probably because the track did not have table jumps. There were Mugen probably MBX 4 and maybe some Kyosho but I am not sure since I did not take a closer look. The engines ive seen were Novarossi & RB. Ive seen one with green head but I do'nt know what it was. Does Novarossi make one or was it a CMB?

I only saw Serpent 705 and AE NTC3 running for the onroad and a mixed of Novarossi and RB on the engines. I saw a poster of Sirio engine but did not see anybody using them. Sirio are very popular on our tracck because of their low end power and have a very good top end too. They were running foamsand I asked one of the racers on what shores they were running. He simply answered " bring all shores that you have and run them all as you like". That's really a help since the track where I used to run only uses rubber. Now I have to buy all the shores and expirement my self

More later... I'm kinda tired and sleepy from the six hours drive. I don't how am I gonna do it again

Last edited by centax error!; 11-16-2003 at 08:19 PM.
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CE- I did tell you if would be out in the countryside somewhere. Where are you in Guangdong?? 2 hours from Shenzhen is Guangzhou right? or the far side of Dongguan.

65 just too use the track is pretty steep. I suppose we are lucky here because there is a big car park we can use for free.

the 1/8th sounds pretty awesome. long time no off road
renjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 AM   #78
Tech Master

renjie- yeah, u did told me that it was on the woods but I never realize that it was that far. It really cost me alot going there and the travel time. I think it does not pay for me to go back.

I was so amazed watching the 1/8th buggy that I forgot to take pictures of the track but my friend was able to take picture of me on the kart track

I stayed in Dongguan and Shongshan alternately but stayed in Zhongshan most of the time. I think the option left is to go HK but I am not really familiar with the place and it's not cheapm to go there either. I called the shop in Guangshou and they are still open but they don't have a track wonder where they run cars.I may have to call again and ask. Do you have any idea?

talk to you later
Old 11-17-2003, 06:53 AM   #79
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!
renjie- yeah, u did told me that it was on the woods but I never realize that it was that far. It really cost me alot going there and the travel time. I think it does not pay for me to go back.

I was so amazed watching the 1/8th buggy that I forgot to take pictures of the track but my friend was able to take picture of me on the kart track

I stayed in Dongguan and Shongshan alternately but stayed in Zhongshan most of the time. I think the option left is to go HK but I am not really familiar with the place and it's not cheapm to go there either. I called the shop in Guangshou and they are still open but they don't have a track wonder where they run cars.I may have to call again and ask. Do you have any idea?

talk to you later
at least u got to know the place and share with us. So thanks for the input on the track.

i think they also run their car in car park... maybe at the stadium? or a big park in Guangzhou.

in shanghai we have (i think) 2 karting track.... and one of them running from 9am until 2am with 160cc kart... but i havent try it. THe track is nearby RENJIE's house!!! cool... one of these days maybe.

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:13 PM   #80
Tech Rookie

Default Track in Southern China

Hi guys, try this track in China, about 2 hours drive from Sengzhen , I think!
http://www.bbksoftware.com/china/pic...ragontrack.jpg
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:25 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Kelly- thanks for the link but this one would have been better

http://www.bbksoftware.com/china/istc3.htm

I remember this site for ages ago but that was before my time in China so I'm not sure if the track is still open.

CE- you can see if that track is still in Zhongshan. The link is pretty old so it may take some tracking down for you to find it. Maybe email them and ask if they have any details. Alternatively you could email cityhobby in HK and ask them if they know how to contact the track. I remember they had a trophy in their window from that race http://www.cityhobby.com they are Mugen importers but still pretty helpful.

I guess you are thinking about a 1/8th buggy now I saw an RTR inferno in HK for between $2200-$2400hk I was considering buying that instead of the R40.

It wouldn't be too hard to race in HK but you may have trouble getting nitro across the boarder Just take a bus to Lowu (border in Shenzhen) and then the KCR to Fanling, its about the 2nd-3rd stop. The guys on the HK thread would have more details on actual racing there though. For rc stuff you only need to go to Mongkok (RC heaven).

You are better off spending a day and going to Guangzhou to check out the other shops. They are more racing orientated than that one. they must run somewhere but we all know what the chinese are like in telling us what WE want to know rather than what THEY want to tell us. You could try Macau also, its closer to you and cheaper than HK.

