Search

Racing in Anchorage, Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Exclamation Racing in Anchorage, Alaska

Just for grins I'd figured I'd post up some info for Alaska racing just in case there's some stragglers out there that haven't discovered the club yet.

For info check out the forums at the club website: http://www.aroara.org. The front page of the site is outta date right now.

General Info:

Late May - Late August is outdoor offroad racing. The main classes are 1/8 Buggy and Truggy. Monster Truck and others are run depending on how many people show up. Electrics are welcome as well and races can be run for those classes if there are enough competitors, but historically nitro is the dominant class.

From about October through April we'll be running indoor carpet. Rubber tires only at this time. This winter we will be running Micro (RC18T, etc), Stock Touring, 19T touring (later in the season) and 1/12 Touring. Other classes may be added if we can get permission to run tire compound. Information on location is located on the website.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

-Ken