R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

Hey guys Brad and Forest and me went to Altoona, good racing and great times. Thanks for having us and showing me you da' man Morris.

Chris, tuff times, but you'll regain it Monday. C ya guys then.

You dudes blew past us on the way home, must be the VW in ya.
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #317
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
Hey guys Brad and Forest and me went to Altoona, good racing and great times. Thanks for having us and showing me you da' man Morris.

Chris, tuff times, but you'll regain it Monday. C ya guys then.

You dudes blew past us on the way home, must be the VW in ya.
aaron,
thx man,
i ma consistenly about the same speed there in altoona.seems like i finish second just about every week...lol.
i dont know if i am the man but im kinda kool for the most part of it.....

yea i dont know what the deal was with chris stuff.i drove it and it was good except for a couple parts of the track.
i had fun though.

im looking forward to coming there and running.im going to change a few things on my car for the 19th though.try to mellow it a little anyways.

well talk to ya later.

oh-yea we did pass ya on 99...eck even said i think we just past aaron....lol
Old 01-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #318
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Aaron,
it was great meeting you guys down Altoona last night. Is there any intrest in pan car out that way? I wouldn't mind making the trip down on a weekend to race w/you guys, but all I have is that 10L4 pan car and a box stock tt-01 so needless to say I am not going to keep up w/Morris and the gang w/a tt-01 and the pan car, well lets just say it does not turn right very well. How many cars would you need to make a class? If I could round up a couple pan car guys would you run a class of pan cars? I am not going to promise that we would be there weekly, but I know some of the guys make the Trip to McCullahs (sp?) a few times a month and thats over a 2 hours so maybe they would be up for some more brushless pan car on a few Saturdays.

Let me know what is up, maybe a Pan car class for the big race on the 19th???
Old 01-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #319
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Aaron,
it was great meeting you guys down Altoona last night. Is there any intrest in pan car out that way? I wouldn't mind making the trip down on a weekend to race w/you guys, but all I have is that 10L4 pan car and a box stock tt-01 so needless to say I am not going to keep up w/Morris and the gang w/a tt-01 and the pan car, well lets just say it does not turn right very well. How many cars would you need to make a class? If I could round up a couple pan car guys would you run a class of pan cars? I am not going to promise that we would be there weekly, but I know some of the guys make the Trip to McCullahs (sp?) a few times a month and thats over a 2 hours so maybe they would be up for some more brushless pan car on a few Saturdays.

Let me know what is up, maybe a Pan car class for the big race on the 19th???
brent,
i would be intersted in running the 10l4 there on the 19th.only thing is that they would somehow have to figure out a way to fit an oval track in the lay-out they have now.....

shit bring that tt01.i have oil shocks to put on it.and throw a set of foams on it...lol...dousnt hurt to try.....
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #320
Tech Master

Hey we would definitely run oval on the 19th. Right now I don't have many guys interested, but I will run it on 19th if 3-4 guys run.

Matt, we have converted the track to oval, and it isn't to hard. I have to move 5 pieces of rail, and it only takes 5 minutes. If you want to run, let me know.

The oval is bigger though, we run the outside line of the track with 90' stretch and 55' corners, the turns would be much wider, like Talladega. I think I could even get a pan car to run the oval, only thing I might need is a body. Let me know if some guys want to come for oval, we will definitely run it for the 19th. In fact I will plan to run and leave it open ended. If you want give me call and pm me for my number. LMK

Great time Friday and it was great meeting you too Brent. I haven't forgotten about the offer for the car, I may have to wait and see on that though, cash flow is low.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #321
Tech Master

If the big corners are an issue. There is another layout that would be similar to Altoona, we can decide on Sat which is better. But I think the big corners are great.

I hope adding oval will be a good thing, but after I saw that converting the track is not a big deal and that more time is required for the classes to get ready, I think oval is ok?

What do you guys think? LMK
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #322
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wont be coming on satGot to work.....
local, but not so local track www.richfieldracers.com
knoxvillerocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #323
Tech Master

WHAT!!!!

I understand, hopefully we willl get some other racers. C ya later on Mon
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #324
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxvillerocco View Post
I wont be coming on satGot to work.....
ahhhh....so sorry....

man this sucks....

maybe dennie can find a sitter......man ill ask my wife if she will watch kids she dont know....lol
Old 01-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #325
Tech Master

What, now you can't make it either?

Where did the idea of hook and loop carpet come from. I thought we had industrial carpet similar to Altoona. I had a guy say we had h & l.

Doesn't the cars hook up well? I hope guys don't think we have bad racing because of it. Oh well! I hope we get more guys for the 19th.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #326
Tech Master

I think we are going to go to longer heats. What do you guys think?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #327
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Aaron, I think the bigger corners would be ok, mostly just a gear change i would think. I would like to give you an answer on how many guys would want to make the trip on Sat., but for most of them it is a last min decision. I am going to post something on the altoona fourm and see what kind of interest i can get. I will def. make the trip, hopefully I can get a few more to join me!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #328
Tech Master

That would be great, I know its a last minute thing, but sometimes those are the best

Either way I know we have four guys running oval for 1/10 pan. It will be my first time running oval so I am going to practice Friday night. at home here, I won't be able to get back this Friday, but I will be back. I am borrowing someones car for Sat. But you will probably show me how to do it. Either way thanks for your enthusiasm, it is awesome to have guys excited
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #329
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great racing last night for sure! First night w/ the brushless and I finally got into the 15 sec. bracket..15.93 I think was the fastest w/ it. Shooting for running consistant 15's for saturdays big race. As for the DNF in the A main. I do believe you were gonna be in trouble morrisAnd Jeffy that TC5 didn't really have anything for me!Every weeks getting faster and faster!! Soon I'm gonna be all over ecks.Provided he can get a car figured out Aarron keep them tires for me for friday!I'll have one of my custom airbrushed bodies for sale if anyones interested in a parma mohawk LMK..see you guys then....I really need that 10.5 Aarron!

coming soon xray 00?
vrcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #330
Tech Master

I know Rob, I will call them today.

Well good racing and congrats to Matt.

Sorry Eck about the troubles hope you can get the car figured out.

C YA