Mop- We can check it out anytime after saturday. did you find out how much it costs? I should just go and ask....... it is only 5 mins away. I think the other one is further up zhongshan beilu. Then again I should get the RC going too.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:34 AM   #82
Tech Master

Default Re: Track in Southern China

Quote:
Originally posted by kelly
Hi guys, try this track in China, about 2 hours drive from Sengzhen , I think!
http://www.bbksoftware.com/china/pic...ragontrack.jpg
Renjie- I will check this out!!! I will be very happy if the track is still open I called City Hobby they seem not to know the place

No plans for buggy now worried about tuning those big block monsters but I am sure to get a 710 cant wait to try those ART thingy if it really works

I used to take the Lou Wu route two years ago but since the lines on the immigration was terrible I now take the Zhongshan_kowloon route. From there Mongkok is only 15 mins by taxi. I dont know if the Macau would be a good idea though

Kelly - Yes, Zhongshan is two hours from Shenzhen. . You know where in Zhongshan? The site does not give the exact address.

Thanks

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-18-2003 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mop_iko
in shanghai we have (i think) 2 karting track.... and one of them running from 9am until 2am with 160cc kart... but i havent try it. THe track is nearby RENJIE's house!!! cool... one of these days maybe.

..sorry for the pics....just feel like showing up tonight but I will remove them once Mop gets to see those

CE!

MOP - IM SURE THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE PICTURES SO I DELETED IT

Last edited by centax error!; 11-23-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 AM   #84
Tech Regular

CE- I was surprised they dont know. If you go to Hk and look in the window the trophy should still be there......

Macau may not be such a good place for more than one reason

The easiest way I could think of to find it would be get a student to go looking for it. Give them 50kuai if they find it or nothing if they don't

It was probably built just for the race and then demolished to make way for more factories and apartment blocks.

Thats a wicked Ntc3, mop will be jealous.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #85
Tech Rookie

CE, I only know that it is located next to a sport complex, like a big stadium, I didn't have time to look for it while I was there last year. Please keep me in mind if you guys can find out the address.
Kelly.
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #86
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

FYI, photographs of Headwind's tracks in Shenzhen are in the January 2004 issue of R/C Car magazine, here in the U.S. I've had the opportunity to do testing at both tracks, and they're a lot of fun, even if the surfaces are a bit strange compared to the 'States.

In my opinion, having any permanent track is better than none at all, even if the fees seem a bit steep. Better to pay more and race then not have a place to race at all. Especially in China where there is a dearth of tracks.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #87
Tech Master

wagnerov- when did you had the testing? yeah, you maybe right about paying higher than not having a track at all but then again if youre planning to be there almost everyday I guess it does make a big difference

Kelly- Stadium??? thats a start but Ive seen a lot of stadiums here. Did you take any picture of the place or any landmark near this stadium I am on a mission of finding this place

Thanks all

CE!
Old 11-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #88
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

I did testing during three trips between July and the end of October. I was playing with a new buggy for Power Racing, which is based in Jiekou, Dongguan. Last time I was there, I brought my Team Magic G4 over to get some on-road time. There was supposed to be a race, but it was cancelled at the last minute. Practice anywhere is good, however!

indeed, every day, 50cmb is a bit expensive. They should have discount card or something like that. Ah well. Happy racing!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:39 PM   #89
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wagnerov
I did testing during three trips between July and the end of October. I was playing with a new buggy for Power Racing, which is based in Jiekou, Dongguan.
Power Racing buggy? - is this new or it is marketed with a different label in the US. Like the Hong Nor-Ofna. I know of Power Racing in the US who make aftermarket parts but never heard of the buggy though. I presumed this is a nitro

Can you give us more info it sounded like your a sponsored driver or in the R&D. Any pics??

Quote:
[i] indeed, every day, 50cmb is a bit expensive. They should have discount card or something like that. Ah well. Happy racing! [/B]

everyday it is! well what can you do if you have a 710 hopefully Serpent does not move the scheduled first shipment

not 50 - its 50 plus 15 ( entrance fee) equals 65 RMB

just curious- why did you chose the track in Shenzhen for testing

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 11-18-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 PM   #90
Tech Regular

Quote:
just curious- why did you chose the track in Shenzhen for testing
He probably had nowhere else to use it

65kuai a day plus travel time does get expensive.