Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Offroad racing around Springfield, Mo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Any Offroad racing around Springfield, Mo

Is there any offroad racing happening around Springfield, MO. I am new to the area and I am a die hard racer.
Thanks,
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well sorry to say no there isn't any now. A couple of tracks have come and gone due to poor management in the last couple of years. There is some onroad racing in Branson and Hollister, Mo. which is just down the road from you. Both run on Sun. afternoons. The one in Branson is at the Hobbytown location in the Meadows shopping center. Hollisters is at the local hobby shop which I can't remember the name of! Sorry! Rumors say there may be an offroad track coming though in Branson.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Unhappy

There are tracks in Chilicothe and pleasant hill missouri, not terribly close to ya.

I have a friend that moved there too, and hes bummed out, no tracks close bye..
Old 07-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

man that sucks, i live in russellville, a little dot on the map. but we have a really nice track. i feel for you guys up north.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MO Links

I kow the feeling...I moved to Buffalo just north of Springfield just last year. A few months prior to my arrival the local tracks closed. Since my new job has me traveling a lot I don't race much but did save some of the links to the tracks I am aware of in the area.

http://www.columbiathunder.com/PublicPortal/
http://www.mmrcc.com/index.php
http://www.noveltyrc.com/
http://www.nmr-c.com/
Lebanon MO has a In-door Nitro and Electric track.
You can call for information @ 417-588-7222
http://spfdrc.proboards82.com/---this is an old board with more information on it.

Enjoy!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'm not going to be nice. SPFD rc offroaders are mostly users, abusers, not contributors to there own hobby. They have many offroad 1/8, 1/10,
dirt oval 1/10, & 1/18t scale. it's really a shame they can't pool together and make it happen, SPFD is not a small town and has lots of smaller towns nearby. Management has been one issue , but the racers don't help the situation either. even if they had a nice track in the area...when gas was cheaper...the tracks were always better someplace else.

there is a Carpet track in a old wharehouse in SPFD. have one local offroader who drops in everynow and then. brags about it, claims it's funner, not as technical...etc...etc. if you ask him if he is going to start up a track, he says no. he was hoping that the carpet track was going to move to a better location and do offroad also along with carpet. he won't run onroad cars now, but claims he will run carpet if MBMS track moves and also has a dirt track. YEAH RIGHT

The indoor track in Lebanon in Feb 07 shut down. it was run by a racer named Mike Bayless. he had a heart attack & passed away at a Missouri Hall of Fame race there in Dec 06. his son who runs MBMS raceway took the reigns to reschedule the same race (Feb07) and only finish the race his dad had set-up and promoted. after that no one wanted to step-up, run the place, assist with track maintenance, clean-up, and due to bickering.... the owner of the property (also a racer) shut it down. BTW, 5 local onroad racers from SPFD raced offroad cars at the final race, i myself ran a Losi truck.

There is a hobbyshop in Lebanon and they run nitro offroad at a camp ground area.

TPA Hobby Holister 417-335-6624 runs asphalt electric/nitro onroad

Hobbytown Branson 417-334-8374 runs asphalt electric/nitro onroad sedans, offroad cars, 18T's. one of the HT Staff mentioned to me last weekend (21 Jul 07) that they have a dirt track going up on someones property.

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 07-26-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

It appears plans have changed, and I will be following my friend who moved to Missouri from Kansas. I will be moving in January! I just bought a TC and its awesome that theres places in Branson that race TC, but I also own a Truggy and a 1/10th scale electric buggy.... I sure hope that track goes in! Will have to keep my eyes open for offroad or will have to sell my offroad stuff...
:t ire: